All-Star Pushing Through Routines

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I believe this is totally illegal at the high school level and they would have stopped the routine to take her off the mat.
That is actually an allstar team.. Woodlands Elite Generals Large Senior 5 at Day 2 of Worlds this past year (2011). Amazing girl right there.

At NCA-Dallas Day Two in baskets !
182136S-6917-0kte7366.jpg

Not during a routine, but didn't Alex Shelton (might be getting the wrong person) tumble completely no-handed at a competition for Platinum last year because he had a broken wrist/hand?
Also, it was posted on another thread, a girl at NCA on I believe a small limited level 5 team tore her ACL in running tumbling and finished the rest of the routine.

I remember seeing a video of a girl from cheerforce(?) who tore her ACL during tumbling and carried on. @F!ERCE posted a video in a different thread of I think her old team where a girl competed after breaking her wrist in warm ups.

Her name is Nicolette, she's a beast. But sadly tore her acl again right after getting cleared at the beginning of last season.

The girl at 1:13 who did a two to whip full on the right tore her ACL.

She tore her ACL and Meniscus during warm ups. I got a chance to tumble with her last season and shes still beastly.

we had a girl on one of our teams break her elbow in the very beginning of the routine and finished with basing and everything. We were all amazed that she finished without even showing that she was really hurt on her face. a smile the whole time.

My cp pulled her achilles in the first 30 seconds of the routine. I could see it all over her face that something was wrong. To this day i still can't figure out how she finished the routine. I have a video somewhere, if i find it i will post it.

I know OA angels had a girl not this year at worlds but at worlds the year before break her ankle in warm ups and go on to compete and place 5th at worlds.

Then also @SharkDad can correct at me but im pretty sure Alli from ssx compete at worlds this year with both sides of her ankle sprained badly, like was wearing a boot constantly except for when she was competeing and warm ups

She tore her ACL and Meniscus during warm ups. I got a chance to tumble with her last season and shes still beastly.

I don't understand how anyone could do that... I tore my ACL and my meniscus during a running tumbling run through, took one step and I was done. I just couldn't get up

Last season during the first 20 seconds of my routine I got my contact knocked out of my eye so I had to do the whole routine with only one contact in. I had also just partially torn my meniscus 2 weeks before so I watered down all of my passes to fulls. When it came time for standing tumbling I couldnt really see (only had one contact in) and when I landed I landed with most of my weight on my bad knee and tore my meniscus completely. I remember feeling a really hot burning pain but just kept on going. It wasnt until after the routine was over that I really felt the pain.

One of my cheerleaders came to me in warm up before our very first competition a couple of years ago and mentioned that her shoulder hurt from warming her scorp up but that it was ok. I had a quick look and feel... no swelling... no flinching... she seemed fine stretching still. As head coach, I'd trained them to tell me about the slightest injury... better be safe than sorry when it comes to looking after our athletes... and our necks!

She did the rest of warm up and then the routine and only after did she come to me in very obvious pain... her shoulder now swelling up. Turns out, she had dislocated her shoulder and popped it back in herself. She had the highlight stunt and wasn't going to let me take her out of the routine because the team depended on her... It was that moment that I realised she was as dumb as I was when I was still cheering and as mad about the sport as I still am. She's now one of my best friends and coaches alongside me.

Back