All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

eupjf9.png

Advance Cheer Crew from Arkansas City, KS
Uniform made by Rebel Athletic
She is just precious and gorgeous. Too many stones thou.

Can someone answer a question for me about dress uniforms like the ACC one above?

How do they fit everyone without being two pieces? Like some people naturally have a smaller top and bigger bottom. Or a small stomach, how do you keep it from gapping? Or stretching too tightly over a bigger belly? Or keep it from being too short on a very thin girl who needs a small size, but doesn't want her bloomers hanging out? Is it tailored and sized individually for each girl and then created custom? Like with a bigger bust and smaller waist if needed?

Sorry if that sounds silly One piece uniforms are new to me and I know how hard a struggle to find a properly fitting dress sometimes.

Everything tells me to hate the ACC uniform...we had dress uniforms last season and it was horrible, and I usually dislike mesh. cheerKT, you're right about the sizing issues on these types of uniforms, we had this exact problem. But I absolutely love the look of the ACC uniform - it's got the right amount of sparkle but still looks athletic, and the mesh doesn't look like an afterthought.

As for getting into it, it could be a zip at the back?

Everything tells me to hate the ACC uniform...we had dress uniforms last season and it was horrible, and I usually dislike mesh. cheerKT, you're right about the sizing issues on these types of uniforms, we had this exact problem. But I absolutely love the look of the ACC uniform - it's got the right amount of sparkle but still looks athletic, and the mesh doesn't look like an afterthought.

As for getting into it, it could be a zip at the back?
Glad I didn't come across sounding crazy. There's just so many different sizes of cheerleaders (specifically once you get in to the older years) that I'm just lost on how those could all fit. Unless they were custom sized and created for each athlete.

Glad I didn't come across sounding crazy. There's just so many different sizes of cheerleaders (specifically once you get in to the older years) that I'm just lost on how those could all fit. Unless they were custom sized and created for each athlete.
I'm a weird sort of hourglass (broad skeletal frame but 'skinny' on top, with a big ol' booty), so I would need a more special-fit uniform. Most people are the same. Not one 'size' would fit everyone and look good- you'd probably need some custom alterations.

I'm a weird sort of hourglass (broad skeletal frame but 'skinny' on top, with a big ol' booty), so I would need a more special-fit uniform. Most people are the same. Not one 'size' would fit everyone and look good- you'd probably need some custom alterations.
Which I feel like with mesh would be a nightmare. (unless the uniform company did them)

Which I feel like with mesh would be a nightmare. (unless the uniform company did them)
You could only take in the parts that aren't mesh, which would make everything go all wonky. So your options would be a slightly wonky looking but well-fitting uniform, or an ill-fitting one that has everything 'sort-of' in place. Weird.

I like the ACC uniform but the stomach mesh makes it look like the whole thing is mesh at first... Like I had to do a double take because I thought a gym owner had finally cracked and made a mesh skirt. I wish it was solid black instead of mesh, but otherwise it's cute.

Back