All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A full back!

This could have been really nice, the half sleeves don't even bother me. That O is distracting, the bracelets are unnecessary and I think they colluded have broken up the blue a little more. If the shorts were longer it wouldn't be too bad, but the capris make it too much blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

speaking as a teen girl, I didn't once think that this uniform was sexual or inappropriate until parents started bringing it up. I think the real problem comes not from the uniforms themselves, but from people seeing something and immediately assuming that it's sexual! if a teen girl in a sports bra makes you uncomfortable, then stop viewing teen girl's bodies purely as sexual objects, and realize that these are young adults who are capable of making decisions for themselves.

yes, people sexualizing young girls is a huge problem, but it's those people that are the problem! not the girls in the uniform, the coaches, the uniform company, or anyone else! if we are truly concerned about the welfare of children in this sport, let's address the actual issue, instead of being outraged over what is essentially a costume for a stage performance.

Let's clarify "those people." There is a reason why companies spend billions of dollars putting scantily clad women in their commercials licking their lips, taking slow bites, touching themselves and the product and not a single solitary soul has to be told why they do this. "Those people" you speak of, are the adults choosing the actions performed and the clothing these women have to wear to get the job.....just like the adults that select the uniforms and give the dance moves to these girls. This is, and never was, about a sports bra. It is about the action of ripping open clothing, which has been, and always will be considered sexual while dancing. The fact there is a sports bra underneath holds no bearing on the intent.

Young adults capable of making decisions for themselves? No. You and I both know they wear the uniform, perform the dance moves or they will find someone else that will. They can refuse, but most will justify as you do and say, "it's just a sports bra." Those that are high profile in any industry know the desire to be identified with them is all you need to get someone to do something they normally would not. Gyms sell their brand by showcasing their athletes talent, but there are some that are now using their girls via uniforms and dance moves to sell it further. NOTHING sells better than "Did you see......?"

Again, if someone in power is out there, I ask you to please draw the line.

ETA: Where's the line, or is there a line, for those that think this is okay when dealing with a youth sport?

Last edited:
speaking as a teen girl, I didn't once think that this uniform was sexual or inappropriate until parents started bringing it up. I think the real problem comes not from the uniforms themselves, but from people seeing something and immediately assuming that it's sexual! if a teen girl in a sports bra makes you uncomfortable, then stop viewing teen girl's bodies purely as sexual objects, and realize that these are young adults who are capable of making decisions for themselves.

yes, people sexualizing young girls is a huge problem, but it's those people that are the problem! not the girls in the uniform, the coaches, the uniform company, or anyone else! if we are truly concerned about the welfare of children in this sport, let's address the actual issue, instead of being outraged over what is essentially a costume for a stage performance.
As another teen girl I agree with everything you just said

I don't know the inner workings of top gun but I would think in 005 case maybe they created the uniform got a sample of it and asked the athletes opinion on what they thought of it before mass producing it and making them wear it...
I mean @BlueCat when creating uniforms do the teams ever get to see it before it is actually made..?

Let's clarify "those people." There is a reason why companies spend billions of dollars putting scantily clad women in their commercials licking their lips, taking slow bites, touching themselves and the product and not a single solitary soul has to be told why they do this. "Those people" you speak of, are the adults choosing the actions performed and the clothing these women have to wear to get the job.....just like the adults that select the uniforms and give the dance moves to these girls. This is, and never was, about a sports bra. It is about the action of ripping open clothing, which has been, and always will be considered sexual while dancing. The fact there is a sports bra underneath holds no bearing on the intent.

Young adults capable of making decisions for themselves? No. You and I both know they wear the uniform, perform the dance moves or they will find someone else that will. They can refuse, but most will justify as you do and say, "it's just a sports bra." Those that are high profile in any industry know the desire to be identified with them is all you need to get someone to do something they normally would not. Gyms sell their brand by showcasing their athletes talent, but there are some that are now using their girls via uniforms and dance moves to sell it further. NOTHING sells better than "Did you see......?"

Again, if someone in power is out there, I ask you to please draw the line.

ETA: Where's the line, or is there a line, for those that think this is okay when dealing with a youth sport?
Exactly. I hadn't even really thought about this angle to it but you are right. These kids either going to go along with whatever the supposedly responsible adults are asking them to do, or there are 5 more lined up to take their place. And yes, those adults are looking to profit from exploiting these kids. Things like this get them exposure, thus more business. Makes it even worse in my eyes.

I don't know the inner workings of top gun but I would think in 005 case maybe they created the uniform got a sample of it and asked the athletes opinion on what they thought of it before mass producing it and making them wear it...
I mean @BlueCat when creating uniforms do the teams ever get to see it before it is actually made..?
They are kids, they aren't the ones that should be making the decision. My question is: did anyone ask their parents?? The ones who are responsible for them, and paying for this foolishness???

They are kids, they aren't the ones that should be making the decision. My question is: did anyone ask their parents?? The ones who are responsible for them, and paying for this foolishness???
Don't open 5 teams often pay for their own stuff (i.e. without parental help) or fundraise? Though I can see there being potential for a 13/14-year-old's mom to have to pay for this for their daughter.

Don't open 5 teams often pay for their own stuff (i.e. without parental help) or fundraise? Though I can see there being potential for a 13/14-year-old's mom to have to pay for this for their daughter.
Not in my experience. There are likely a few who pay for their own stuff, but most open team members on these high profile teams that do well tend to be college students dependent on the Bank of Mom and Dad, and there are quite a few 14-18 year olds still in high school on open teams. People with real jobs and real responsibilities don't tend to have the time and money to funnel into it. Particularly at the level of time and expense associated with teams like this. There are some open programs geared toward a low cost experience, but this isn't one of them.

Yay!!! another thumbs down to add to my collection!!! I see them as a reward for challenging people to think for themselves. You don't have to like what I am saying but at least I am challenging the status quo.

I can see both sides. I'm not too keen on the girls ripping their tops open but I also don't think it's a big deal. Will be interesting to see how they do it, hopefully it'll make it more ok.

The knee high socks to me are much worse! I would almost consider forbidding my kid wearing that.

Why can't we have athletic looking practical uniforms? Doesn't have to be boring just because it's not crazy.

Back