All-Star Nfinity Defiance Or Vengeance?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

rdavis4

Cheer Parent
Oct 12, 2015
My CP has the option of either shoe this year; last year she had Vengeance and has had zero complaints. I was reading how the Defiance supposedly helps with rebounds and has more cushion....wondering if it really does make a difference? My plan is to have her try both when the rep. comes to size, but wanted to get some opinions from others. If it makes a difference: she's a mini 1 base. Currently struggling to get the rebound "just right" from her round off. Only thing holding her back from moving to level 2 tumbling. Her coach has also stated she has weak ankles (gave us some little exercises to do at home to help build them up). Not sure if more cushion would be better for her ankles or not. Thanks!

My CP has the option of either shoe this year; last year she had Vengeance and has had zero complaints. I was reading how the Defiance supposedly helps with rebounds and has more cushion....wondering if it really does make a difference? My plan is to have her try both when the rep. comes to size, but wanted to get some opinions from others. If it makes a difference: she's a mini 1 base. Currently struggling to get the rebound "just right" from her round off. Only thing holding her back from moving to level 2 tumbling. Her coach has also stated she has weak ankles (gave us some little exercises to do at home to help build them up). Not sure if more cushion would be better for her ankles or not. Thanks!

Buy whichever one feels better on her foot. If they feel the same to her, buy the cheaper one. A shoe is not going to make a nickel's worth of difference in her round off rebound.

I will say my daughter's Defiance seem to have way more insole and support in them than the Vengeance and they lasted SO much longer. Not sure if the actually helped her rebound but she found them comfortable and I was happy they lasted her an entire season and then some before she outgrew them, which for cheer shoes can be unheard of. They still had life left in them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My cp's defiance have also lasted longer than any other cheer shoe she has ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cp has worn Vengeances for several years now, and the shoes are always shot by February. Not only are there holes in the soles (so odd to me since she only wears them indoors) but the mesh-y fabric-type stuff on the uppers is shredded. By that I mean, you know, literally shredded. Like pieces flopping around. But of course, she considers them her "lucky" shoes and doesn't want to get new. *eye roll*

Well, my daughter worn both Vengeance and Defiance and she loved both for different reasons. She preferred Defiance because it had the extra padding and the extra rebounds she got in her tumbling from the Defiance.
However, she(backspot) preferred her flyers to wear the Vengeance because she was able to grip the flyers' feet better....

Thank you all for your input! I hate that the Vengeance tear so easily, we had the same issues (and with only 1 practice night a week and one tumbling night). I think the extra cushion will be good for her, but I'm sure the Defiance will feel really different for her. Only about a $10 price difference, but if the Defiance will last a whole season that would be great haha!

Thank you all for your input! I hate that the Vengeance tear so easily, we had the same issues (and with only 1 practice night a week and one tumbling night). I think the extra cushion will be good for her, but I'm sure the Defiance will feel really different for her. Only about a $10 price difference, but if the Defiance will last a whole season that would be great haha!

As a base I prefer flyers who wear the Defiance or even the side line Game Day shoe. Although I would like the base somebody wearing the newer Titans. I find the Vengeance to and Evolution shoe kind of flimsy to base with. I personally have only worn Evolutions and oddly enough they've lasted two years. I would like to maybe upgrade to Defiances this year. If I have the funds for it

Reasons to buy a pair of shoes:

1. The fit
2. Some preexisting condition of the foot or ankle that requires a special type of shoe or support
3. Small or large shoe size that limits your selection

NOT a reason to buy a pair of shoes:

1. Any feature of the shoe that is marketed as to allegedly improve your athletic performance.

It's all just garbage. These shoe companies convince these kids that they have to have a certain shoe in order to tumble. Louisville Slugger does it with baseball bats. I've got some friends who drop $300-$400 every summer on the "top of the line" bat for their kid. The kid is a superstar. They could break a limb off a tree in their front yard, whittle a handle into one end of it, and he would still rake on the baseball field. The bat did not miraculously make him a good hitter.

Conversely (pun intended), Chuck Taylor was a much better shoe salesman than he ever was a basketball player.

Back