All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

B4D_LjhCUAEqL9Z.jpg

YAS GREAT WHITES!!! :cloud9:

Now THIS is a beautiful uniform!!! Aces, take notes!

No.
The front, fine. The back, no.

Aces reads vegas strip to me.

Open shoulders...choker....'ACES' on the butt. This uniform is the last nail -- or bullet -- in the coffin for me.

World, I am THROUGH.

I DARE ONE OF THESE PROGRAMS TO COMPLAIN THAT PEOPLE SEXUALIZE CHEER. I DARE THEM. AT THIS POINT, WE HAVE TO BLAME OURSELVES. STEREOTYPES FAIL IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO LIVE UP TO THEM.

This is absolute madness. I don't even know what to say. It's bad enough when a lesser known program does it, but when big gyms do it, they have to realize that we present THEM as the faces of our sport. When people say, "want to see real cheerleading? Look up XYZ Big Gym!" what happens when a lay person looks up that gym and sees tiny uniforms? Especially on young teams? And then when they watch a video and see excessively sexy choreography? All that does is confirm what they've seen on TV and in movies. And yet I will continue to see pictures and memes on twitter complaining about it, but nothing being done... SMH.

When will we finally see a team of parents put their feet down and stop this? I love Cali (not targeting them), but I am sick of seeing this from so many gyms. It all starts with the parents. If you guys say no and refuse to pay for skimpy uniforms, the coaches won't buy them, the vendors won't sell them, outsiders won't see them, and we Fierceboarder sure won't.

And I won't neglect to lay some blame on the coaches. You guys pick these in the first place. If you want to stand out, try doing so in a way other than showing more skin than what needs to be shown. It's like using twerking and chest popping to distract from the lack of creativity in a dance.

Finito.

*Drops mic*
If my parents said no to my uniforms you know what the gym would do? They would laugh and say suck it up or kick me off. Any gym would do this, at least all of the gyms i have been to would. They own the gym, its their decisions, its their business. Thats kind of like saying Susie should be point flyer so all the parents say she should be point flyer and complain to the coaches/staff...

How is this a sexual problem though? Girls walk around in sports bras and shorts all the time. Also, i'm not sure how adding that 6 inches of fabric to connect their sleeves would make them better or less sexual. Instead of shaming these uniforms and pretty much the girls who wear them for being "too sexual", maybe we should shame the people who over-sexualize every little thing? Showing your shoulders? Shorts aren't touching your knees? She must be a really horrible person...:rolleyes:

If my parents said no to my uniforms you know what the gym would do? They would laugh and say suck it up or kick me off. Any gym would do this, at least all of the gyms i have been to would. They own the gym, its their decisions, its their business. Thats kind of like saying Susie should be point flyer so all the parents say she should be point flyer and complain to the coaches/staff...

How is this a sexual problem though? Girls walk around in sports bras and shorts all the time. Also, i'm not sure how adding that 6 inches of fabric to connect their sleeves would make them better or less sexual. Instead of shaming these uniforms and pretty much the girls who wear them for being "too sexual", maybe we should shame the people who over-sexualize every little thing? Showing your shoulders? Shorts aren't touching your knees? She must be a really horrible person...:rolleyes:
That's why I said a full team of parents. Obviously, one parent wouldn't have the same effect. And here's the thing: I wouldn't mind a sport bra/shorts combo if a) there were no unnecessary additions such as chokers, b) the shorts FULLY covered the butt of the person wearing them. c) the bra fully covers the chest and has no unnecessary straps (a safety hazard), d) the stones aren't excessive (I don't think anyone asks to have their arm scratched up b/c they are trying to catch their flyer).

How Aces uniform would look if it was a little toned down. I didn't do this out of disrespect to who designed it. While there are elements that are beautiful to this uniform, clearly there are some things that we all dislike. It's just corrections that I would make.
2j284nd.jpg
Just covering the shoulder area makes the uni much much better. I don't understand the need to show everything.

I don't think the ACES uniform is THAT bad. I like the top, and I would like it even more if it covered the shoulders. Add a skirt and it would be one of my favorite uniforms.

I'm not feeling Great Whites. Not sure why, though.

Is the teal/blue on Great Whites uni the same as on their previous uni? And the rest of the gym? Could just be the picture but it looks a lot blue-er?
Its confusing to my eyes when the same shade of a colour isn't universally across all the gyms uniforms (cheer extreme :oops: must be a teal thing)

At the end of the day, however much I like or dislike the uniforms I see in this thread, all that matters is how the team looks during their 2:30 on the mat. Top Gun's S & M uni last season? Didn't even notice it once the music started, I was so blown away by their performance. Uniform is athletic and clean looking but every stunt is hit by the cheer sniper and all the tumblers ate mat? I'm not going to watch them and think "at least they had a good uniform without stomach mesh".
I just don't get though putting athletes in uniforms that look like they are going to choke them during the routine or do not allow them to wear the right undergarments.

Just wanted to add - it is very different looking at these uniforms as an insider as opposed to an outsider. We have perspective and a basis of comparison. Most people don't. And when they see some of these uniforms, it does little to add any credibility to the athleticism of all-star cheer.

Back