So What Are Your Injuries This Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I personally haven't had an injury (thank god, let it stay this way please) but I witnessed some girl break her wrist trying to do a roundoff backhand spring at practice.

I've had the same injury for four years! lol. I sprained my ankle so many times, and my doctor didn't do anything other than tell me to wear a brace, that it all accumulated and I ended up with stretched tendons, almost torn ligaments, the whole nine yards.
they're trying to do surgery, but I'll literally be out for two years, including physical theraphy and recovery...Im a sophmore...that'd be my junior and senior years of cheer! NOOO WAY!
so I just hobble around in my ankle brace :p

I broke my thumb(-.-). Since then, I have never realised how bad it is not being able to use your thumb on a day to day basis. My doctor said your thumb is half the motor of your hand, this is soooo true. I just got my cast off today, but they put another one straight back on. So im out for another two weeks :(

Be safe this season! xo

Concussion.

We had a fallball tournament (lacrosse) and I play low D. Well, 5 of us stayed back behind the restraining line. I jumped the line completely undetected. My teammate threw me the ball and I had to jump to catch it and shoot. Mid jump a girl ran in front of me to block my shot and knocked me head first into the ground and drove her stick into my ribs. But...I gave her a concussion too. So my pride isn't totally hurt.

i have a messed up
back not sure whats actully wrong with it i just know that i cant bend it far without getting a sharp pain in it
and it shoots into my hip too...but i still do my whole routine

tendinitis in my ankle and a bad back! sad to say but it's not too bad this year :) haha

Just tore my acl and meniscus for the second one in two years. Probably the worst news of my life an definitely a season ender. Doc said one more time and I'm done forever... Kind of a scary thought, I'm slightly afraid to tumble again.

Two broken ribs 1 a few days before regionals.....and performed at regionals and won!.....crazy, I know. The worst pain I've ever experienced. Doing much better now. Still painful after practice.....but hey, I'm a cheerleader :cheering:

Sprained my thumb 2 weeks before European Open, it's healed now, but very weak so that's not good, it doesn't hurt that bad now, but I have to be careful every pratice.

Two broken ribs 1 a few days before regionals.....and performed at regionals and won!.....crazy, I know. The worst pain I've ever experienced. Doing much better now. Still painful after practice.....but hey, I'm a cheerleader :cheering:
Wow thats crazy! I slightly tore my quad muscle the week before State for high school cheer. Worst pain ever, but I survived. Thank god my coach let me take it easy on the tumbling!! I didn't think she would considering we only had 4 days.

Broken index finger. Wouldn't be so bad usually because broken fingers just need a little splint on the individual finger but I broke it near the base, almost at the growth plate and I was stuck with a cast for a month and a half.

5th concussion from messing up some tumbling.. out for 6 months and pretty much done with cheer forever :( worst news of my life

Back