All-Star Tanning Advice For Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Spray tan vs self tanning

• Total voters
so, super stupid question- I've never used self tanner for me or CP- but do you do the face as well? Some pics make it look like they don't do their face and some are apparently heavily tanned. Any tricks to make it look semi-natural? I hate to even start venturing down this road but am tempted to try one of the recommended brands :confused:

When I have a spray tan at the salon they spray my face with a couple coats (not as many as my body) but it obviously comes off faster because you wash there and your hands the most. So I just use a darker foundation for when I'm tanned,

Then when I self tan I don't put it on my face (mainly because I know I'll get it wrong) so I just use a dark foundation- I think it depends on how sensitive the skin of the person is too xo

@auscheerflyer use Bondi Sands dark wash off tan. I used it for nationals and it didn't come off and my backspot was fine with it. All Bondi Sands tanning products are great. After comps I use Sugarbaby because it smells great and is super moisturising. I've also started using Tan by Lucy Lane which is organic and you can get through SOST (same stuff Sarah uses but take home version).

I'm torn between wanting to be tan, and knowing skin is the largest organ of the body- putting chemicals all over your skin doesn't seem like a smart idea. Organic tan makes me feel better about it.

@auscheerflyer use Bondi Sands dark wash off tan. I used it for nationals and it didn't come off and my backspot was fine with it. All Bondi Sands tanning products are great. After comps I use Sugarbaby because it smells great and is super moisturising. I've also started using Tan by Lucy Lane which is organic and you can get through SOST (same stuff Sarah uses but take home version).

I'm torn between wanting to be tan, and knowing skin is the largest organ of the body- putting chemicals all over your skin doesn't seem like a smart idea. Organic tan makes me feel better about it.

hmmm Bondi Sands dark is the one I use, maybe I'm not leaving it on long enough or applying it incorrectly? I totally agree, I stopped using all tanning products when I was pregnant cause I worried about the chemicals and I think that was the first time I'd seen my natural colour in years lol.

hmmm Bondi Sands dark is the one I use, maybe I'm not leaving it on long enough or applying it incorrectly? I totally agree, I stopped using all tanning products when I was pregnant cause I worried about the chemicals and I think that was the first time I'd seen my natural colour in years lol.
The one that washes off (similar to SH airbrush legs) is the one I'm talking about. So dark. So very very dark.

My absolute favorite is the quick tan body drench from Sally's. I sprayed myself once the morning of the competition and was as dark as team mates who got spray tans from the salon. It didn't streak, dries instantly (doesn't stick at all!) and actually smells really good. I love it!

Does anyone have any before/after pics of spray tanning?
I'm considering hosting a spray tanning party before comp but I'm afraid, I'll come out of it looking like a burned chicken nugget. xD
The paint looks soooo dark on most pics or videos, I've seen. :confused:
I think we should add that to the Fierceboard feast!

No, you are not alone. Cp on the other hand does not agree with us. The funny thing is, I am not against being tan. I personally feel healthier when I have some color. I am in just in protest of an industry that no matter how much it says has nothing to do with the pageant world and wants no association with it whatsoever for some reason just can't separate itself from it.
i know exactly what you mean. i push for athleticism over EVERYTHING when stuff like tanning & nails start to get in the way of performance. I'm guilty of threatening the team with slicked back ponys when they start to focus more on not ruining their hair than warming up.

Thought this was an interesting post from a local gym. We offer spray tans at our gym before NCA but it's never advertised quite like this. I actually don't think ours is posted about on social media at all, just advertised through gym emails.
519989f2f8e201012b97f7754c2f13be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who could give Gandalf the White a run for his money in the dead of winter (minus the Dumbledore look) I would feel very uncomfortable if my gym posted this. I do not think a gym should be making comments about their athletes' appearances unless they show up to competition looking like they are homeless. Or if their make-up/hair/clothing isn't part of the competition dress code. Maybe others will disagree with me on this. Their post could've been worded a lot better IMO.

ETA: I would like to retract my Gandalf the White comparison and use Khaleesi instead. Because she is perfection and I strive to be her. Ok that's it.

(Ignore my nerd side leaking out.)

Getting a spray tan tonight at a place with a versa spa booth( I think that's what you call it) for cheersport. Hoping it turns out good

Back