OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Cats is a big joke for my husband and me. We saw it together after freshman year of college and HATED it - we could not understand why it was such a loved show. It's coming back to Broadway soon and we are perplexed and amused that people are actually excited for it.

The music to Hamilton is very contemporary but still very Broadwayesque, and the actors perform it brilliantly. Daveed Diggs who plays both Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson just blows my mind. I've seen the play on a bootleg video and there are just some scenes that do not even do the music justice, such as the song Satisfied.

Being a cynical New Yorker I resisted the hype for a long time but am happy to have finally succumbed to it. No regrets except that I wish I could have seen it with the original cast. And even though I have tickets for next year I still continue to faithfully enter the lottery every day that I can go in the hope of seeing it sooner.

Do you still have a link to the bootleg? If so I'd love to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how many you guys have enjoyed the network TV productions but Ariana Grande got casted as Penny for the NBC production of Hairspray!!! She comes from a legit theatre background so I'm excited to see her acting again.

Thanks for all the responses! I love going to broadway plays, but I've seen some that I didn't care for at all. Mama Mia & Newsies we're almost painful for me to sit through. Didn't care much for Mary Poppins but it was ok. Loved Book of Mormon, loved Anything Goes, loved Annie, loved Beauty and the Beast.

Haven't seen Wicked, even though everyone raves about it, nothing about it seems appealing to me. Maybe I'm judging a book by the cover type thing with it.

That's why I'm torn on Hamilton. I am trying to chose 2 plays for our group to go see. The few videos I've seen on Hamilton just make me wonder what's the big deal, but at the same time people are liking it for a reason.

Has anyone seen Paramour? It's the new Cirque de Soliel. I LOVE Vegas cirques, but I didn't know if it's going to have the big tricks or more of just a play since the theater can't be that big.

Also thinking about Aladdin if anyone has seen that and can share an opinion.

I have seen Aladdin and loved it! However, I am a huge Disney person so I may be a bit biased. The guy who plays the genie makes the whole show worth it! It's not the best show on Broadway but if you like Disney and the story, you'll enjoy it!

Also think about lion king, it's even better.

I have seen these shows if anyone needs advice on them:
Phantom of the opera
Chicago
Wicked
Les mis (may be off Broadway now)
Fiddler on the Roof (may be off Broadway now)
Aladdin
Lion King
Book of Mormon

Shows off Broadway I've seen:
In the heights (Lin Manuels first show) - this is still my favorite show I've ever seen! It was fantastic!
Legally Blonde
Hairspray
Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Annie
Elf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YAY MUSICAL DISCUSSION.

Cats is the absolute worst.

Kinky Boots is AMAZING. So is Jersey Boys.

Wicked is amazing, but getting old for me. I can see how Mama Mia would not be everyone's thing... It's a classic so it was fun to see but nothing to write home about, especially when there are so many great shows out there. Loved Legally Blonde much more than I thought I would too. Shrek was another eh for me, but I'm an adult so I probably wasn't the main target audience. It was cute, and I appreciate trying to bring shows to kids.

I'm the only person in the history of life that hated Lion King. Too much hype, and just a big fat no from me. You can't change the songs of the Lion King.

YAY MUSICAL DISCUSSION.

Cats is the absolute worst.

Kinky Boots is AMAZING. So is Jersey Boys.

Wicked is amazing, but getting old for me. I can see how Mama Mia would not be everyone's thing... It's a classic so it was fun to see but nothing to write home about, especially when there are so many great shows out there. Loved Legally Blonde much more than I thought I would too. Shrek was another eh for me, but I'm an adult so I probably wasn't the main target audience. It was cute, and I appreciate trying to bring shows to kids.

I'm the only person in the history of life that hated Lion King. Too much hype, and just a big fat no from me. You can't change the songs of the Lion King.
I'm with you on Lion King. You are not alone.

Back