All-Star Pcm Or California All Stars?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 19, 2013
I'm hoping some you can help me. My parents agreed to let me do all stars next year but I can't decide which gym. I live the same distance away from a PCM location and a CA location and can't choose which one. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to choose?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Both are great gyms with talented teams and coaches I'm sure. It really is about what works for you. Have you taken classes at either? If not, try to do so, or sit in on a practice at both. That way you can decide which one will fit you better. Some gyms are great for one type of person and not so great for other types, so you just need to figure out which one is right for you. Don't make a decision based on what your friends say or which gym is more famous, try both (before tryouts) so you can get a feel, because otherwise there's really no way to decide other than reputation. (Not that reputation isn't important, but both have good reputations so you can't really decide by that.)
Also take other things like cost and carpooling in to consideration, but ultimately you should go wherever feels right for you.

I'm hoping some you can help me. My parents agreed to let me do all stars next year but I can't decide which gym. I live the same distance away from a PCM location and a CA location and can't choose which one. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to choose?

Another factor involves the level of your skills and your age. If your a youth with level 1 skills and the gym doesn't have a team that can accommodate you appropriately it could hinder you. Also, it matters whether you are looking for a position on a competition team or a recreation team.

It really depends on which location you are close to from both gyms and what level you are. They're both very different to be honest

Feel free to shoot any of us over at PCM an email and we can set up a time for you to come in and check us out. choosing a gym is a very personal thing, so get in try em out and see which one fits you best. Pacific Coast Magic #PCM4Life.

You really should go check both out and see which one feels right to you. What is the "best" gym for one person may not be the "best" for another.
Both are great gyms with talented teams and coaches I'm sure. It really is about what works for you. Have you taken classes at either? If not, try to do so, or sit in on a practice at both. That way you can decide which one will fit you better. Some gyms are great for one type of person and not so great for other types, so you just need to figure out which one is right for you. Don't make a decision based on what your friends say or which gym is more famous, try both (before tryouts) so you can get a feel, because otherwise there's really no way to decide other than reputation. (Not that reputation isn't important, but both have good reputations so you can't really decide by that.)
Also take other things like cost and carpooling in to consideration, but ultimately you should go wherever feels right for you.
Feel free to shoot any of us over at PCM an email and we can set up a time for you to come in and check us out. choosing a gym is a very personal thing, so get in try em out and see which one fits you best. Pacific Coast Magic #PCM4Life.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely be emailing both gyms to go and check them out :)

Another factor involves the level of your skills and your age. If your a youth with level 1 skills and the gym doesn't have a team that can accommodate you appropriately it could hinder you. Also, it matters whether you are looking for a position on a competition team or a recreation team.

It really depends on which location you are close to from both gyms and what level you are. They're both very different to be honest
Thanks for the suggestions! I'd be in the senior division- I have level 1 tumbling but level 2/3 stunting, so I'm guessing i'd probably still be on a senior 1 team.

CA. I've personally been at PCM and I think CA would be the better option:) everyone thinks differently though so definitely check out both!

Honestly, there are plenty of great programs in California other than just PCM or Cali. There's Cheerforce, OC, Intensity, Fierce... All semi-close in the SoCal area. All can set you up with a solid and decent foundation (obviously some more than others). I would investigate ALL programs, especially because of your level - cheer is more fun for some programs, a lot more serious at others... But definitely don't count anyone out.

Honestly, there are plenty of great programs in California other than just PCM or Cali. There's Cheerforce, OC, Intensity, Fierce... All semi-close in the SoCal area. All can set you up with a solid and decent foundation (obviously some more than others). I would investigate ALL programs, especially because of your level - cheer is more fun for some programs, a lot more serious at others... But definitely don't count anyone out.
I've looked into other programs too but PCM and CA are the only ones my parents will let me drive myself to. The others are a bit too far. Thanks though!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'd be in the senior division- I have level 1 tumbling but level 2/3 stunting, so I'm guessing i'd probably still be on a senior 1 team.

PCM and CALI have different try-out days. If you are still unsure I suggest trying out for both programs and then deciding which one based on the team you made.. But keep in mind if you can only tumble Level 1 CALI will not put you on a Level 2 and its because of their high athlete ratio they can get away with that and because they stick with your actual skill level . If you're close to the PCM Murrieta gym and the CALI San Marcos gym its a hard choice. Murrieta is PCM's strongest location (as far as teams success) and San Marcos is CALI's largest location and all the SM teams are amazing.....

Back