All-Star Placements At Worlds 2011 When There Is A Tie

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TXcheermom

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Ok.. So In the International coed 6 division when they were calling out the placements for top 3 they skipped a placement because there was a tie for 1st. which made Tx Lonestar get 4th and not 3rd. BUT in the small limited divsion they had a 3 way tie for 7th place but still gave out 1-10 placements NO SKIPPING just cause there was a tie.

on the final results page THEY DID HAVE Tx lonestar listed as 3rd BUT NOW ITS GONE HMMM ... But ummm we didnt get our moment.. our globe or medals...

can anyone enlighten me on this??? thanks :)

That is interesting. Cause how i would do it is if there was a tie between 2 teams for 1st. The next team gets third. In small limited, it should have been 3way for 7 and the team after got 10th.

small limited (notice there is a 3 way tie for 7th) but there is still a 1-10 placement

10 - ICE Lightning
9 - Prodigy All Stars - Midnight
8 - Pacific Coast Magic - Mysterious
7 - Elite Cheer and Dance - Diamonds
7 - Tribe Cheer - Chiefs
7 - All Star One - Big Bang
6 - Maryland Twisters - Reign
5 - South Jersey Storm - Avalanche
4 - Premier Athletics Kentucky All-Stars Lexington-Cats
3 - Rockstar Cheer - The Beatles
2 - The California All Stars
1 - Brandon All Stars Senior Black

NOW HOW COME.... international level 6 was called out (because of a tie they skipped a placment)

1st TIE Bangkok, Gym Tyme
2nd Top Gun
3rd----
4th Texas Lonestar

Doesnt seem right to me......

@ACEDAD can you maybe shed some light on this so I can understand :)

My friend's team and another team tied for the last spot to make Day 2. They just told them both to go away and neither of the teams advanced.

Ok.. So In the International coed 6 division when they were calling out the placements for top 3 they skipped a placement because there was a tie for 1st. which made Tx Lonestar get 4th and not 3rd. BUT in the small limited divsion they had a 3 way tie for 7th place but still gave out 1-10 placements NO SKIPPING just cause there was a tie.

on the final results page THEY DID HAVE Tx lonestar listed as 3rd BUT NOW ITS GONE HMMM ... But ummm we didnt get our moment.. our globe or medals...

can anyone enlighten me on this??? thanks :)
They are still listed as 3rd http://www.iasfworlds.org/worlds/results/cheer/?day=2, you have to click on "complete division rankings". Again I think if they gave Top Gun silver, Texas should get a bronze. If they were going to skip a place it should have been the silver (since there was a tie for first). At least be consistent!

They are still listed as 3rd http://www.iasfworlds.org/worlds/results/cheer/?day=2, you have to click on "complete division rankings". Again I think if they gave Top Gun silver, Texas should get a bronze. If they were going to skip a place it should have been the silver (since there was a tie for first). At least be consistent!

yes be consistant and in the small limited they should of skipped placements then too. im just so dissapointed that our team didnt get thier moment :(

If Top gun got the Silver Globe, Texas should definitely have gotten the Bronze Globe. Why would they skip 3rd instead of 2nd?? Doesn't make any sense at all!! Typical!

small limited (notice there is a 3 way tie for 7th) but there is still a 1-10 placement

10 - ICE Lightning
7 - Tribe Cheer - Chiefs

NOW HOW COME.... international level 6 was called out (because of a tie they skipped a placment)

2nd Top Gun
3rd----
4th Texas Lonestar

Been wondering the same thing. Waiting for the light bulb to come on...

I am just baffled by this...:rolleyes: @coast2coastfan is exactly right. I honestly said the exact same thing to a few fierceboarders, I didn't understand what exactly happened with the placements. I don't think isasf prepared themselves for that many ties..and it's even worse when it comes down to globes/top 3 placements. I have a picture of both Bangkok and GT both holding globes so did Bangkok/GT take home the Bronze globe and the other has the Gold? I was confused by this..and now it's even more confusing because an entire placement was skipped.

10 - ICE Lightning
7 - Tribe Cheer - Chiefs

2nd Top Gun
3rd----
4th Texas Lonestar

So PCM is really 10th right? Fact is 9 teams are in front of them.

I am confused as to how USASF handled the scores when there was a tie? Do they recalculate, drop a low/high score etc? or do they just let it be, and allow two teams the pride of being a world champion, as they both entirely deserved it!

Back