All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you for this! I'm surprised at any backlash regarding not taking the bid (that we didn't earn). We already had three flyaway comps on our schedule. I think that's quite enough for one season. Honestly, it's the gyms decision to attend or not, not the parents. Who knows, maybe Twinks can snag a paid bid at One Up in TN. Then we can talk Summit with you all.
In the meantime, I wish the best of luck to our Y5 friends that will be in attendance.

Thank you for this! I'm surprised at any backlash regarding not taking the bid (that we didn't earn). We already had three flyaway comps on our schedule. I think that's quite enough for one season. Honestly, it's the gyms decision to attend or not, not the parents. Who knows, maybe Twinks can snag a paid bid at One Up in TN. Then we can talk Summit with you all.
In the meantime, I wish the best of luck to our Y5 friends that will be in attendance.

I totally understand. That would be a really busy (and expensive) schedule! My 10 year old CP was really disappointed when she heard the Twinkles were not going to be there. She was really looking forward to seeing them live and in action!

I hope you'll know that most of us don't really judge the decision...it's more about the approach chosen by the person spouting off about it. ;)

It's crazy to think that stating a fact and why and what the justification behind a team deciding not to attend an event is must be so wrong and distasteful.. For some teams, Summit is not the Super Bowl(football) or World Series (Baseball), but for many cheerleading squads it is still NCA. This could be because Summit is still a young and too new competition, most teams are recognizing winning NCA as worthy of bragging about, hey let's get real, this is a huge achievement, sorry if you take this as being distasteful...I must apologize if we cannot justify attending an event that is so similar and even in the same venue as UCA, my daughter's team was in Disney only 6 weeks prior to Summit and if they attend Summit will compete against the same teams... @amy1k, since a Y5 team deciding not to take an At-Large bid is blasphemy, justify and convince me why it will be practical to attend Summit and paid even more money on hotels, flights and incidentals, if What I say is so wrong, convince me why Summit is such a good thing for my daughter's team at this point in the season?
PS: Paying $$$1200+ to win at the most a $200 dollar ring and more time off from school, for the title of Y5 Summit winner worth it...hmm!

Question: how many Y5s would you be going against if you went? I can see not going if the competition is just not there. Ex: If it's just you guys and say, one other Large Y5. I don't know how many times you can justify air travel to go against 1-2 teams (when you already do that with NCA + Cheersport.)

I hope you'll know that most of us don't really judge the decision...it's more about the approach chosen by the person spouting off about it. ;)
@amy1k , I am being REAL and RAW with you, I refuse to sit on here and sugar coat anything and try to find delicate words. I guess @littlestALLSTAR can provide that tenderness you craving...

PS: Don't kill the messenger because you don't agree with the message--Hey, the message will still be the same...

Question: how many Y5s would you be going against if you went? I can see not going if the competition is just not there. Ex: If it's just you guys and say, one other Large Y5. I don't know how many times you can justify air travel to go against 1-2 teams (when you already do that with NCA + Cheersport.)

@oncecoolcoachnowmom Based on what I'm reading on the boards ECE, Youth Elite, ICE and Cheersport Sharks Y5s are all traveling to Summit Im not certain about Stingrays. Yes, it would be amazing if we could all be in attendance, but mid season rule changes don't necessarily equate mid season schedule changes for everyone. I'm sad we can't be there to represent WC, but it just isn't feasable at this point. Not for me at least!

@amy1k , I am being REAL and RAW with you, I refuse to sit on here and sugar coat anything and try to find delicate words. I guess @littlestALLSTAR can provide that tenderness you craving...

PS: Don't kill the messenger because you don't agree with the message--Hey, the message will still be the same...

I don't even know what you're talking about.

So what exactly is the message? Because you have been talking out of both sides of your mouth on the whole Y5 debacle since they were all given those Wild Card bids to begin with. Taunting almost. So just say it loud and proud and let all that passive aggressive stuff go.

Seriously! I'm so confused. Lol! I literally went back to read all of my posts in this thread and could only find one thing that could be offensive. Well, two of you count my saying I didn't understand why lack of competition would be the issue with attending. It makes much more sense what the other Twinkles parent said...that they weren't going to attend either way. But, the part explaining that the Summit is no Super Bowl??? What??? Haha! Get outta here.

And telling us all about how your kid's team already kicked all the booty, so no more booty kicking is necessary? I just can't. Lol!

@oncecoolcoachnowmom Based on what I'm reading on the boards ECE, Youth Elite, ICE and Cheersport Sharks Y5s are all traveling to Summit Im not certain about Stingrays. Yes, it would be amazing if we could all be in attendance, but mid season rule changes don't necessarily equate mid season schedule changes for everyone. I'm sad we can't be there to represent WC, but it just isn't feasable at this point. Not for me at least!

This makes sense. You couldn't very well just ADD a comp at the last minute because the rules changed (kids have school, you JUST had to fly to NCA not too long ago, you don't have a money tree in the yard, etc.)

This is so unnecessary and extra. [emoji19]

..... And confusing.

The irony of giving a reason that there isn't any competition when it will be the most heavily attended Y5 event of the season :confused:

And the "kicked all the booty" comment... Twinks are amazing, but I'm pretty sure they aren't undefeated this year. And that isn't exactly the World Cup culture from what I know of the program.

Glad we got the more reasonable explanation. Thank you @littlestALLSTAR !

Latest posts

Back