All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just taking a Stab in the dark that her temper tantrum on twitter explains so much more about their team placement then anything. I would bet my last $1 the gym is done with dealing with total package mom and her CP was only collateral damage. Nothing to do with her size.

Looks like Suzie's Dad just met his new wife on Twitter! :rolleyes:

This is a serious question - since my cp is 14 and probably 130 lbs, does anyone on here have a 13 year old that weighs around 68 lbs? (I think she said her little darling was 13) That seems pretty underweight to me but I can only go by my own kid.

This is a serious question - since my cp is 14 and probably 130 lbs, does anyone on here have a 13 year old that weighs around 68 lbs? (I think she said her little darling was 13) That seems pretty underweight to me but I can only go by my own kid.
All I kept thinking is a flying spot is determined by more than weight.

I don't know exactly what I weighed at 13, but I was always underweight. I weighed about 90 lb in high school. I could never put on weight no matter if I ate like a "oinker."

All I kept thinking is a flying spot is determined by more than weight.

Absolutely, yes. But her claiming her daughter is 13 and 68 pounds had me thinking, isn't that really under weight? I guess it depends on her height too.

I don't remember exactly what I weight then, but I would imagine it wasn't that much more than that. I'm pretty sure I remember being under 50 pounds at 10 years old. I think I was in the high 80s when I went to college. I think I started puberty later too, so she could be a young 13 year old.

Yes it is totally possible depending on height. My CP will turn 13 on June 18. She only weighs between 64-68 lbs (it fluctuates). However she is also only 4ft 3in tall. She is small by all standards but not at all 'under' weight for her height. She is very strong and has even one-manned a girl weighing about 50lbs. Size is all relative. A weight means nothing without height. Our goal has never ever been to keep her small. She eats nearly twice as much as my other girls but she is also more active. She's just little and we've made our peace with that (on most days :) )

I think it's possible. I do not know this child or the mom or the Twitter. I've seen one or two kids throughout cheer that are that age and could possibly be around 70lbs. They definitely don't look 13, they look about 9. I'm guessing it's more of a late bloomer situation than an underweight situation. And a body type that is very slender.

Or the mom is on crack, that's possible, too.

Last edited:
Yes it is totally possible depending on height. My CP will turn 13 on June 18. She only weighs between 64-68 lbs (it fluctuates). However she is also only 4ft 3in tall. She is small by all standards but not at all 'under' weight for her height. She is very strong and has even one-manned a girl weighing about 50lbs. Size is all relative. A weight means nothing without height. Our goal has never ever been to keep her small. She eats nearly twice as much as my other girls but she is also more active. She's just little and we've made our peace with that (on most days :) )

Well that answers my question. Thank you. :) Like I said, I only have my own daughter to go by.

I have a BFF who is super petite. She probably was like your daughter at 13! And she eats like it's her last meal. Pisses me off. lol

Well that answers my question. Thank you. :) Like I said, I only have my own daughter to go by.

I have a BFF who is super petite. She probably was like your daughter at 13! And she eats like it's her last meal. Pisses me off. lol

Totally agree. I am so NOT small and I think she may eat more than me. LOL she obviously got her father's genes. I tell her I wish I had her problems all the time.

She enjoys flying so in that respect enjoys her smaller size but she also hates it at times. She is on a Senior R5 team. She has been the youngest and smallest on her team for 3 years. She hates that sometimes the older high school kids treat her like a baby. She got really good about speaking up this past season though. I was really proud. They would pick her up to carry her on their hip and she was like No Thanks. We are excited this year she is not the youngest although unfortunately still the smallest. But it just is what it is.

I think it's possible. I do not know this child or the mom or the Twitter. I've seen one or two kids throughout cheer that are that age and could possibly be around 70lbs. They definitely don't look 13, they look about 9. I'm guessing it's more of a late bloomer situation than an underweight situation. And a body type that is very slender.

Or the mom is on crack, that's possible, too.

I'll add that even now, at 27, I fluctuate between underweight and normal according to BMI. I probably was underweight at 13, I know that my entire life I've been under the pink range in the height/weight charts. But my doctors were never very concerned.

Eek. I was curious, so I looked up that hashtag. There's another mom using it to insult her kid's previous gym. Why? :(

I was 70 pounds when I was 13 but I was really small for my age. She might be the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That does seem low to me but possible. My sister is 13 and tall (she's in my picture to the left, almost as tall as me at 5'6" and she's around 115. (She's not big by any means but she's gained some weight this year with poor eating habits, which I told her would catch up to her one day and it's finally starting to)

Back