OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It is fun but really geared towards families and groups. Consider tubing down the Comal River (probably half the cost of Schlitterbahn). Lots of young adults, as well as families, enjoy this activity.
I would rather go to a water park by myself. Tubing seems like more of a group activity than a water park! But, everyone is different.

Okay, I have a pretty lengthy question/vent.

My husband and I recently moved into an apartment. Its in a gated community of condos. Our landlord owns the unit and is renting it to us, blah blah blah, pretty standard stuff. There's also a home owner's association. My general understanding is that the HOA has "jurisdiction" over everything outside of my apartment and garage like the outside of the building, sidewalks, landscaping, etc.

There's some pretty substantial remodeling going on in regards to the outside of the building. Again, it has pros but its pretty inconvenient. They recently posted a notice to let us know they are starting to pressure wash and paint the outside of the building. No big deal.

Here is the notice verbatim: [Painting company] will be starting to paint your community. The approximate start date will be on 6-20 to 6-30. Painting will be between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday. Please clear all balcony floors of all furniture, hanging objects, and be sure that all windows/doors are closed and latched. Balconies will need to be cleared at time of power wash and remain clear to allow for painting. If balconies are not clear, [painting company] will move items as needed at resident's cost of $45.00 per hour. [Painting company] is not responsible for broken or damaged items that we may have to move.

Easy enough, right? Straight forward stuff. I understood this notice as, "We're going to be spraying water and paint at the outside walls and you need to move your outdoor furniture so it doesn't get damaged".

Now, I'm 8.5 months pregnant and a full time college student. I'm home from around 11 am every day. Its southern california, its hot, im hella pregnant and hella crabby. I got home from school yesterday and fell asleep on the couch, with the shades open, wearing what pregnant women wear in their own homes in the middle of the summer (read:bra and undies). I live on the third floor, so I wasn't really concerned with anyone seeing me. I woke up because there were painters standing on my balcony, loudly conversing and just generally disregarding the fact that they're totally invading my privacy. I can EASILY see them and I know they have seen me. So so so so so so uncomfortable.

My question is regarding how legal that is. Their notice didn't say anything about entering my apartment, so I'm not sure how "adequate" their notice really was. Typically I wouldn't be too annoyed, but it was obviously a really uncomfortable situation. Am I being sensitive or is that a pretty reasonable complaint?

Okay, I have a pretty lengthy question/vent.

My husband and I recently moved into an apartment. Its in a gated community of condos. Our landlord owns the unit and is renting it to us, blah blah blah, pretty standard stuff. There's also a home owner's association. My general understanding is that the HOA has "jurisdiction" over everything outside of my apartment and garage like the outside of the building, sidewalks, landscaping, etc.

There's some pretty substantial remodeling going on in regards to the outside of the building. Again, it has pros but its pretty inconvenient. They recently posted a notice to let us know they are starting to pressure wash and paint the outside of the building. No big deal.

Here is the notice verbatim: [Painting company] will be starting to paint your community. The approximate start date will be on 6-20 to 6-30. Painting will be between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday. Please clear all balcony floors of all furniture, hanging objects, and be sure that all windows/doors are closed and latched. Balconies will need to be cleared at time of power wash and remain clear to allow for painting. If balconies are not clear, [painting company] will move items as needed at resident's cost of $45.00 per hour. [Painting company] is not responsible for broken or damaged items that we may have to move.

Easy enough, right? Straight forward stuff. I understood this notice as, "We're going to be spraying water and paint at the outside walls and you need to move your outdoor furniture so it doesn't get damaged".

Now, I'm 8.5 months pregnant and a full time college student. I'm home from around 11 am every day. Its southern california, its hot, im hella pregnant and hella crabby. I got home from school yesterday and fell asleep on the couch, with the shades open, wearing what pregnant women wear in their own homes in the middle of the summer (read:bra and undies). I live on the third floor, so I wasn't really concerned with anyone seeing me. I woke up because there were painters standing on my balcony, loudly conversing and just generally disregarding the fact that they're totally invading my privacy. I can EASILY see them and I know they have seen me. So so so so so so uncomfortable.

My question is regarding how legal that is. Their notice didn't say anything about entering my apartment, so I'm not sure how "adequate" their notice really was. Typically I wouldn't be too annoyed, but it was obviously a really uncomfortable situation. Am I being sensitive or is that a pretty reasonable complaint?

Did they enter your apartment to get to your balcony? The notice seemed to indicate to me that they would be on your balcony to clean/paint the exterior. Since they're not actually coming in the apartment, I don't think there's any issue with the notice they gave.

Did they enter your apartment to get to your balcony? The notice seemed to indicate to me that they would be on your balcony to clean/paint the exterior. Since they're not actually coming in the apartment, I don't think there's any issue with the notice they gave.

Nope, they just scaled the side of the building. Maybe it's just my pregnant brain, but I totally wasn't expecting someone on my balcony.

There was a similar occurrence a few days ago where they had someone standing on a ladder right outside my bedroom window while I was taking a nap. Not breaking any rules, but still totally uncomfortable.

Again, I'm crabby as heck 24/7 so I'm just channeling all my whining energy into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, they just scaled the side of the building. Maybe it's just my pregnant brain, but I totally wasn't expecting someone on my balcony.

There was a similar occurrence a few days ago where they had someone standing on a ladder right outside my bedroom window while I was taking a nap. Not breaking any rules, but still totally uncomfortable.

