All-Star Requests For Helping A Community In Need

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have so much respect for you and what your doing! I attended the Detroit Public School system many years ago and I know how much that we lacked in books and supplies back then.
I still reside in the metro area, but I have so much hope for Detroit still! It's a wonderful thing your doing and I will help support however I can and spread the word!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I would LOVE if you could help spread the word! Where are you living? I currently live in Royal Oak, about 30 min from my school! Maybe we're neighbors!:chestbump:

Will you be looking for books as well? I'm sure that the Fierceboarders would be great at a book drive.

Yeah I was going to suggest that but then I looked at the picture on the site and figured that the amount of books wasn't an issue

Side note but if anyone on FB needs or knows anyone that may need children's books (11 and under) feel free to PM me. I'm constantly weeding from our collection.

Side note but if anyone on FB needs or knows anyone that may need children's books (11 and under) feel free to PM me. I'm constantly weeding from our collection.

If you can't find hands to put them into, local libraries will usually take donations as well!

Yeah I was going to suggest that but then I looked at the picture on the site and figured that the amount of books wasn't an issue

I might. One of the Towns that got destroyed by Sandy is still struggling. My friend runs the local football and cheer program there ( which is deeply engrained in the town) and found himself involved in every aspect of rebuilding the town. Thru him, I lead a fundraiser and drive to help the school with supplies . Let me check if they might need more (actually I am sure they do, but space is probably the issue).

If you can't find hands to put them into, local libraries will usually take donations as well!

Lol I am the local library, I'm a children's librarian . When I weed I typically box some up to send to the Friends of the Library which are in turn sold at book sales and the profits come back to the library for programming. Books donated to the library never end up on shelves but are either given to FOL or Recycled. Occasionally I come across titles in specific subject areas that I give to my teacher friends or books that aren't nice enough to give to FOL but are too nice to throw away so I just give them to friends with kids.

I might. One of the Towns that got destroyed by Sandy is still struggling. My friend runs the local football and cheer program there ( which is deeply engrained in the town) and found himself involved in every aspect of rebuilding the town. Thru him, I lead a fundraiser and drive to help the school with supplies . Let me check if they might need more (actually I am sure they do, but space is probably the issue).

Keep me posted and send me a PM when you find anything out!

I just hate recycling books when I know there are people out there that can actually put them to use

Thank you! I would LOVE if you could help spread the word! Where are you living? I currently live in Royal Oak, about 30 min from my school! Maybe we're neighbors!:chestbump:
Your very close to me:). I'm in Clinton Twp. I spend a lot of time out in Royal Oak. Years ago hubby's family owned a floral shop on Washington St (I believe). It's been a long time. But my cousin works at a Florist in Ferndale so we meet for dinner all the time. I will spread the word. What school do u teach at? If you like feel free to PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any other items your classroom could use?
So many of us have, or know many others who have, extras of "stuff" that we don't think much about but would be an awesome addition for your classroom.

Thanks for offering! We aren't allowed to send home supply lists, so I went ahead and bought all of their supplies ahead of time (I was slowly hoarding notebooks in my basement for a year!) I don't want to ask for too much, just trying to get them the basics! If anyone knows extreme coupon-ers, we could always use tissues and hand sanitizer! Otherwise that's about all we need to be happy and healthy :) I really appreciate ALL of the offers to help. My heart is so full!

Just made a donation. I am a high school teacher in a high poverty school, and I really appreciate anyone who chooses that route despite the challenges. Best of luck to you!

Back