All-Star Rudeness At Awards!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've never seen that happen before and i hope to never ever see that happen!

Then you're not allowed to go to NCA because that's how they do it.

Your joking? I've never been to NCA and this will be my first year going (diff gym than last year!) i mean if the program does it then thats one thing, but if the team does it on its own then i find that very offensive.

Will you EVER learn to stop? GOD! let people learn about cheer!! stop making people have the wrong facts on events! u should be ashamed of yourself!

i absolutly hate it when a team start screaming when 2nd place is called and they know they won... it just ruins the 2nd place teams moment, if they wait a little longer they will get their moment too!
buuuuut i must say that a couple times this season just me and two other girls on my team had to leave before awards were over becuase we double compete to another team and needed to go to warmups.......

Will you EVER learn to stop? GOD! let people learn about cheer!! stop making people have the wrong facts on events! u should be ashamed of yourself!

You feel free to jump in and help explain things anytime you like. Meanwhile, I'll just keep doing what I do since it seems to be working for me.

But thanks for noticing.

You feel free to jump in and help explain things anytime you like. Meanwhile, I'll just keep doing what I do since it seems to be working for me.

But thanks for noticing.
yes? thanks for being ignorant.

My biggest pet peave in all of cheer.....when at awards the second place team is announced and the first place team celebrates. It is just plain rude..the second place team deserves their moment, these kids can be taught to throw a girl in the air and catch her but the coaches cannot take the time to teach them a little sportmanship. If my daughters team acted like that I hate to even think what the coach would have to say about it. I comlain about this at every single awards ceremony there is always multiple teams that do this...HOW RUDE!!!:mad:

let me say, i know when my team won cheersport. the girls/boys were like jumping while sitting and sometimes you cant just sit there, especially if your on a youth team with young ones.

let me say, i know when my team won cheersport. the girls/boys were like jumping while sitting and sometimes you cant just sit there, especially if your on a youth team with young ones! and yes its rude, but sometimes you cant sit there? i mean, i wasnt at awards when we won cheersport because i was a crossover and was about to go on stage when i found out<3 :((((! but i mean your excited you cant hold it back sometimes! i mean if your older, try to control yourself. but sometimes if its a huge comp. you cant!

theres a team that we went against at a nationals, somehow they were in 1st place day 1 (we beat them by 11 places at cheersport); long story short, day 2 at awards we sat by each other BIGGEST MISTAKE! because when we won, and celebrated they were crying. but still when scores are SO close it can go either way. they were excited because they were ahead of us, they were partying and buying cakes saying ntl champs the night before and stuff. so NEVER sit by the top 2 teams.....i mean 2nd dont sit by 1st vis versa! because it can go either way if scores are thaatt close.

we did not only end up winning 1st, but grand champs, our 3rd us finals full paid bid, powerful performance, judges fave!!!! and we ended by outscoring them by alot. and there was actually a reason why we were in 2nd day 1. NOTHING to do with our team, but they didnt like our coach? and if they didnt give us 1st, it would be just BAD because we went undefeated...

True story - COA in Orlando this April....
All teams gathered on the floor for the awards ceremony. As teams were called in 5th, 4th, etc. place, they LEFT THE BALLROOM. Like physically got up and started walking up the aisle and out of the ballroom.
Talk about bad sportsmanship! I was mortified. In addition, all the folks sitting in the audience now could not see the stage because of the teams leaving.

heh heh, i remember that...

You're welcome. Thanks for being a stalker and so fascinated with everything I post.
LMAOOOO!!! You're the last person on earth I would stalk, I don't associate with people who do the things you do.

LMAOOOO!!! You're the last person on earth I would stalk, I don't associate with people who do the things you do.
It's probably why you're the kid nobody invites to the party :p

That being said, I think when we've had this thread before, somebody mentioned about how if they won second place, they WOULD NOT want to be the center of attention, particularly at one of the larger events. The sad thing is, it's kinda like @BlueCat said: you'll have those awful parents who SCOUT to see if the kids from the other team so much as FLINCH with excitement when their own team is called second, BUT they're usually the FIRST to insist their child needs at least 30 minutes of appropriate sulk-time before congratulating the other team. They're also usually the FIRST to insist that the other team should have jumped for joy when the roles are reversed. I'm sorry, if I were at NCA/Cheersport/Worlds and got second: in the first 10-30 minutes or so, I'm not going to be the most sportsmanlike person. ESPECIALLY if it's a really competitive division. I may be polite, but I wouldn't bank on me showering the other team with rose petals and buying them a $3000 bottle of wine. Once I've had my private moment of disappointment, ok. I'll probably be more gracious. And quite frankly, I wouldn't expect much more out of my opponents. If they are gracious enough to hug me or even shake my hand, that's fine. I don't expect lavish affection or gifts after they've lost to me at one of the biggest competitions of the year..no sport expects that, ESPECIALLY from athletes 18 and under.

i love my gym so much, but at awards, when one of our teams wins, the entire gym busts out and chants CNY! CNY! and i think its quite obnoxious, and it makes the people who lost to us feel like they got a slap in the face.

Whenever my team hears the 2nd place team called and it's not us, of course we're excited but we hold it in as best we can. We squeal a tiny bit and squeeze each others hands but we make sure that we RESPECT the 2nd place team and wait until 1st place is called to jump up and down and go crazy.

I like it that way, and those who go crazy when the 2nd place team is called usually don't have much sportsmanship.

Back