All-Star Real-time Scoring (welcome To The 21st Century)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 4, 2011
Gymnastics has it. Diving has it. Figure Skating has had it forever. Add Freestyle Skiing, Freestyle Snowboarding, Ski Jumping and Boxing. All these sports have Real-Time scoring, Broadcasted and Published immediately after a performance. There is no secret back room where judges gather with their abacus to tally up scores in secret. If ALL STAR Cheerleading is ever going to be considered a legitimate sport then we must move into the 21st Century and have Real-Time Scoring, Published immediately following a performance. NOW THERE'S a RULE CHANGE THE USASF BOARD CAN SINK THEIR TEETH INTO! What are your thoughts?

Gymnastics has it. Diving has it. Figure Skating has had it forever. Add Freestyle Skiing, Freestyle Snowboarding, Ski Jumping and Boxing. All these sports have Real-Time scoring, Broadcasted and Published immediately after a performance. There is no secret back room where judges gather with their abacus to tally up scores in secret. If ALL STAR Cheerleading is ever going to be considered a legitimate sport then we must move into the 21st Century and have Real-Time Scoring, Published immediately following a performance. NOW THERE'S a RULE CHANGE THE USASF BOARD CAN SINK THEIR TEETH INTO! What are your thoughts?
I wish I could shimmy this a thousand times!

Also standards that ALL judges need to follow across companies!!

LOVE IT!!! This has actually been talked about being implemented a few times in IL at our state finals. I think a few more years and we will get it passed. :)

Agreed! I've seen a few competitions post scores immediately after a team competed (two teams later usually). Never once did it cause more problems!

That is what I love about Aloha Spirit Competitions!! I think it helps take the drama out of it all!

To add to this. I would like to see how each judge scores. Don't need the names but judge 1.... judge 2, etc.

There needs to be enough of a delay for me to verify Rules Violations.

There needs to be enough of a delay for me to verify Rules Violations.

We'll give you five minutes... ;)

I understand needing a little time, I just would like for there not to be a bunch of teams "hoping/praying" for a certain place and then being disappointed and pointing fingers at everyone except their own performance. I think teams will still be disappointed but it lessens the drama of "place calling" for lack of a better word.

Cheerlebrity already does Real time scoring. As soon as you compete you get Critiqued from the Cheerlebrity Judges and while they critique you for 2 minutes your score is being decided and Voila- Your score is announced immediately. Real time Scoring done with Laptop computers and Custom Escore software.

This is why I liked the Cheerlebrity competitions this year. Getting some feedback right after you perform is great.

Back