Youth 2
4d84271b-bdbd-46e8-95c2-4d53ec309157_58f0ef9cddf2b30f25e349b3.jpg

4c5078f2-3364-4652-b81e-280bcd1303a6_58f0f07f9606ee012e4b53cf.jpg

Senior 2
13b366f8-1c21-4617-97a8-c64ed2915c2a_58f0f0e42a6b221d796f9535.jpg

3b8a90e1-132b-4bae-87c3-1b8ac6d86b87_58f0f0969606ee018dcbf982.jpg

Senior coed 6
745a2ee2-2df4-4ff2-8226-12c0de287670_58f0f0a82a6b221d1e1c8f27.jpg

Mini 1 & youth 1 (one team purple, another one charcoal, third team black). We got sooo much heat from the parents for the level 1 uniforms. They thought it was too much fabric, ugly, boring, "they look like golfers/tennis players" etc etc. Are they really that bad? Keep in mind our level 1 teams only compete at local competitions.
0d038437-5303-4ba0-8759-472e0e95867f_58f0f0679606ee018a945695.jpg

Junior 1
7624cdc7-c628-417e-97bf-88a6c1a4a46a_58f0f0bde087c3571f560d26.jpg
Love these! Your colors are cute.

I was on a lower level team that almost had different uniforms that the rest of the seniors and it made us feel a bit like we weren't that important, so I see the parents thought process. I think the youth 2 uniform without bling would have been nice for the level 1s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally in love with this. And I love how they incorporated the Rebel logo into the back.
That's the part that grosses me out the most. This is free promotion in the name of a tragedy meant to look like philanthropy.

Is rebel doing anything for the gay community in florida? For the mental health community? Or even is Top Gun? Feels like something feel good for social media and nothing towards actually helping anyone.

I was on a lower level team that almost had different uniforms that the rest of the seniors and it made us feel a bit like we weren't that important, so I see the parents thought process. I think the youth 2 uniform without bling would have been nice for the level 1s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhinestones from Varsity are actually not that expensive, so it would barely have made a difference for the total cost of the uniform.

In Sweden, level 1 teams can't compete at Nationals (however they can qualify and compete at The Summit, but that's another story lol). It's more like the rec divisions in the US.

That's the part that grosses me out the most. This is free promotion in the name of a tragedy meant to look like philanthropy.

Is rebel doing anything for the gay community in florida? For the mental health community? Or even is Top Gun? Feels like something feel good for social media and nothing towards actually helping anyone.

written like a true varsity schill! sound a little sore about getting your rear kicked by them over and over!

Did the soccer stadium in Orlando who made a section of seats rainbow colored donate anything to the tragedy? Money isn't the only way to show support or help a community.

I live in the Boston area and I was at work in the city on the day of the Boston Bombing. Our team had "Boston strong" and something about "this is our city" (David Ortiz reference) in our music the next year. New England teams all got Boston Strong shirts in Daytona that year. No, we didn't raise money for the One Fund as a team, but we as a community were definitely shaken by the events and wanted to show support for our city. And I know that I, personally, had donated to the victims and so had many of my teammates.

Maybe Rebel shouldn't have put their logo on the Rs, but maybe they're just showing their support as well. Maybe they cut the team a deal on the uniforms. Maybe they didn't, but putting "Orlando Strong" on a uniform doesn't scream philanthropy to me.

Why is it so wrong that a gym in a community that dealt with a tragedy would want to honor the victims or their community? I'm proud of the way our area came together after that tragedy and I'm sure TG is as well.

Last edited:
Did the soccer stadium in Orlando who made a section of seats rainbow colored donate anything to the tragedy? Money isn't the only way to show support or help a community.

I live in the Boston area and I was at work in the city on the day of the Boston Bombing. Our team had "Boston strong" and something about "this is our city" (David Ortiz reference) in our music the next year. New England teams all got Boston Strong shirts in Daytona that year. No, we didn't raise money for the One Fund as a team, but we as a community were definitely shaken by the events (I don't think I owe it to anyone to describe my feelings being in the city that day) and wanted to show support for our city. And I know that I, personally, had donated to the victims and so had many of my teammates.

Maybe Rebel shouldn't have put their logo on the Rs, but maybe they're just showing their support as well. Maybe they cut the team a deal on the uniforms. Maybe they didn't, but putting "Orlando Strong" on a uniform doesn't scream philanthropy to me.

Why is it so wrong that a gym in a community that dealt with a tragedy would want to honor the victims or their community? I'm proud of the way our area came together after that tragedy and I'm sure TG is as well.
That's fair. I just haven't seen much messaging from TG about this, only from rebel so it just felt kinda off.

That's fair. I just haven't seen much messaging from TG about this, only from rebel so it just felt kinda off.

Rebel shares a lot of their custom uniforms. This one is particularly unique and obviously has a story with which a lot of people are familiar, so I'm not going to fault them for promoting it.

Top Gun may not have been very vocal since the incident but Top Gun Miami and Orlando plus angels twitter fonts were changed to the rainbow colors. Orlando and Angels I know for sure still have it, along with the Orlando strong slogan.

I live in the Boston area and I was at work in the city on the day of the Boston Bombing. Our team had "Boston strong" and something about "this is our city" (David Ortiz reference) in our music the next year. New England teams all got Boston Strong shirts in Daytona that year. No, we didn't raise money for the One Fund as a team, but we as a community were definitely shaken by the events (I don't think I owe it to anyone to describe my feelings being in the city that day) and wanted to show support for our city. And I know that I, personally, had donated to the victims and so had many of my teammates.

Technically yes. Orlando city soccer donated money to the Orlando United fund.
Could have rebel put their symbol somewhere else on the uniform? Sure. But I don't see it as distasteful. I don't see why rebel would try and profit off a tragedy that happened 10 months ago.
I'm really not looking that much into the placement of the R's though to be honest.

As far as why they not only have a tribute routine and now a tribute uniform, maybe the Orlando gym was directly affected by it in some way whether they lost an athlete or staff member or families of the gym lost someone possibly?? I really don't know..

written like a true varsity schill! sound a little sore about getting your rear kicked by them over and over!
First, ouch. Second, do you have some recent sales data that indicates Varsity is on the ropes due to Rebel? Last data I saw was 2015 and Rebel had around 20 million in revenue, respectable for a growing company no doubt but Varsity is still a 1.5 billion dollar company...

Themed uniforms aren't really that new of a thing. Savannah cheer? Had done it for years. WCSS came out with a new uniform when they did the lady gaga thing.
Personally I love them even if there wasnt an orlando theme. They're different but in a good way.

Back