All-Star Ripped Off Dances?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To be brutally honest, I think its pretty tacky and unoriginal. Why would any team or coach want to copy another dance. The dance is supposed to say something unique about your team. If every team had this attitude, then we wouldn't have much originality. Drives me crazy seeing teams who take a stunt sequence, dance or choreography that is straight up the same as another. So much you can do with choreography, just makes you look unoriginal to say the least.

technically, i think the people that mix the music have to obtain some sort of permission. I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive there's something that has to do with like, one big company buys the rights to use it and they allow smaller companies to use it for productions and remixing like this or something...or I think they're supposed to?

Many music mixers do not pay royalty fees. I have actually discussed it with many of my professors and they are shocked something hasn't been done about it yet. This is a completely different topic though.

Many music mixers do not pay royalty fees. I have actually discussed it with many of my professors and they are shocked something hasn't been done about it yet. This is a completely different topic though.
Same with my professor! I had a conversation with my super old media law teacher (who is also a lawyer) and he said that's a classic example of copyright infringement. I think we've discussed this before, but I might make another post soon about the legalities of cheer music. I would love to get some mixers perspectives.

Same with my professor! I had a conversation with my super old media law teacher (who is also a lawyer) and he said that's a classic example of copyright infringement. I think we've discussed this before, but I might make another post soon about the legalities of cheer music. I would love to get some mixers perspectives.
Please do! My boyfriend was asked to do some quick mixes for some local mini/tiny teams but being a musician himself he feels conflicted unless the competition was paying fees to the appropriate body (APRA in Australia).

There was a high school team last year who used UA legacy's dance ('10-'11) and everything about it was copied- the exact dance and mix! Just stinks that ua paid a lot of money for their mix and theres a high school team using it and all they probably had to do was copy and paste.

There was a high school team last year who used UA legacy's dance ('10-'11) and everything about it was copied- the exact dance and mix! Just stinks that ua paid a lot of money for their mix and theres a high school team using it and all they probably had to do was copy and paste.
Was the team from IL?

I'll add in that that if you watch through the video, the team used panther's music won that comptition..

When i was at my first high school competition last year someone used stingrays Orange dance from 2010. It was so funny because i was singing to it and it knew the dance . & instead of them doing a tranny drop they did this cool foward roll thing.
Someone in our town is known for ripping off allstar routines. He just loves Stingrays..lol. Not sure if its the same routine but come on!! People don't pay you too watch You Tube and copy a routine. Be original!!

So I came across this high school routine and their dance was very, I mean very familar to WCSS dance from 08!!
watch for yourself..

But I just wanted to see what you all think when other teams rip off other teams dances? Or if there are other teams that had similar dances?

Well, at least they did it well. Actually if this team came in third, I would kind of like to see 2nd place and 1st because I liked them a lot.

Back