All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's essentially the same thing, only the kicks and spins are separate (which is why it's legal). Kick *skill*, full *skill*, kick *skill*, full *skill*. You're only making a cumulative 2.5 spins (that other half spin coming from the bases). The kicks are each a skill.

Now- would a triple kick full be legal? (I doubt it'd score that high as a full twist basket is level 4)
Wildcats did triple kick w/ double spin but not in that order. 2 kicks, full, kick, full so 5 skills... so a triple kick double would be 5 skills too so it should be legal.

So I'm only like 3 years behind in asking this (and I hope I've come to the right thread to post this question), but why did USASF get rid of the unlimited coed division? I understand small, medium and large divisions is suppose to reflect the limited, semi-limited and unlimited coed divisions..... but having 6 guys in replacement of 6 girls (Large coed vs. unlimited) makes a huge difference in routines. I hope someone actually knows the answer to this, I've always wanted to know since I started re-following cheerleading again last season. I went on a hiatus for two seasons and poof, the divisions have all changed.

This question of mine stems from spending too much time watching Worlds videos between 2007-2010, lol. I've always felt routines back then packed a more powerful punch, the stunts may not have been as difficult as they are now..... but man, it just felt a whole lot more exciting. I can't tell if it's the pace of the routines, the tumbling (I can't be the only one that miss seeing tumbling passes end in full to doubles etc.) or just the energy the athletes exude when they perform, something just feels very different from this past season and back then.

So I'm only like 3 years behind in asking this (and I hope I've come to the right thread to post this question), but why did USASF get rid of the unlimited coed division? I understand small, medium and large divisions is suppose to reflect the limited, semi-limited and unlimited coed divisions..... but having 6 guys in replacement of 6 girls (Large coed vs. unlimited) makes a huge difference in routines. I hope someone actually knows the answer to this, I've always wanted to know since I started re-following cheerleading again last season. I went on a hiatus for two seasons and poof, the divisions have all changed.

This question of mine stems from spending too much time watching Worlds videos between 2007-2010, lol. I've always felt routines back then packed a more powerful punch, the stunts may not have been as difficult as they are now..... but man, it just felt a whole lot more exciting. I can't tell if it's the pace of the routines, the tumbling (I can't be the only one that miss seeing tumbling passes end in full to doubles etc.) or just the energy the athletes exude when they perform, something just feels very different from this past season and back then.
The division was dying, there were only like 5 teams in the division in 2011. It's really hard to have 24 level 5 guys at one gym. Most teams didn't have that many guys anyway and making it 18 made it a little more level playing field.

The division was dying, there were only like 5 teams in the division in 2011. It's really hard to have 24 level 5 guys at one gym. Most teams didn't have that many guys anyway and making it 18 made it a little more level playing field.
Wow it used to be 24 in Unlimited Coed?? I didn't realize it was that many back then wow...

Wow it used to be 24 in Unlimited Coed?? I didn't realize it was that many back then wow...

There was no limit, hence the "unlimited". Though the most you would really have is 24, because if you wanted to max out your number of stunts (so 12 stunt groups X 3 per group = 36 total members) it wouldn't be advisable to have 35 males and 1 female unless 11 of the guys knew how to fly. Basically to make any of the top caliber teams as a female, you had to know how to fly. It was just a lot easier for teams to put up 12 stunts groups with a male-female ratio of 2:1. The only large coed team I saw able to replicate that was Top Gun this past season, the 6 girls who had to base were able to handle two-base stunts (with a male base partner of course). In fact, they had 12 flyers up during their final pyramid position which just looked so impressive because they spanned across from one end of the mat to the other - hopefully we'll see more of this in the coming seasons across all teams. Having said that, I really would like to see the unlimited coed division make a come back when cheerleading is more popular among guys. In a sport where females have their own female-only division, it's nice to actually see more males than females on the mat once in awhile.

Did GymTyme Golden Girls get a deduction for the fall at the end of their routine? The music ended as the flyer was starting to fall in the ending pyramid.

There was no limit, hence the "unlimited". Though the most you would really have is 24, because if you wanted to max out your number of stunts (so 12 stunt groups X 3 per group = 36 total members) it wouldn't be advisable to have 35 males and 1 female unless 11 of the guys knew how to fly. Basically to make any of the top caliber teams as a female, you had to know how to fly. It was just a lot easier for teams to put up 12 stunts groups with a male-female ratio of 2:1. The only large coed team I saw able to replicate that was Top Gun this past season, the 6 girls who had to base were able to handle two-base stunts (with a male base partner of course). In fact, they had 12 flyers up during their final pyramid position which just looked so impressive because they spanned across from one end of the mat to the other - hopefully we'll see more of this in the coming seasons across all teams. Having said that, I really would like to see the unlimited coed division make a come back when cheerleading is more popular among guys. In a sport where females have their own female-only division, it's nice to actually see more males than females on the mat once in awhile.

Most IOC5/6 teams have more guys than girls. 24 on a mat with 15 guys max. I think we had 14 and 10.

Latest posts

Back