All-Star Sex Offender Arrested At Cheer Comp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry, but what's code adam? I thought it was a typo for something I couldn't work out at first, but now I'm just really confused!

A Code Adam is a code called in stores mainly when a child goes missing it was named after a child who was abducted and killed from a store. It is very effective in stores but I am not sure it would be in an arena type setting

Reactions: Ren
At 4 years old my daughter went missing at a festival, they stopped the music immediatley to make an announcement and were on their radios to shut down all entrances... no one in or out. She had doubled back on me and returned to play with some friends where my wife was found within minutes. (needless to say the worst three minutes of my life...) but I was impressed with the speed they handled it with. Speaking with the organizer afterwards to express my gratitude (and claim stupidity for allowing enough space in a crowd for my daughter to duck out of my sight for 3 seconds - that's all it took) he told my that they practice the routine before every event so their staff knows how to act.

BTW.. I don know if it was mentioned in this thread but a cheerDAD at the Cheer Power event in San Antonio was the one who noticed the the perv and brought him to the police's attention. http://news92fm.com/326961/vigilant-dad-catches-sex-offender-at-cheerleading-competition/

I coach a youth team and I definitely try to educate my girls while at competitions to stay together and keep up with each other when we are walking. we all know the little ones get scatter brained and start looking all over the place except at the group of people thy are with I tell them to keep their eyes on the girl in front of them... We have them line up and I will usually be at the front of the line and my other coach will be at the end. I have used the fear tactic when it came to being at NCA and UCA two huge comps with thousands of people walking around I told them thy need to pay very close attention when we are walking around and don't walk off of our path because it takes 2 seconds for someone to grab you.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I highly doubt there is any procedure in place but there probably should be.

Unlike a music festival I can't see how they would stop a routine but they could definitely hold off from starting the next...

At worlds this past year, a man exposed himself to a group of girls on a bus(he was driving in his own car). If i was there i would've literally stopped the bus and handled that myself. Some of the girls were really young too.

At Aloha Nationals two weekends ago a couple girls on my team (11 yrs old) were talking about a group of boys who were following them around the hotel at night. To make a long story short, once the police were called they said one of the boys was a registered sex offender. Kinda scary :/

At Aloha Nationals two weekends ago a couple girls on my team (11 yrs old) were talking about a group of boys who were following them around the hotel at night. To make a long story short, once the police were called they said one of the boys was a registered sex offender. Kinda scary :/

:( so disturbing

Why were 11 year old girls walking around the hotel at night alone?

I don't think it was that late, by 'night' I more meant that the people who weren't staying in the hotel had gone home. I think they were walking around because the Gaylord hotel has an atrium with restaurants and shops. They may have been visiting a friends room or the pool. Additionally someone pulled the fire alarm and a whole bunch of people said they couldn't hear it and others said not to leave the room. I think all the parents were trying to figure out what was going on based off of stories told by 11 year olds. I wasn't there so I have don't really know the full story.

Back