OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I'm sure this has been asked before. I know that they record aldc dances twice, once for judging and the other for tv. Is there a reason why they don't attend bigger more well known comps? And I have to wonder if it's because those comps won't allow the tv cameras, etc.
I agree maddie has talent but she seems to never really compete solo wise against girls with the same level of talent in my opinion.

I'm sure this has been asked before. I know that they record aldc dances twice, once for judging and the other for tv. Is there a reason why they don't attend bigger more well known comps? And I have to wonder if it's because those comps won't allow the tv cameras, etc.
I agree maddie has talent but she seems to never really compete solo wise against girls with the same level of talent in my opinion.

Maybe they don't know about The Dance Worlds.

It is a reality show, that is scripted obviously. I don't think we as parents would let our daughters b verbally abused by their teacher/coach. It is crazy how she puts down those kids. If my cps coach pulled the competition like Abby did I would be fuming! After paying all that $ to enter.

They basically got banned from real competitions after the first season. Now they basically use the same event producers over and over and lifetime invites teams to come compete against them

And by banned, I mean banned from filming. You can go on the ALDC website and see the results from the real competitions that the other teams have competed at. Occasionally the dance moms team will compete with them when they aren't filming. For instance (I don't remember exactly any more but I mentioned it previously in this thread) they once did a group number for a real completion and Chloe doesn't compete because she either isn't or at the time wasn't part of ALDC.

A lot of dance competitions don't want to be associated with the show

However, ALDC does compete outside of dance moms and they compete at more well known competitions. For example Maddie competed at Nuvo against Brynn from Club Dance and she got 2nd

Actually I wonder if Maddie is as sweet, nice, humble etc as she used to be or if her "fame" is going to her head

She's made some smart butt comments in the interviews they kind of made me side eye her.

And then in last weeks episode when she was sitting on the floor with Chloe and Kendall. I can't remember exactly what was sad but I know maddie's reaction...especially her facial relation gave me a "what a meanie" vibe

Very true!!! Kendall and Chloe were discussing who they thought would get the solo between them and Maddie was making faces and said "well it's my solo!" It was bratty definitely

The reason why those competitions doesn't want to be associated with the tv show is because it would be supporting the way Abby uses those poor children. If you look at the rules in those types of competitions, they don't allow fighting, and anything else that shows harmful behavior.

Last edited:
I always wondered bc when they do awards there aren't very many teams up on the stage with them most of the time. Maybe 5 other teams?? That just didn't seem like very many teams for a competition so it makes sense that they are put on by lifetime. I keep saying I'm not going to watch the show anymore bc of how horrible Abby is but I can't stop. She is seriously a terrible person though.

I always wondered bc when they do awards there aren't very many teams up on the stage with them most of the time. Maybe 5 other teams?? That just didn't seem like very many teams for a competition so it makes sense that they are put on by lifetime. I keep saying I'm not going to watch the show anymore bc of how horrible Abby is but I can't stop. She is seriously a terrible person though.
I've held true to my word and not watched this season. I do miss it a little but the one time I decided to try and catch up it made my head hurt and I turned it off.

I didn't watch the entire Season three until like the last two episodes because the drama was getting crazy and obnoxious. But then I started missing seeing the girls dance and such so I decided to tune in for Season Four. I thought season three was bad. Season Four should get first place for the most dramatic reality TV show. If season four is like this, God knows what season five is looking like. Season five is supposed to be aired beginning of October. It was said by Abby at a meet and greet just forgot which one. =/

ehh, its kinda sad, abby has these girls thinking they are the best of the best and they have all these national titles. when in reality the network is creating fake competitions just so the girls can win. i get it now as to why they dont compete at others cause of the cameras, but still. your creating fake comps, and more then likely inviting mediocre talent in order for your girls to have an edge. i mean when the girls get older and look back they're probably gonna be like "hey i have all these titles that dont even really mean anything".......
its really not doing the girls any good, i mean your dancing never improves because they never see any of the amazing talent that is out there like sophia, autumn miller, etc.

I didn't watch the entire Season three until like the last two episodes because the drama was getting crazy and obnoxious. But then I started missing seeing the girls dance and such so I decided to tune in for Season Four. I thought season three was bad. Season Four should get first place for the most dramatic reality TV show. If season four is like this, God knows what season five is looking like. Season five is supposed to be aired beginning of October. It was said by Abby at a meet and greet just forgot which one. =/
Their contracts only go for 4 seasons, so who knows what will happen in season 5 or if there will even be one. I can't see it starting in October since they just started the second half of season 4 a few weeks ago... That's their way of extending the show. Oh, they're only tied in for 4 seasons? We'll just make super long seasons with a giant hiatus mid season

I thought I heard they had to resign a new contract for upcoming seasons and Kira/Kilani didn't return for season 4 because they didn't agree with the contract. I can't imagine Christi resigning since Chloe doesn't even dance at ALDC anymore but maybe something she signed prior is forcing her to continue after this season?

Their contracts only go for 4 seasons, so who knows what will happen in season 5 or if there will even be one. I can't see it starting in October since they just started the second half of season 4 a few weeks ago... That's their way of extending the show. Oh, they're only tied in for 4 seasons? We'll just make super long seasons with a giant hiatus mid season
I only said that because that's what I heard at a meet and greet that I watched on youTube from Abby.

Very true!!! Kendall and Chloe were discussing who they thought would get the solo between them and Maddie was making faces and said "well it's my solo!" It was bratty definitely

Yeah I went back and re watched that part to make sure I wasn't reading too much into it, but no her response is bratty.

Also from that conversation I can kind of tell that Chloe is more mature about the situation while Kendall is still waiting for these "opportunities" her mother speaks of.

Latest posts

Back