All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What bothers me is when basically the same team competes two routines. You shouldn't be allowed to have more than a few crossovers. -_-
We have teams that started in summer with 2 cross competers. Throughout the year we've lost lots of athletes from various teams due to injuries, illness, ego, money, you name it it's probably happened. Because various athletes have left one at a time the coaches would pull an athlete from one team to fill a spot which has resulted in serveral crossovers on several teams. I could see outsiders viewing it as stacking a team but I don't think it's intentional. These routines were designed with x amount of kids. You bring in a replacement have them pay comp fees then you lose another a month later & so on. We're a small gym with only 4 teams which without crossovers would probably be all less than 10 athletes on each team by now. I'm sure we're one of those teams people are talking about but all we care about is remaining a united cheer family. We support each other and we're having fun. We have yet to earn an elusive D2 summit bid but we still have 2 comps left.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We went to a comp this past weekend with primarily small gyms and one definite big gym. There were Wildcards for Orlando and 2 D2 bids for Tampa. My understanding is the teams had to declare ahead of time what bids they would accept. There was no way of knowing ahead of time (from the schedule) who was accepting what bids. You just had to wait for awards :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
As GemsMom knows, our small gym teams were at the same comp. I didn't know which gyms were going for which bids, either, but I sort of assumed most of the gyms were going for D2 bids since most were small. Since the really big gym only entered 2 teams, I'd assumed it was to get Orlando bids (which they got). But there was a 3rd WC bid for Orlando given to a gym where the size may or may not be < or > 125.

We have teams that started in summer with 2 cross competers. Throughout the year we've lost lots of athletes from various teams due to injuries, illness, ego, money, you name it it's probably happened. Because various athletes have left one at a time the coaches would pull an athlete from one team to fill a spot which has resulted in serveral crossovers on several teams. I could see outsiders viewing it as stacking a team but I don't think it's intentional. These routines were designed with x amount of kids. You bring in a replacement have them pay comp fees then you lose another a month later & so on. We're a small gym with only 4 teams which without crossovers would probably be all less than 10 athletes on each team by now. I'm sure we're one of those teams people are talking about but all we care about is remaining a united cheer family. We support each other and we're having fun. We have yet to earn an elusive D2 summit bid but we still have 2 comps left.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Things happen and you end up with holes in routines and you have to pull people onto teams and that for me isnt stacking. It has happened to every gym (I would assume) including mine and you have to do what you can to keep the teams going and sometimes that means pulling multiple crossovers onto a team. I hope you guys have a great rest of your season and you get a bid!!!

Does anyone know, if a team already has a D2 wildcard bid, can they turn around and try to win a regular summit wildcard bid at a different comp? What about if they have a D2 at large or paid, they can only then accept a regular summit paid bid right? Just curious....haven't seen anyone doing it or anything but we are grouped with D2 at our next comp so I'm curious how many of them who have D2 bids now could be going for the few bids regular summit bids that will be there.
D2 offers At Large and Paid Bids

If a team has a D2 bid, they can only upgrade to a Paid Summit Bid (Orlando or D2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2 offers At Large and Paid Bids

If a team has a D2 bid, they can only upgrade to a Paid Summit Bid (Orlando or D2)

Do they HAVE to have a d2 bid first or can't get go for a d1 outright (to begin with) by going into a comp with a declaration of only accepting a d1 bid?

Do they HAVE to have a d2 bid first or can't get go for a d1 outright (to begin with) by going into a comp with a declaration of only accepting a d1 bid?

Yes, any team can go for a D1 bid at any point in the season. With the exception of going for a D1 WC/AL bid when they already have a D2 AL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They can go for any bid they'd like.

The only teams restricted from bids (who don't have one already) are gyms over 125 athletes going for D2 bids.

I wish that comps with summit bids would post day one standings like they do for worlds bids

I know athletic championships used to make a dropbox for coaches and you could check scores on there throughout the day.

Platinum Athletics Cheer (NY) Large Junior 3 just received a wildcard bid from American Cheer Power in Trenton, NJ. We are very very excited!!

Congrats!!

D2 bids from American cheer power in Trenton
Youth 3 upper Merion Allstars
Vortex junior 3
Monmouth cheer academy senior not sure level

Wild card bids
Small youth 1 premier stars #dream (so excited for my cp and her team)
Junior posted above
Not sure who got senior bid?

I have a question if anyone knows: if a Varsity comp says it is giving out D1 Summit bids for 1 youth, 1 Jr & 1 Sr team, and there's only one D1 Youth team attending, will they give the bid to the youth team regardless of their score?

I have a question if anyone knows: if a Varsity comp says it is giving out D1 Summit bids for 1 youth, 1 Jr & 1 Sr team, and there's only one D1 Youth team attending, will they give the bid to the youth team regardless of their score?

It goes to the highest scoring first place youth team regardless of level. So if there is only 1 y1 team they are still against y2-y5. I misread lol like usual. I would assume that youth team would get the bid. But not 100% sure.

Back