All-Star New Venue For Worlds 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree. The Small Sr. Division had 70 something teams and I sat threw the Prelims of the teams who didn't receive Paid Bids on Sat morning and all I have to say is more than half those teams were not world caliber teams. Some of them were BARELY level 5 it was ridiculous why did they get a bid? 70 teams is way top many. Only 30 should get a bid to worlds. At BID competitions they need to make a specific score you HAVE to get in order to receive a bid. If you don't get that score you don't get a bid. That simple! Because teams would get a bid just because all the teams ahead of them already have one, they could be the worse level 5 team and still get a bid because they happen to attend a competition that all teams already got a bid. Just ridiculous.

I agree. The Small Sr. Division had 70 something teams and I sat threw the Prelims of the teams who didn't receive Paid Bids on Sat morning and all I have to say is more than half those teams were not world caliber teams. Some of them were BARELY level 5 it was ridiculous why did they get a bid? 70 teams is way top many. Only 30 should get a bid to worlds. At BID competitions they need to make a specific score you HAVE to get in order to receive a bid. If you don't get that score you don't get a bid. That simple! Because teams would get a bid just because all the teams ahead of them already have one, they could be the worse level 5 team and still get a bid because they happen to attend a competition that all teams already got a bid. Just ridiculous.
I want them to limit bids, but the prob with your theory is that darn near every bid event has a different score sheet. USASF needs to limit the number of bids that they allow to be given.

I want them to limit bids, but the prob with your theory is that darn near every bid event has a different score sheet. USASF needs to limit the number of bids that they allow to be given.

Then those companies need to come up with a score based on their score sheets that teams need to meet in order to receive a bid.

The problem is USASF gives these companies a specific number of bids saying you need to give out this many bids no matter how good or bad they are. It's all about money for them. That needs to stop.

Then those companies need to come up with a score based on their score sheets that teams need to meet in order to receive a bid.
That would create major problems. I see what your saying, but when one company is on a 11 pt scale and another is a 300pt scale = problem. These company's want someone to represent them at Worlds, some company's have standards some don't.

That would create major problems. I see what your saying, but when one company is on a 11 pt scale and another is a 300pt scale = problem. These company's want someone to represent them at Worlds, some company's have standards some don't.

I get you. I don't know then.... But something needs to be done. If they want Worlds to be huge like it gets bigger every year then they need to move venues or figure something else out. Or another idea is. If teams want to receive a bid to worlds they have to attend 1 competition

1. Dallas
2. Atlanta
3. California

And those are the ONLY competitions you can go too and get a bid. You have to qualify for worlds not just compete and hope you get a bid.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again - Universal score sheets. And a combo if limiting the number of bids and a minimum score for bids might not be a bad idea.

I don't think limiting the bids is the only answer..yeah, you won't have those teams there. But I can guarantee you would easily make that up in spectators who would show up REGARDLESS of if they have a team/friend competing or not..How many board people went down just to watch, NOT because they were competing? You don't just hit that many spectators due to number of teams..FANS are also more driven now to watch the competition. We essentially crash the boards every year on this competition..heck, we crash them on NCA! It's no longer teams taking up that space..it's fans too.

Limit the Bids!

And if you wanna see your team in a SEAT or CLOSE get to the Milkhouse at 7am like I did! I had an amazing seat and was able to watch Large Senior Girl on Saturday night at 9pm.

DON'T walk into the Milkhouse 5 minutes before your favorite team's division starts and expect that there will be a seat for you. Someone may have just gotten up to stretch after sitting there for HOURS upon HOURS waiting for that same division. Because that seat is being held doesn't mean we've been holding the seat ALL DAY! Please people, the complainers are obviously the people who think the World revolves around them!

AND DON'T move Worlds to Dallas stadium. A huge 70,000+ seat arena will take the fun and excitement out of watching the competition. I know I won't want to sit in an arena for 15 hours watching my team on a jumbotron!

the fact that small senior and small limited needed prelims AND semis says something... at large bids should be done away with. so what if that means a lot of teams wont get to worlds? that just means they need to work harder and be good enough to get a full or partial bid. truth hurts. sorry.

if theyre going to give out bids to any and every team, worlds might as well be fore levels 1-5.

P.S. - I believe this because with less teams there, less parents, friends and family have to go, which means less people. Also, those people who go because their friend is on "No-Name All Stars Who Got An At Large Bid At A Podunk Competition" wouldnt be there, and that really would reduce the amount of people. Yes, the cheer stalkers and Fierceboarders would all go. But we make up probably 5% of ALL people in cheerleading.

I don't think limiting the bids is the only answer..yeah, you won't have those teams there. But I can guarantee you would easily make that up in spectators who would show up REGARDLESS of if they have a team/friend competing or not..How many board people went down just to watch, NOT because they were competing? You don't just hit that many spectators due to number of teams..FANS are also more driven now to watch the competition. We essentially crash the boards every year on this competition..heck, we crash them on NCA! It's no longer teams taking up that space..it's fans too.
I agree that there are fans that will come regardless BUT if you limit the bids then you limit the number of people that will be attending. Lets say for example 10 less bids are given(just a random number for sake of argument) thats 200 less athletes (IF they are all sm teams), 20 less coaches and average of 2 family member or fans per athlete thats another 400, that's a guestimate of 640 less people. Now if those don't make finals, where will they MOST LIKELY be on Sunday? In the Milkhouse. Limiting the bids would def be the BEST step in the right direction. Yes fans will come and the place will be packed regardless, but packed and MANAGEABLE. I've been to an event where the fire Marshall stepped in and SHUT IT DOWN, not "waited for everyone to clear the isle" but SHUT IT DOWN. Also I want to make sure that everyone knows that responsibility lies completely on USASF, just to be clear.

I am a fan of limiting what placements at a comp even receive bids. Places 1-3, fine, but no passing down bids beyond that. Period.

I get you. I don't know then.... But something needs to be done. If they want Worlds to be huge like it gets bigger every year then they need to move venues or figure something else out. Or another idea is. If teams want to receive a bid to worlds they have to attend 1 competition

1. Dallas
2. Atlanta
3. California

And those are the ONLY competitions you can go too and get a bid. You have to qualify for worlds not just compete and hope you get a bid.

Then those competitions would be like worlds because EVERYONE would be going to get a bid. In addition to all the people who are there for levels 1-4. And add Jamfest Indy to that list.

It is TOO easy for people to get bids, its ridiculous. If worlds is the best of the best.. only the best of the best should make it. (sorry if people think this is unfair) I think it would make people work harder and teams would get better. At large is stupid they give away soooo many. Make it partial or paid bids only or limit the at larges.. a max of 20 teams per division and only BIG competitions give them away. These local small competitions with like 3 level 5 teams there that give away 3 at larges takes away the true meaning of worlds. Being able to say you made it to worlds should be a challenge in itself not something that you can register for a competition and already know your getting one cause they give out 3 and there are 3 eligible teams. 80+ teams in a division is crazy, thats what you should see at a national competition.. not worlds that is supposed to be really "special" to be at.

i enjoy worlds being in orlando cause i live in florida and its not to far. but they need to know how many seats they have and know how many tickets to sell because they oversell and yesterday they literally shut the doors and said your not aloud in its to crouded we are overpacked. they were over the limit of people. they need to do something.

Back