Again, I'm crabby as heck 24/7 so I'm just channeling all my whining energy into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the painters did anything wrong, but I can see how you are upset. You were caught in an uncomfortable position which is enough to make anyone cranky. Chances are though, they've seen a lot of weird stuff. If they did see you, they maybe had a laugh and have moved on by now. I know I tend to ruminate on things that make me feel uncomfortable which blows the whole thing out of proportion.

I think for now, close your blinds and keep your doors shut.

Btw, congrats on the baby!

Ok so I'm getting new cheer shoes and I need some help deciding, and with sizing. I'm leaning heavily towards the Nfinity Vengeances or Varsity V-Forces (also Last Pass) because my bases/back said they preferred basing those, out of all shoes. I currently have Evolutions and I like them, but they're pretty beat up, and the ridges on the side make for uncomfortable baskets and stuff. If I get vengeances I'm a little worried about them wearing down, and also, I'm not sure what size to get. I'm hearing different things about what size to get (I wear a 6.5 in evolutions, for reference). My bases also said they like the V-Forces and I was reading around and I also have no idea what size to get in those either. I also read a bunch of reviews that said they were too tight/left blisters, etc. In general, though, I have wider feet so I'm not sure.

Short version: What shoe would you recommend for a flyer who has wider feet, and wears a 6.5 in Evolutions (for sizing reference)? Thanks in advance and sorry for the novel!

Ok so I'm getting new cheer shoes and I need some help deciding, and with sizing. I'm leaning heavily towards the Nfinity Vengeances or Varsity V-Forces (also Last Pass) because my bases/back said they preferred basing those, out of all shoes. I currently have Evolutions and I like them, but they're pretty beat up, and the ridges on the side make for uncomfortable baskets and stuff. If I get vengeances I'm a little worried about them wearing down, and also, I'm not sure what size to get. I'm hearing different things about what size to get (I wear a 6.5 in evolutions, for reference). My bases also said they like the V-Forces and I was reading around and I also have no idea what size to get in those either. I also read a bunch of reviews that said they were too tight/left blisters, etc. In general, though, I have wider feet so I'm not sure.

Short version: What shoe would you recommend for a flyer who has wider feet, and wears a 6.5 in Evolutions (for sizing reference)? Thanks in advance and sorry for the novel!

I can't help with the type of shoe, but if you are unsure about sizing, order 3 different sizes and then return the 2 that don't work.

Started to watch OITNB today... mostly because of the posts I read about it. I am already deeeeeeeeep into it. So good.
Better late than never to the OITNB party!
And the most recent season was the best so far (if you ask me), so you've got some great television to look forward to.

@AllstarObsession - I'm not sure how you can possibly power wash and paint the third story from the ground, so I guess even though the note did not specifically say they would be on your balcony or on ladders (and therefor giving viewing access in to your home), it makes sense to me that that is how they have to do the job. Sorry you were caught in an uncomfortable situation, but overall it is harmless and know you know to keep your blinds closed until the work is finished!

Ranting about painters again. I can deal with the banging and the yelling and the machinery but I'm just over this. Like I completely get that there's a job to do and some of this is necessary, but I feel like they've forgotten that people live here and I just need to yell about it so I don't explode.

They keep covering my front, patio, and laundry doors with protective paper and leaving it overnight. I understand it's necessary, but they're leaving me without a way in or out of my apartment. My laundry room is also set off the patio so I can't get to my laundry. I keep tearing holes in it so I can get in the dang door and they keep replacing it and then leaving it there.

They completely blocked the stairway up to my apartment so that I literally had to crawl (like hands and knees) under a ladder to even get to my floor.

They keep parking their painting trailer in my parking spot and then parking trucks in front of my garage door. Like helllooo? This is my home! I'm not sure if they're assuming that everyone works 7-5 or what.

8 more days :banghead:

@AllstarObsession - I'm not sure how you can possibly power wash and paint the third story from the ground, so I guess even though the note did not specifically say they would be on your balcony or on ladders (and therefor giving viewing access in to your home), it makes sense to me that that is how they have to do the job. Sorry you were caught in an uncomfortable situation, but overall it is harmless and know you know to keep your blinds closed until the work is finished!

Lol honestly, that didn't even occur to me. I blame pregnancy brain. :rolleyes::stupid:

Ticketmaster crashed 4 times on me yesterday during the Hamilton ticket rush. :(
It crashed on one of my friends as well. She got the last confirmation page and it never loaded. When it finally did it said they couldnt process her request.

I feel ya. Happened to me, too. Had a ticket in the first row of the front mezz and it crashed. Then had one in row c of the orchestra and the damn thing crashed again.
But they just released some premium tickets for the new block, so there's hope. I check every day. (I need a life!)
I might just go mid March anyway, cause I wanna see Dear Evan Hanson and The Great Comet. And On Your Feet if it hasn't closed by then.
It crashed on one of my friends as well. She got the last confirmation page and it never loaded. When it finally did it said they couldnt process her request.

It was a mess. I had ticketmaster open on 3 different devices, trying to get tickets for 3 different days. I had my tickets "secured" and was waiting for the payment pages, but it could never go through. I think the theater also disconnected their phone lines for that day. I tried to call and got nothing.

I'll try again in a few days once some of the energy has worn off. And, I'm sure people will scalp them. I'm willing to pay 500$ per ticket so hopefully I can get a couple. I'd love to go either opening night or the night after.

Back