All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a question for the ladies..
Given how far away you are on the floor when performing, why are clear straps not an option? Or is it the bottom band (Idk if there's a name for that part that clips together) that would sit too high for some of these uniforms?
Three words---plastic jock strap. Can you imagine how it would dig into your skin? Same thing with a plastic bra strap.

Given how far away you are on the floor when performing, why are clear straps not an option? Or is it the bottom band (Idk if there's a name for that part that clips together) that would sit too high for some of these uniforms?
In addition to what the others have said (they are definitely not supportive enough, uncomfortable, etc), yes, the bottom band is also a problem in some of these uniforms. There are a lot of uniforms out right now that straps on the bra aren't the problem. You'd need an entirely backless bra to go with your entirely backless uniform. So, a lot of these uniforms wouldn't even work with a clear strap bra - they'd require NO bra, which would definitely not work.

Everything everyone else said

Additionally I'm from the school of thought where any visible bra strap is tacky. Probably because I remember in the early 2000s when people would try to make clear bra straps happen with tanks and what not. We all know that clear bra straps aren't invisible.

Saw on Twitter...Cali i6 uniforms...
Cali's uniforms just aren't doing anything for me this year
7ff5a7dff72b1aa2884363f46c934fc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, those clear straps don't "breathe". The bras, especially with the clear back band, get so sweaty underneath and always leave angry-looking red marks when removed.

Hot, sweaty, uncomfortable, unsupportive, break easily…what's not to love?

Back