All-Star Rude Encounters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 13, 2014
Anyone have any rude encounter stories they would like to share?

Quick side note: I am not trying to pre judge, target, call out or bash any big or small gym program, athlete, coach or parent what so ever. I am just curious in hearing some rude encounter stories. And for all of those people wondering why I want to hear rude encounter stories is because I am curious to see if anyone has had the same encounters that I have had.

Last edited:
I think it is unfair to judge any gym (big or small) based on behavior of a select group of athletes/fans/parents. All gyms have both "rude" and "fabulous" members :)
True. I am not judging any gym, athlete or coach I was more just curious if anyone had an encounter with a cheerleader or big gym that wasn't quite so pleasant.

I have not. Then again, I never really communicated with anyone outside of my old gym. That's the main reason, to avoid drama. I think a lot of times gyms in general, but especially big gyms, start being mean and rude because they got fame inside of their heads. They also want people to be intimidated of them. I love intimidation, but not when it's being rude and harassing other gyms. It should just be fun competition, this is not the Olympics. As an individual, more than likely, you're not super rich just from doing this sport and you're not on the news channels 9/10. Like what I'm saying is, no gym or cheerleading team are true celebrities, they don't have tabloids following them around. Like there is no reason to be rude to anyone, when one day a gym could come through and take whatever title that team has. Good sportsmanship is always a must. At CEA, if we weren't showing good sportsmanship and another coach had to talk to our coach, there be some hardcore conditioning the next practice.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I have experienced a big gym being very rude! At a comp they stood at the front of the VIP area to watch 3 teams compete. They were actually scheduled to go on after us. When our team was up they just stood there and pretty much blocked us! So when our music started none of us were in front of the stage and our kids and coach,( who was on stage with the I5 team)were like WTH? I have never been so angry! We were all screaming at them to please move which they did not and they looked at us like we were all crazy. Let me say they still are not one if my favorite gyms especially when I heard another parent say they did the same thing to them earlier that same day!

Last edited:
I have not. Then again, I never really communicated with anyone outside of my old gym. That's the main reason, to avoid drama. I think a lot of times gyms in general, but especially big gyms, start being mean and rude because they got fame inside of their heads. They also want people to be intimidated of them. I love intimidation, but not when it's being rude and harassing other gyms. It should just be fun competition, this is not the Olympics. As an individual, more than likely, you're not super rich just from doing this sport and you're not on the news channels 9/10. Like what I'm saying is, no gym or cheerleading team are true celebrities, they don't have tabloids following them around. Like there is no reason to be rude to anyone, when one day a gym could come through and take whatever title that team has. Good sportsmanship is always a must. At CEA, if we weren't showing good sportsmanship and another coach had to talk to our coach, there be some hardcore conditioning the next practice.

I've sat on my fingers long enough. You admit to never communicating with anyone outside your "old gym" but yet you can come on a public forum and say that big gyms are mean and rude. Where are you getting your facts? How can you be comfortable pointing fingers at gyms you admittedly know nothing about?
My personal experience is I have met many friendly, supportive people from big gyms. My kids have become friends with athletes from big gyms. I have found the majority of athletes and parents of big gyms exhibit excellent sportsmanship. I have seen good and bad from gyms of all sizes, but fortunately most of what I see is the good. If good sportsmanship is a "must", as you say, you are certainly not displaying that right now and are not representing your "old gym" very well.

As far as "just fun competition", there are gyms that promote that, which is absolutely fine. However, countless hours, blood, sweat, and tears, thousands of dollars make up all star cheer. There are events that are in fact the Olympics of our sport, and many take this very seriously and are in it to win it, and there is nothing wrong with that either. Whatever level of competition has nothing to do with big gyms being rude to others. I think you are way out of line with your comments.

I know that you specifically asked about cheerleaders and bad experiences, but it made me think of the opposite response from a very well known coach/owner of a big gym in our area. A couple of years ago, we were at a comp and my CP was six at the time. She was familiar with CJA because of the tv show and she was in awe when she saw Patty Ann walk by. She and a friend (from a nearby PA gym) chased after her. Coach Patty Ann stopped and spent about 5 minutes with them, talking about cheer and encouraging them. She also saw my camera and asked if I would take a picture of her and the "future Worlds athletes!" To this day, my cp still counts Patty Ann as one of her biggest supporters :)

All of CJA's teams were competing that day and I know she was extremely busy, but she took the time to create memories and encourage these girls The coach and mom shined through. It didn't matter that the girls were "the competition" or from a "small gym".

