All-Star Question From Music Producers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
The cheer music has transitioned from lots of songs to customized voice overs and remaking of songs to match the team name. In the next year what would you like more of ? Personally in my mixes i like to highlight songs to express a feeling for a section but maybe people have other opinions.

More music and emotion - that's what really gets me into a routine.
Some VO at the right point and performed fierce - and i'm happy :)

I think it's all in how you do it. The biggest thing to me is creativity. I also like it when I hear songs that nobody else has. But yeah in my opinion it's all about creativity and making the music personally fit a teams personality.

I like music and I like voiceovers. What I really dislike is voiceovers that change the lyrics of a song. When I hear a song in a mix I want to hear the song, not a weird voice-over version of it. Plus, with the exception of a few, most sound really awkward to me.

I definitely miss the days when teams would only have two or three voiceovers in their routines.

then you should listen to swedish mixes or some international. most dont have many voice overs at all. on to the subject of this thread. i love how the mixes are today but to be honest. even i think some have to much voice overs.

I really enjoy mostly music. That isn't to say there hasnt been some amazing voice over combinations and creations, but I like to think of music as the ice cream and voice overs as the sprinkles. And things have been becoming more and more sprinkles.

Less voice overs. I think some mixes have just waaaayyyy too many. I also like mixes where they change the tempo too. The continuous quick beat over and over all day long makes them less distinguishable.

Latest posts

Back