All-Star The D1 & D2 Summit 2016 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Really happy for charmers! You could tell they were really nervous and they had a few problems, but over all it was an amazing routine!

So if you are the only one in your division in wildcard you get a free advance to finals?! So basically you got a test run of judges opinions, you skip the semi finals and avoid being cut and get to go after the 1st place team on final day that actually beat people to make it to finals?!

Got it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure if I like or dislike the Wild Card round. It sucks that there are some divisions that have 1 team while other divisions have 30+ teams. And it sucks that everyone else has to actually compete for their spot in finals when there was only one team in the WC that automatically moves on. Although, I believe there are a few semi-final divisions where everyone moves on to finals. But having only one WC in your division is uncontrollable luck. That team earned their bid by being one of the best teams at a competition, just as the teams in the semi-final round did. There were some phenomenal WC teams last year that ended up Summit winners. I am sure we will see the same thing happen this year.

D1

Small Senior Restricted Coed 5
1 Brandon All Stars - Senior Midnight - Advanced to Finals
2 Charlotte Allstars - Storm - Advanced to Semis
3 Bay State All Stars - Chill
4 Peak Athletics
5 Cheer Extreme Richmond - X5
6 EC Cats - Jags

Small Youth 4
1 Cheer Athletics - WonderKatz - Advanced to Finals
2 Woodlands Elite - Stealth - Advanced to Semis
3 Goldstar - Glitz

Large Youth 4
1 Cheer Extreme Charlotte - Fireflies - Advanced to Finals
2 Cheer Extreme Raleigh - Youth X/Sharkbite - Advanced to Semis

Small Senior Coed 4.2
1 Icon Cheer - Advanced to Finals
2 Royal Cheer Academy - Pearl - Advanced to Semis

Large Senior Coed 4.2
1 Cheer Extreme Raleigh - Angels - Advanced to Finals

Large Senior 4.2
1 Cheer Extreme - Spotlight - Advanced to Finals
2 CC Champs - Power - Advanced to Semis

I am not sure if I like or dislike the Wild Card round. It sucks that there are some divisions that have 1 team while other divisions have 30+ teams. And it sucks that everyone else has to actually compete for their spot in finals when there was only one team in the WC that automatically moves on. Although, I believe there are a few semi-final divisions where everyone moves on to finals. But having only one WC in your division is uncontrollable luck. That team earned their bid by being one of the best teams at a competition, just as the teams in the semi-final round did. There were some phenomenal WC teams last year that ended up Summit winners. I am sure we will see the same thing happen this year.
I agree. And I understand it is not ok to change the rules and if we just had luck like that and end up in a 1 team division I wouldn't want the rule changed on me when it is something different originally. But next year I think if there is only 1 team in the division they should only get a free advance to semis.

And if two teams only one should advance.

With more than 4 teams I don't mind it the way it is. And I honestly feel bad for teams with 20 plus in their division in wildcard only getting the two teams advancing. I understand it's a risk you take and it probably all evens itself out. Some being more fair than others.

I just don't know that they should get to go last on Sunday if they got a finals pass. But it probably doesn't make a big difference!

I agree. And I understand it is not ok to change the rules and if we just had luck like that and end up in a 1 team division I wouldn't want the rule changed on me when it is something different originally. But next year I think if there is only 1 team in the division they should only get a free advance to semis.

And if two teams only one should advance.

With more than 4 teams I don't mind it the way it is. And I honestly feel bad for teams with 20 plus in their division in wildcard only getting the two teams advancing. I understand it's a risk you take and it probably all evens itself out. Some being more fair than others.

I just don't know that they should get to go last on Sunday if they got a finals pass. But it probably doesn't make a big difference!

Do WC winners get to go last on Sunday? I didn't know that. I definitely don't like that.

Does anyone know how fast results will be posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Results are being posted relatively soon after the reveals.

ETA: At least for D1, I haven't seen anything posted for D2 yet.

Back