All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Observations about teams competing in capris this weekend (aside from how hot they must have been when the athletes were outside) - the several we saw were just cut way too low to comfortably stay in place while competing. We saw girls repeatedly tugging them back up during the routine, and on one team (cannot recall which) more than half the girls seemed to be wearing matching spanks under the capris with a waist band that matched the capris' waist band to give them a little higher coverage. Even those needed tugging up while on the mat. While the capris looked clean and athletic in pictures, we kept questioning their functionality.

On a personal taste level, seeing all the skirts up around waists after tumbing passes made me a firm believer in shorts. Maybe I'm just used to the way they look now, but overall I preferred them. Just my .02.

Last edited:
tumblr_ngp3b4lAYT1rlh8ako1_1280.jpg

I love the color but when I saw these on the floor they looked washed out because of the blue mat...I still love them, though.

Observations about teams competing in capris this weekend (aside from how hot they must have been when the athletes were outside) - the several we saw were just cut way too low to comfortably stay in place while competing. We saw girls repeatedly tugging them back up during the routine, and on one team (cannot recall which) more than half the girls seemed to be wearing matching spanks under the capris with a waist band that matched the capris' waist band to give them a little higher coverage. Even those needed tugging up while on the mat. While the capris looked clean and athletic in pictures, we kept questioning their functionality.

On a personal taste level, seeing all the skirts up around waists after tumbing passes made me a firm believer in shorts. Maybe I'm just used to the way they look now, but overall I preferred them. Just my .02.

I have a few pair of nike pro capri's and I can only do weights with them. Any type of cardio and they slide right down. I've tried sizing down and up as the salespeople have told me both it was because they were too small and another because they were too big. didn't make a difference. the uniform capri's seem similar to the nike... I couldn't imagine wear them to jump and tumble. The audience would be getting one heck of a show from me.

I have a few pair of nike pro capri's and I can only do weights with them. Any type of cardio and they slide right down. I've tried sizing down and up as the salespeople have told me both it was because they were too small and another because they were too big. didn't make a difference. the uniform capri's seem similar to the nike... I couldn't imagine wear them to jump and tumble. The audience would be getting one heck of a show from me.
Oh mate, I feel ya. I have yet to find a pair of capris that stays where they're supposed to.

Oh mate, I feel ya. I have yet to find a pair of capris that stays where they're supposed to.

Most don't fit me either but I've actually found a pair of Fila capris that fit really well and don't slide down! Or at least they don't slide down like any of the other kinds.

I imagine they fit differently on all body types, but I have a larger booty/thigh area and the GapBody leggings work really well for me. They're just a tad higher waisted than my Nike or Zella leggings and I think that makes a huge difference.

I have a lululemon pair of capris that are a match made in heaven for my booty. My bank account may cry about it, but they were worth it. naturally, they aren't selling that "model" anymore :(

Agreed. But I'm more of a skort person.

LMAO! You'd be like that horse jockey.

Reactions: Ren
CP and I made it worlds very early on Sat. morning and managed to get very good second row seats. Being so close to the stage made it much easier to see the benefits and disadvantages of certain uniform design choices in action. In addition to the constant capri tugging mentioned above, we noticed that many chest cutouts revealed a great deal of cleavage. These cutouts also seemed to reduce the small amount of support the top could give.

Eta: we were actually there Sunday, not Saturday.

Last edited:
Back