All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mean, a lot of high school and most (if not all) college cheerleaders have to do that. And they have multiple games a week. It's just life organization and having everything ready as soon as possible. (Although I will say I would take all of my uniforms if we had multiple, because I always doubt myself, no matter what)

But there is a massive difference between high school cheer and all start cheer. Mainly the cost involved, but also the fact that on comp days you shouldn't have to stress about which uniform you'll be wearing or doing to the wrong make up combination of your parents taking the wrong bow or shorts/skirt/skorts. It's the small things which are going to be the most annoying

But there is a massive difference between high school cheer and all start cheer. Mainly the cost involved, but also the fact that on comp days you shouldn't have to stress about which uniform you'll be wearing or doing to the wrong make up combination of your parents taking the wrong bow or shorts/skirt/skorts. It's the small things which are going to be the most annoying
I mean it's really not that complicated? I doubt they're deciding the day of comp. Communicate in advance through an email and by saying it at practice, so both parents and athletes know, and it should be fine. High school comp days are just as stressful as allstar and we manage to wear the right uniform. And it really doesn't add stress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There really isn't any less to prepare for a high school competition vs. All star in terms of uniform, hair, etc.

Was that Cheers and More Respect? They had an all grey uniform with one shoulder with no writing on the front. They looked more like dance uniforms to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that's it! It's to bad I can't seem to find any close up picture. I liked it. It was a uniform that shouldn't have worked on any level but it did....I liked it a lot. I also LOVED their World's routine last year which may have influenced me.

There really isn't any less to prepare for a high school competition vs. All star in terms of uniform, hair, etc.

I don't have experience with high school cheer so I really wouldn't know. But we all know there is that one girl who will wear the wrong piece of uniform (*cough* me!) I just feel that three uniforms free or not is a little OTT

Yes that's it! It's to bad I can't seem to find any close up picture. I liked it. It was a uniform that shouldn't have worked on any level but it did....I liked it a lot. I also LOVED their World's routine last year which may have influenced me.
191008L-8028-tmyp0001.jpg

I have a question for the ladies..
Given how far away you are on the floor when performing, why are clear straps not an option? Or is it the bottom band (Idk if there's a name for that part that clips together) that would sit too high for some of these uniforms?

Given how far away you are on the floor when performing, why are clear straps not an option? Or is it the bottom band (Idk if there's a name for that part that clips together) that would sit too high for some of these uniforms?
For some of us, it's not just the sight of bra straps that is a problem under these uniforms. It's proper support, especially for larger-chested women, that clear-strap and strapless bras lack. When I cheer, I wear a racerback bra under a regular sports bra. If I couldn't wear that, breast tissue could be damaged. That is the biggest reason the "bra brigade" exists, and any we get mad about the uniforms that lack the possibility of proper support
ETA: In response to your question, yes clear straps should work. Lol sorry I kind of got distracted

Last edited:
If the goal of a uniform is to create a line that is aesthetically pleasing to a judge, then yes that could be an option. But if the goal is to create a uniform that is comfortable and allows athletes to perform to the best of their abilities and be confident while doing so, clear straps will never work. They're not at all supportive and are ridiculously uncomfortable. Having plastic dig into your skin all day is not fun at all. I'm not a large chested girl by any means but I could never imagine competing in clear straps (or wearing clear straps for more than 30 seconds period)

I have done the clear strapped dancer type bras and i haven't got a big chest but I would gladly take a sports bra over any other type any day!

There are some massive difference between the two types. With most dance "bras" they're just a band of material and the plastic holding it together digs, cuts and tugs on the skin and makes it very uncomfortable. Where's a sport bra can support us a lot more

Also we run the risk of the plastic snapping during the day and this has happened to me.

Back