All-Star Stunt Group Gift

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

kksmom

Cheer Parent
Jan 9, 2016
i need opinions please :)

I have a really great picture of my daughter flying in which you can see both bases as well as her back spot' faces. All three faces can be seen nicely!
So my 7 year old said she wants to give this as a gift to each of them at the banquet and she wants it to say something like - thank you for keeping busy me flying all season (or something like that) (we have one more competition so if she goes down we will have to rethink that phrase )...

Anyways... Would that be a nice thing to do or is it still too centered on her since she is the one in the air?

My cp knows that the reason she was able to succeed and do well as a flyer during her first season are those three girl (they have a lot of stunts in their routine and she has these girls in pyramid as well). I know her intentions with this are great but I don't want them to get something and then think... "Oh well it's a pic of you in the air - why did we get this?"...

I am probably overthinking this :/ so what are your thoughts? Would your daughter appreciate / like this?

My kid, who takes pride in being the back spot who never lets her flyer t ouch mat would appreciate this. There are others on our team who would look at it as the flier rubbing it in, so I would say it depends on the kids involved.

I think that's a sweet idea. The bases & back spots take pride in protecting their flyer. It often seems that the flyer gets all the attention. I think this is an AWESOME idea & a great way to show your daughter's appreciation for her teammates!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to do somehting similar for my daughter's stunt group. This is their last comp and she's on a senior team so 2 of her 3 group members are aging out.

I'm struggling with the wording to put with it.

I was thinking something like "I wanted to fly. But because of you I was able to Soar!" or something. IDK

I have a picture, although not the BEST picture I have of them, but it is right before they load into a stunt so she is still on the ground and you can see everyone's faces. I'm thinking of using that one.

Any other suggestions for wording on a gift like this?

Last edited:
cea879f16c1bdfe116ed1aeb1a0d156a.jpg

I think doing something like this with your pic would be great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last season my CP framed a pic of their group and bought them each one of those Varsity cheer pins: beast base, beast backspot. She also wrote each a personal note. They loved it.

Or you could edit the pic so everything is in black and white except for the bases/third?? Would be cute and highlight her bases nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this idea! Have everything in black and white then keeping the bases and back spot in the true uniform colours!

Maybe if you phrase it more like thanks to the best stunt group ever. Rather than thanks for keeping me in the air (which could seem a little self serving)

If the picture focuses more on the bases than the flyer then it will work. You may be able to crop, or edit with color versus black and white. I love the pin idea. A few years back my daughter bought her stunt groups bracelets. They had a black cord and a metal plate with a Chinese symbol on it that stood for strength.

I love the idea, but if you want to highlight the bases maybe you could blur your daughter so the focus of the shot is literally the bases.
I was always a base, and I personally wouldn't want the flyer blurred. I like good pictures of my group. It didn't matter that I wasn't the flyer, it was still my group. Now if the picture were zoomed in only of the flyer that would be a different story, but I think that bases and backs don't see a picture of the flyer they just see their stunt group.

Just another opinion!

Back