Summer Cheer Camps 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 28, 2010
Hey,

I am looking for information about any summer cheerleading camps in the USA for my team from Ireland. Obviously as the cost of travelling is going to be quite substantial to us, we want to make sure we can at least avail of a weeks camp or 10 days, and one that is not too expensive. It would be a mixture of my level 2 junior/senior team members and we are wanting to develop our stunt/tumbling and choreo skills.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Well most camps in the U.S that offer week stays or 10 days are very expensive (for example Woodward is 700+ for ONE participant). Edge cheer and dance camp is one of the only GOOD overnight camps that is cheap. They allow you to make your own custom camp when and where ever you want you have to call them in advanced . I suggest you go on their website http://www.edgecheerdance.com and click on the tab that says private camps . Hope this helped :) good luck.

At this point the camps are all wrapping up, as their staff (mostly college students) are heading back to school this week and next. I think your best bet is to hire out a private camp from a company or choreographer and have them come to you (which would be cheaper).

We are thinking for next year and hiring a choreographer wouldn't us give us the same experience as we want to travel across the pond!

I missed the 2012 part....sorry!

Most camps run by UCA/NCA or other companies usually run 4 days and are held at places like a college campus, hotel/resort, or a camp in the woods (Pine Forest has cabins etc). Some gyms come together to hold a camp where they all stay in hotels near one gym and go to that gym to all work out together, combining coaching staffs to work with everyone. The cheer companies also do a "home camp" option (UCA, NCA, Cheer Ltd) where they send a few instructors to you to teach the summer material, so you wouldn't really get any interaction with other teams.

If you go to a camp run by a company, they have their summer material (dances, cheers) that they teach you.

I should point out that the UCA/NCA camps at a college etc are pretty cheap for the 4 days....about $250 USD for the whole 4 days. That includes your dorm/cabin, meals and instruction.

I know its not in america but ACDC conference is a weekend camp coming up in a month-ish. You pick classes based on your level in tumbling, stunts, tosses and dance (i dont know if you have dance teams), there are coaches classes or you can sit in on any of the cheerleader classes. Tumbling will be taken by Debbie Love. Our kids love it, we stayed over one year but we only live 30 mins away so its just as easy to drive!

Oh Jen now I'm really annoyed I won't be there this year :(
I hope you all have a great conference and I will definitely be there next time birthday or not lol

It's my 30th on the Saturday and I was told in no uncertain terms would I be going away to a conference. Even if I don't want a party everyone else seems to want one. I'm still taking all my classes during the day though lol

Hey,

I am looking for information about any summer cheerleading camps in the USA for my team from Ireland. Obviously as the cost of travelling is going to be quite substantial to us, we want to make sure we can at least avail of a weeks camp or 10 days, and one that is not too expensive. It would be a mixture of my level 2 junior/senior team members and we are wanting to develop our stunt/tumbling and choreo skills.

Any recommendations would be helpful.
Hey! I am a coach in Oregon and we are the Sheldon Irish!! I work with a lot of companies here that could help us perhaps host a camp for your team. It would be amazing to have a "sister" squad across the sea! Please contact me and let's talk if you think you would be interested :) [email protected]

I would say Woodward, but since you're coming out of country that'd be crazy expensive seeing as Woodward is already crazy expensive...maybe beach camp!

Back