All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think I'll ever like the look of skorts.
I used to think they looked awful until I paid attention to them in routines. No one ever has to adjust their uniform. No front wedgies from shorts, no skirts flipping up in tumbling; it's a small thing that makes a routine look cleaner. I actually noticed it most acutely in the Champions League movie.

Full disclosure: I competed in one and it was the most comfortable uniform I have ever had the privilege of wearing. I am so totally biased and I'm also ok with that [emoji136]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I'll ever like the look of skorts.

You can place a ton of the blame for skorts on me. We were debating shorts/skirts one year and I asked why you couldn't get the benefits of both by just combining them. You would have the athletic (typically more flattering) fit of shorts in the back with the look/coverage of the skirt in front. You also get the side benefit of forcing the "skirt" part to stay down in front without having to adjust it multiple times during the routine. After jumps or body positions, the skirt pops right back down where it is supposed to be automatically.

The uniform companies initially said it wasn't possible to make them like that, but obviously they figured it out. We absolutely love them and likely won't change any time soon.

Last edited:
You place a ton of the blame for skorts on me. We were debating shorts/skirts one year and I asked why you couldn't get the benefits of both by just combining them. You would have the athletic (typically more flattering) fit of shorts in the back with the look/coverage of the skirt in front. You also get the side benefit of forcing the "skirt" part to stay down in front without having to adjust it multiple times during the routine. After jumps or body positions, the skirt pops right back down where it is supposed to be automatically.

The uniform companies initially said it wasn't possible to make them like that, but obviously they figured it out. We absolutely love them and likely won't change any time soon.

Truth comes out! lol :D

Regarding the Cheer Precision uni, I think that uni IS beautiful, if the mesh was solid white I would probably like it a lot better :D

I used to think they looked awful until I paid attention to them in routines. No one ever has to adjust their uniform. No front wedgies from shorts, no skirts flipping up in tumbling; it's a small thing that makes a routine look cleaner. I actually noticed it most acutely in the Champions League movie.

Full disclosure: I competed in one and it was the most comfortable uniform I have ever had the privilege of wearing. I am so totally biased and I'm also ok with that [emoji136]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! I couldn't figure out how to say this. At first it brought me back to elementary school but you never see CA (or other gyms with skorts) messing with their unis. It's less distracting for the audience and has to be way less annoying for the athletes.

Why can't skorts be like the old Fame velvet uni? The side seams of the skirt were sewn to the shorts. Same solution, no mullet. The skirt still didn't flip up in the back because it was sewn to the shorts, and the shorts didn't ride up in the front (or if they did you couldn't see it because it was covered by the skirt.)

It's the exact same thing as the skort, except the back is covered by another skirt "panel" so it looks like a skirt.

Best of both worlds (shorts and skirts) and still aesthetically pleasing.

Why can't skorts be like the old Fame velvet uni? The side seams of the skirt were sewn to the shorts. Same solution, no mullet. The skirt still didn't flip up in the back because it was sewn to the shorts, and the shorts didn't ride up in the front (or if they did you couldn't see it because it was covered by the skirt.)

It's the exact same thing as the skort, except the back is covered by another skirt "panel" so it looks like a skirt.

Best of both worlds (shorts and skirts) and still aesthetically pleasing.
this would be great! Brilliant!

Back