All-Star Nfinity Titans

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The reebok high tops were a big hit for NCA College Teams in the Late 90s/Early 2000s

I remember those days. The wife owns a pair still. The best shoes to coed stunt in (they made feet feel so small because of the flat narrow bottoms). As far as tumbling or basing I don't think they ankle support really did anything. You had to break the shoes in to get proper toe point (meaning the so called ankle support wasn't there anyway). So I don't really get the point of the shoes. To support an ankle you have to limit movement. And not sure but isnt an ankle brace one of the things Debbie Love frowns upon? She preaches stronger joints / muscles and better technique and form. This seems to not correct form (like her bra) but allowing you to not have worse form and mend the problem.

#skeptical

I hate backing flyers with ankle braces. I know they need them, but the make the ankle so thick that I find it harder to grip versus a regular ankle. I think cos I can get my hand as wrapped around as I can with a naked ankle. So, if I could get a good grip past the shoe, cool, but I worry that it would get in my way as a third.

I hate backing flyers with ankle braces. I know they need them, but the make the ankle so thick that I find it harder to grip versus a regular ankle. I think cos I can get my hand as wrapped around as I can with a naked ankle. So, if I could get a good grip past the shoe, cool, but I worry that it would get in my way as a third.
High tops are way shorter than ankle braces. Ankle braces bug me too and high tops never have. You can still get a good grip, and that's with reeboks which come up higher and are even all the way around and these seem to be lower in the back so it would be even less of an issue.

So talking with another coach I remembered (I think, so I apologize if I mess this up) a couple of Debbie Love's 'joint' lessons. Your body alternates between stability joints and mobility joints.

Going up your body:
ankles - mobility
knees -stability
hips - mobility
thorassic- stability
shoulders mobility
elbows stability
wrists mobility

So you can see they alternate purpose. The reason Debbie didn't like ankle braces is it made a mobility joint a stability joint. It gave it less motion and flexibility. So where does that force mobility to happen? Your knees. This seems like it would be the same issue.

So talking with another coach I remembered (I think, so I apologize if I mess this up) a couple of Debbie Love's 'joint' lessons. Your body alternates between stability joints and mobility joints.

Going up your body:
ankles - mobility
knees -stability
hips - mobility
thorassic- stability
shoulders mobility
elbows stability
wrists mobility

So you can see they alternate purpose. The reason Debbie didn't like ankle braces is it made a mobility joint a stability joint. It gave it less motion and flexibility. So where does that force mobility to happen? Your knees. This seems like it would be the same issue.
This! I don't think a lot of people realize that wearing a brace (really on any joint) is usually doing more harm than good. There's no reason to be wearing a brace season after season, unless it's actually injured and you shouldn't be competing on it anyway. It drives the PT in me absolutely crazy!

As soon as I saw them all I could think of was Back to the Future. Am I the only one?

9790f7dfb2f5a3738eb940d340a017be_zpshnikdmr0.jpg

I've never worn a high top, so I don't have an opinion on them. But if they truly do provide more ankle support then I'm all about it. They do seem a little pricey to me at over $100 a pair, though.

Also I've seen several posts from Nfinity marketing them as "cheerleading's first high top shoe". ummm....

Anybody else notice the instagram username? Isn't that the shoe creeper that was on here?
Yes and the screenshot is most likely by the person who posted the photo (see how the little person in the corner is dark?) which means shoe creeper is back on here as i_love_cheerleading. Can't remember if the user was banned or just decided to leave though... @King ?

Last edited:
Back