Unfortunately, I have experienced a very well known large gym exhibit very rude behavior. It was at Cheersport Nationals in 2013. They had a team who was going to perform right after us. The PARENTS lined up at the front of the waiting line and would not let us get thru to see our kids. When one of their parents told them they were not the next team and the response, with my parents standing there was, "Oh well, I'm not moving because I'll lose my place when we come on" . My parents had to squeeze and push through them to get to the VIP area in time to watch our team. I realize there are good and bad people in every situation, however, that left me with a bad impression of that gym - and I was a fan of theirs.

It goes to show a few bad apples can make a difference as to how the whole program is perceived.

I have been hearing lots of stories lately about big gyms being rude and ignorant to other small gyms as well as fans. Have you ever experienced big gyms or famous cheerleaders being rude?

To be honest, the opposite had happened to me. Last year at several small regional competitions, I experienced people who were downright mean and rude to me because I had big gym clothing and carrying my daughter's bag... At 1 competition, I distinctly remember this 1 woman who refused to allow me to sit down and deliberately put clothes into multiple empty seats knowing that I wanted to sit down for a moment to watch a performance (I desperately explained that I will move when her party gets back, but she refused to allow me to sit down) and when I was walking away to look for another seat, she loudly started talking trash about my Big Gym...
Unfortunately, sometimes being a member of a Big Gym opens us up to a form of bullying from Small Gym, and I learned that no matter what, outsiders will always side with the underdog, Small Gym...JMO

To be honest, the opposite had happened to me. Last year at several small regional competitions, I experienced people who were downright mean and rude to me because I had big gym clothing and carrying my daughter's bag... At 1 competition, I distinctly remember this 1 woman who refused to allow me to sit down and deliberately put clothes into multiple empty seats knowing that I wanted to sit down for a moment to watch a performance (I desperately explained that I will move when her party gets back, but she refused to allow me to sit down) and when I was walking away to look for another seat, she loudly started talking trash about my Big Gym...
Unfortunately, sometimes being a member of a Big Gym opens us up to a form of bullying from Small Gym, and I learned that no matter what, outsiders will always side with the underdog, Small Gym...JMO

I've experienced the same thing. Even so much as a woman from another gym bumping me with her shoulder as she walked past me. Do I blame the gym? No. But she wasn't real bright, wearing her gym shirt. :rolleyes:

I think this thread is just asking for people to get into fights here on the board. Every gym has their a-holes and every gym has their wonderful people. This subject is just silly, in my opinion.

I've sat on my fingers long enough. You admit to never communicating with anyone outside your "old gym" but yet you can come on a public forum and say that big gyms are mean and rude. Where are you getting your facts? How can you be comfortable pointing fingers at gyms you admittedly know nothing about?
My personal experience is I have met many friendly, supportive people from big gyms. My kids have become friends with athletes from big gyms. I have found the majority of athletes and parents of big gyms exhibit excellent sportsmanship. I have seen good and bad from gyms of all sizes, but fortunately most of what I see is the good. If good sportsmanship is a "must", as you say, you are certainly not displaying that right now and are not representing your "old gym" very well.

As far as "just fun competition", there are gyms that promote that, which is absolutely fine. However, countless hours, blood, sweat, and tears, thousands of dollars make up all star cheer. There are events that are in fact the Olympics of our sport, and many take this very seriously and are in it to win it, and there is nothing wrong with that either. Whatever level of competition has nothing to do with big gyms being rude to others. I think you are way out of line with your comments.
I have the right to my own opinion. Just because I have never experienced it my self doesn't mean I don't understand what the user is talking about. You took my entire response out of context. I never said anything bad about big gyms and I did say all gyms can act like that. But especially big gyms. I have seen it happen to people and heard it happen to others. I just never experienced it my self first hand. But I'm just saying, THATS PROBABLY WHY A LOT OD BIG GYMS ACT LIKE THAT. I was not wrong for my comment.

I have the right to my own opinion. Just because I have never experienced it my self doesn't mean I don't understand what the user is talking about. You took my entire response out of context. I never said anything bad about big gyms and I did say all gyms can act like that. But especially big gyms. I have seen it happen to people and heard it happen to others. I just never experienced it my self first hand. But I'm just saying, THATS PROBABLY WHY A LOT OD BIG GYMS ACT LIKE THAT. I was not wrong for my comment.

I also find it wrong that you call me out on my comments. When people are saying other things about there experiences with big gyms.

Just like another user said, every gym has there booty holes. I'm not in no way being out of line for stating my opinion. If you don't agree, that's completely okay.

Just like another user said, every gym has there booty holes. I'm not in no way being out of line for stating my opinion. If you don't agree, that's completely okay.

Not trying to be rude but maybe if you weren't so extremely defensive when someone disagrees with you, you would get better feedback..just a thought

Back