All-Star Ruby Slipper Full Up Grip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

the full up that spring teaches is not cross legged. the flyer stars with left toe facing the front and right toe facing the right side. the third starts out as the main, the main starts out as the side and the side starts outs as the third. so the entire base group turns 1/4
Spring also teaches the cross leg way. They work with Cheersport a few times a year with Lisa and Kenny for choreo and stunting and my team 2 years in a row were taught the cross leg way by Kenny.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Just been to a skills session today we were learning full ups the cross legged way with none of the bases moving I personally liked it and found it easier than the traditional way and it just felt safer

Great Whites. Spring Tumbling continuing to innovate!

Can you explain the difference between the grips in the way Great Whites double up compared to Brandon? I'm just trying to understand the difference because they look exactly the same to me, even after watching each about 20 times. I get the difference for the full up, but not for the double up.

Can you explain the difference between the grips in the way Great Whites double up compared to Brandon? I'm just trying to understand the difference because they look exactly the same to me, even after watching each about 20 times. I get the difference for the full up, but not for the double up.
It's a secret lol

instep grip is slightly different. Not sure if it's shown in the picture but the way they are executed is slightly different. Both work very well!

the full up that spring teaches is not cross legged. the flyer stars with left toe facing the front and right toe facing the right side. the third starts out as the main, the main starts out as the side and the side starts outs as the third. so the entire base group turns 1/4
This is what gets me; if the bases rotate 90 degrees, then isn't the flyer doing a 3/4 up?

That's what a lot of people have been saying in this thread. But if it scores the same, which it does, then teams are going to do it the easiest way possible.

Maybe for the teams that care about progression because the constant contact will decrease their likelihood of injury. However a greater sense of accomplishment lies with knowing that your team can hit a true, original full-up.

Maybe for the teams that care about progression because the constant contact will decrease their likelihood of injury. However a greater sense of accomplishment lies with knowing that your team can hit a true, original full-up.

You're from that same line of people who were against the Fosbury flop because it's not the right way of doing the high jump huh?

Back