All-Star Prayers Please!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2010
I know that he isn't a cheerleader, but I would be very grateful if y'all would pray for my papa as he was diagnosed with lung cancer yesterday after two solid weeks of doctor appointments. My papa is one of the most supportive and encouraging people in my life and it would mean a lot to me and my family if y'all would do us this favor. He lost his wife to cervical cancer ten years ago, and my step grandma passed away from cervical cancer just last year. This is my senior year of high school and I am his oldest grandchild, he only has two, I would be devestated if he was not there to see me graduate. The lung cancer is very serious, stage four, so we are trying to get as many prayers as we can. And if you aren't religious, please send us some positive vibes and keep him in your thoughts. Although he is older, he has decided to undergo chemotherapy. This is his third fight with cancer, but a different kind. He had skin cancer in his twenties on his lip, and then later, on his ear (if I remember correctly). He is such a fighter and I would be so thankful if y'all would just keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

And sorry if I was rambling and not really making a lot of sense, it's been a rough day.

Prayers are with you and your family. There is a wonderful website called Cancer Grace. www.cancergrace.org. They are dedicated to lung cancer and can answer so many questions that your family may have. There is a forum on there to ask questions, podcasts about lung cancer, and articles written by leading doctors who specialize in lung cancer. My dad is stage IV and has been on a targeted therapy for his cancer and has survived for 2 1/2 years and he is 82. You can email me if you have any questions, as unfortunately, I have learned WAY more about lung cancer than I have ever wanted to.

Prayers are with you and your family. There is a wonderful website called Cancer Grace. www.cancergrace.org. They are dedicated to lung cancer and can answer so many questions that your family may have. There is a forum on there to ask questions, podcasts about lung cancer, and articles written by leading doctors who specialize in lung cancer. My dad is stage IV and has been on a targeted therapy for his cancer and has survived for 2 1/2 years and he is 82. You can email me if you have any questions, as unfortunately, I have learned WAY more about lung cancer than I have ever wanted to.

Thank you so much! This gives me a lot of hope because my papa is also 82. I will have to check out that website and share that with the rest of my family!

You're welcome. I don't know your Papa's situation, but I remember clearly when my dad was diagnosed and the drs. wanted him to just enter hospice. We took him to a university hospital, and that made all of the difference. I have a lot of information I could share with you that may be helpful to your family. I don't know how to send a PM on here, so if you would like, you can message me and I will tell you what I know.

Back