All-Star Team Punishment?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our (large, well known) gym is super inconsistent on this subject. Last year our team conditioned for people being late, no practice wear, stunts falling, among other reasons. The girls didn't like it but they were in awesome shape, their skills were sharp and they really encouraged each other. This year, nothing. Girls miss without texting or emailing and the coaches joke about it. No practice wear, no problem. Back talk the coach, walk off the floor, nothing happens. Can't make it to a comp? Ok, we'll work it out. It is ridiculous and the whole team suffers.
That's unfortunate. Is there a new coach this year?

Once my team got in major trouble and my coach revived a practice she had originally cancelled to go to some cheer conference thing and made us condition the entire 3 hours. I thought I was going to die. 100% worst practice of my life lol.
In regular situations we just conditioned as a punishment when we dropped stunts and obvious stuff like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once my team got in major trouble and my coach revived a practice she had originally cancelled to go to some cheer conference thing and made us condition the entire 3 hours. I thought I was going to die. 100% worst practice of my life lol.
In regular situations we just conditioned as a punishment when we dropped stunts and obvious stuff like that

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!? What could be so bad to make your coach do that. How do you even run for 3 hours straight

Exactly. There is the "I'm sorry, there's a massive accident and I'm going to be late" excuse. Then there's the "I'm sorry, I know my job doesn't let me off before 5 PM and I don't even look for a different ride for my child." I had quite a few parents on my team that thought "on time" was 15 minutes after practice started. I don't care that your boss keeps you late. You put your child in this activity, it's your job to find someone who can get them to practice on time.

ETA: What frustrates me even more is that I have had parents that go above and beyond to get their kids to practice. They've hired drivers, sent their kid with another parent, called their 80 year old grandma, etc. etc.
Its always possible to get to practice on time there is never an excuse (except in rare events but usually never). I hate when people make up excuses

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!? What could be so bad to make your coach do that. How do you even run for 3 hours straight
We'd decorate a banner for the football games and the two girls who were in charge of it wrote "Send the Devils back to h***" and let it go out there like that. The entire team got in sooo much trouble. We had to write 3 apology letters & talk to the principal. We did a lot more than run- like ab circuits and jump conditioning and like a set number of back handsprings or whatever. The jump conditioning was the worst lol it wasn't easy but definitely deserved it- that was awful

We do circle of death after practice for talking in full outs (like chatting - not an encouraging talk before tumbling pass), talking back or rolling eyes. And if someone is just plain giving up on a stunt and doesn't fight. We did one this seasons so far, and i think there may be one or two more till tryouts, but not more.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I do "team punishment" for my Youth 1's and my Senior 3's and my Coed 5's. People may not see why this works or is a good thing, but I can tell you that all of my athletes from my Junior 1 last year and Senior 2 last year, are FANTASTIC athletes on Junior 2 and Senior 3 because of it. Not only are they physically stronger, but they are emotionally stronger, they are better athletes, they are more coachable, and from what I have been told, they are doing better in school and the socially awkward ones are less socially awkward.
Why those three specific teams and not any others?

Why those three specific teams and not any others?
Maybe he doesn't like uneven numbers [emoji6]
Or these were just examples. Or these teams have really annoying parents.
Sorry, just kidding [emoji4]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

We'd decorate a banner for the football games and the two girls who were in charge of it wrote "Send the Devils back to h***" and let it go out there like that. The entire team got in sooo much trouble. We had to write 3 apology letters & talk to the principal. We did a lot more than run- like ab circuits and jump conditioning and like a set number of back handsprings or whatever. The jump conditioning was the worst lol it wasn't easy but definitely deserved it- that was awful

Wow...

Right! I wasn't working on the billboard that week and I was shocked when I saw it out there on Friday night. It was sooooo embarrassing.

ETA: I guess they didn't think anyone but the players would see it, since we always put a sponsor on the front and a saying on the back side for the players. But people def saw it before the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Back