All-Star Pushing Through Routines

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
So every once in a while, there is an athlete who gets injured during a routine and still finishes out SO strong (mainly from the adrenaline) that it makes everyone's heads roll. This girl is an example of that (NJSE sm sr 04). Every once in a while, I look up this vid for inspiration. Can't believe she did all that tumbling when her knee was clearly not feeling too well!

I also remember that some girl broke her arm right before UCA high school nationals one year, but was able to learn to tumble w/ one arm and wearing a cast! She threw like a full to full too, it was nuts!

Anyone else have any other stories/vids?

I remember seeing a video of a girl from cheerforce(?) who tore her ACL during tumbling and carried on. @F!ERCE posted a video in a different thread of I think her old team where a girl competed after breaking her wrist in warm ups.

I remember seeing a video of a girl from cheerforce(?) who tore her ACL during tumbling and carried on. @F!ERCE posted a video in a different thread of I think her old team where a girl competed after breaking her wrist in warm ups.

That reminded me of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU9Ftl2LiYE

This was Small Senior 4 three years ago at our last competition of the season. The girl that stars front center (I believe she was a HS junior at the time) broke her wrist in warm-ups and came out and did the ENTIRE routine, including tumbling, backing the stunt sequence and basing a toss. Around 1:35, she goes off to the left and throws up all over from the pain and ends up missing her pass, but she comes back in and finishes the rest of the routine. Insanity.

:)

We had a girl on our Mini 2 last year who broke her ankle in warm ups. She totally worked the entire routine!

i had a girl on my team who got punched in the nose during our opening stunt and had a bloody nose the rest of the routine and bled on one of the bases hair :p she was a flyer so kudos to her for sucking it in haha. not very extreme, but hey it works. :p

Anyone know where the Woodlands picture is from Worlds? It was posted on some thread here....

This is CEA SSX from their regional Cheersport comp from the 09-10 season... the girl falls out of her tumbling pass at 1:19 and it looks like she broke her hand.

Anyone know where the Woodlands picture is from Worlds? It was posted on some thread here....

This is CEA SSX from their regional Cheersport comp from the 09-10 season... the girl falls out of her tumbling pass at 1:19 and it looks like she broke her hand.
I can't put the pic on here from my phone but it was in the not so fierce photos thread, posted on June 17 and around post #204

Copied from Not So Fierce Photos thread... thanks @Kris10boo :)

fekvw6.jpg

This is the girl on Generals who got elbowed on day 2 of worlds and had to get 10 stitches! And she still finished the routine!!

Video??

One of my bases a couple of years ago broke her arm and still competed! Amazing what cheerleaders will do for their team! :)

There were 2 girls from Matrix (one on Vortex and another on Armageddon) last year at Jamfest Supernationals that got punched/elbowed in the face. The girl on Armageddon had to get a metal plate underneath her eye! :O

Video??

One of my bases a couple of years ago broke her arm and still competed! Amazing what cheerleaders will do for their team! :)
hahahahhaahha whoops wasn't paying attention and forgot to attach the link. But the one xSFcheerx posted is correct :)

Back