All-Star Sm Sr 5 - Who Will Make It To Finals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is it me. or did 90% of the posters who wrote "in no particular order" place the teams in the exact order they think or hope will be the final outcome? haha.

Would you prefer the prestige of winning a division with 6 teams over a division with 74 teams?

NOTE: This is not intended to downplay either division, I am stating that in my opinion winning either is not a "watered down" accomplishment

1.CJA
2.Orlando Angels
3.ECE
4.Green Bay Elite
5.WC Suns
6.Crimson Heat
7.Panthers
8.Cali Sr Elite
9.Small Sr X
10.WeatherGirls
11.Cheer Command Generals
12.Fire And Ice 5Alarm
13.Cheer Corp
14.Stingrays Orange
15.Arizona Power Xtreme
16.Texas Lonestar
17.CC Champs
18.Pacific Coast Magic
19.Cheer Express
20.Cheer Force

Im doing 20.. I can't pick 25 either.

I don't think 25 teams should even get a bid to worlds per division. With so many teams getting a bid to compete in the small senior division it seems to lose its prestige because it seems like any small senior team can get a bid to go =/ JMO though :) good luck to all the teams competing this weekend!
I think it is great so many teams get an opportunity to compete at World's. The bottom line is the best teams will come out on top.

Would you prefer the prestige of winning a division with 6 teams over a division with 74 teams?

NOTE: This is not intended to downplay either division, I am stating that in my opinion winning either is not a "watered down" accomplishment
Of course it is more prestigious to win in a division with 74 teams :) However, I just think It should be harder to get a bid in this division. It seems like anyone can just go. I actually like how Large senior is going to be such a tight competition to just make it to finals this year! Its going to be so exciting! And It means that only the true top teams will be competing in finals.

Of course it is more prestigious to win in a division with 74 teams :) However, I just think It should be harder to get a bid in this division. It seems like anyone can just go. I actually like how Large senior is going to be such a tight competition to just make it to finals this year! Its going to be so exciting! And It means that only the true top teams will be competing in finals.

I want you to know I get your argument, and I've heard it before but it isn't based on any actual scale to compare how hard it is to get a bid in any division. I would guess that there were probably about 100 Sm Sr teams out there that competed and 74 got one bid or another 74%. But there were probably only about 20 large senior teams and 16 got one bid or another 80%.

I just guessed at these numbers but unless you do it that way you can't quantify if any of the divisions are harder to get to Worlds in. What we know is that its easier to field a teams with 20 L5 athletes than 36, so there are more out there. The bottom of any division is still "not worthy" of going to Worlds accord gin to some people.

If you don't like the bid process, make inputs to correct it, but it has to take into account how teams, gyms, event producers all fit into the puzzle. Until then say that teams went to a competition, earned a bid and deserve to be Worlds, and they should be proud of the accomplish.

We should respect whatever performance they work hard to put on the mat.

I want you to know I get your argument, and I've heard it before but it isn't based on any actual scale to compare how hard it is to get a bid in any division. I would guess that there were probably about 100 Sm Sr teams out there that competed and 74 got one bid or another 74%. But there were probably only about 20 large senior teams and 16 got one bid or another 80%.

I just guessed at these numbers but unless you do it that way you can't quantify if any of the divisions are harder to get to Worlds in. What we know is that its easier to field a teams with 20 L5 athletes than 36, so there are more out there. The bottom of any division is still "not worthy" of going to Worlds accord gin to some people.

If you don't like the bid process, make inputs to correct it, but it has to take into account how teams, gyms, event producers all fit into the puzzle. Until then say that teams went to a competition, earned a bid and deserve to be Worlds, and they should be proud of the accomplish.

We should respect whatever performance they work hard to put on the mat.
Well said!

The face that 70+ will perform day 1 and only about 25 will make it to day 2 shows that it is
"prestigious" . If 74 were to perform day 1 and 70 day 2....Then I'd agree with you.

I AGREE THAT WHEN A LOT OF THOSE TEAMS COMING OUT OF PRELIMS THAT MAKE IT TO SEMI ARE GONNA HAVE A LARRRRRRGEEEEE MARGIN GAP...BUT, SOME OF THE TEAMS PICKED ARE STILL A LITTLE NOTICEABLY WEIRD...MEANING TO COME FROM PRELIMS, MAKE IT THROUGH SEMI AND GO TO FINALS....BEATING OUT PAID BID TEAMS FOR A TOP 25/DAY 2 SLOT. BUT I GET WHERE YOUR COMING FROM . :)
hey your caps is onnnn

1)SSX
2)CALI
3)PANTERS
4)CJA
5)WEATHERGIRLS
6)BALTIMORE VIPERS
7)JUST CHEER
8)CHEER FORCE
9)CRIMSON HEAT
10)CHEER COMMAND
11)AZ POWER XTREME