OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I can't picture any of the other girls doing the video (Probably because once you see MAddie in it you can't imagine it any other way)

But going thru the list is very Goldilocks and the 3 Bears

Too tall

Too short

Too Kendall

Too Nia.

"Too Kendall. Too Nia.

Lmao, that's great. But you're right, I did the same thing too, trying to place others in and Maddie seemed a better fit.

MacKenzie is too tiny, too cute, and too innocent to ever portray the correct emotions. I thought Chloe could do it but again the emotion. She is so graceful and long and beautiful, she belongs in a ballet troupe rather than a Sia video. Her dance style seems too refined for the moves the Sia video needed. Maddie does such a great job with the "manic" emotion and I couldn't see anyone doing as good a job at that alone as her... and without the faces she makes and the less than graceful moves she does I don't think the video would've been as hard hitting as it was. It was really raw and I loved that.

Side note - I don't get the hype over Kendall's dancing. I can not see her as "the next Maddie". She always looks awkward dancing but maybe it's just me. She always looks ditzy or a deer caught in headlights. Or maybe I just adore Chloe way too much.

I follow Christi (Chloe's mom) on twitter and she said they edited the show to make it seem like they were talking about the Sia video opportunity when in reality they were discussing another event called "Cabaret for a Cause" in NYC. Sia never even contacted Abby(source: Sia's twitter). She contacted Maddie's manager directly and even DM'd Maddie on twitter. Abby nor the studio was part of the booking process.

-_- see, Dance Moms is the reason I have trust issues. Wait, Maddie has a manager??? Since when?? I should've known! And by 'manager' I really hope you don't mean 'momager'....

Side note - I don't get the hype over Kendall's dancing. I can not see her as "the next Maddie". She always looks awkward dancing but maybe it's just me. She always looks ditzy or a deer caught in headlights. Or maybe I just adore Chloe way too much.

Kendall's REALLY improved since the first time we saw her. Like, really improved. I applaud her for working hard to achieve her goals, but honestly, she's just another dancer.

Did anyone see tonight's episode? Ava looks scarily thin. I am a little less woried seeing what her mom's frame is like, but even still.

Yep :) I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED!! Her mother looks quite skinny... Maybe it runs in the family? Who knows.

Did anyone see tonight's episode? Ava looks scarily thin. I am a little less woried seeing what her mom's frame is like, but even still.

Just watched it but yes, Ava does look extremely scary thin. I can't imagine there's any fat whatsoever on her body. I know people are naturally thin but I don't know if I'd say that is "naturally thin." And I kinda agree with Abby about Ava's arms, they do kind flail around and draw negative attention.

I was so happy for Nia this episode. I adore that girl. But I am not happy with what Abby says to her in the previews for the next episode.

Just watched it but yes, Ava does look extremely scary thin. I can't imagine there's any fat whatsoever on her body. I know people are naturally thin but I don't know if I'd say that is "naturally thin." And I kinda agree with Abby about Ava's arms, they do kind flail around and draw negative attention.

I was so happy for Nia this episode. I adore that girl. But I am not happy with what Abby says to her in the previews for the next episode.

There is being thin but Ava looks naturally I know dancers are meant to be slim but it does bother me how thin ava seems.

I am going to compare chloe to ava just because they both have long limbs and are tall chloe is slender but looks a healthy weight it just doesnt seem right

There is being thin but Ava looks naturally I know dancers are meant to be slim but it does bother me how thin ava seems.

I am going to compare chloe to ava just because they both have long limbs and are tall chloe is slender but looks a healthy weight it just doesnt seem right

That is a good comparison. I gasped when we saw Ava's back. Her costume was much lower this week than we have seen before and her bones seemed to be protruding. I hope that she someone intervenes and helps if she truly needs it.

That is a good comparison. I gasped when we saw Ava's back. Her costume was much lower this week than we have seen before and her bones seemed to be protruding. I hope that she someone intervenes and helps if she truly needs it.

I was on youtube and there were lots of comments saying that she is young that it is normal for some dancers and she is pure muscle but it just doesnt sit right with me.

Also the costume did no favours. if ribs are showing that is normally ok as with well defined shoulders but that was an extreme if I ever saw one and I hope they is no underlying issues

A few years ago, if I saw Ava's body I would have the same shocked and worried response. Then I met my current boyfriend, who could probably be Ava's body double... I love him, but he's built like a bundle of twigs. He's got something like 4% body fat, which is fueled by his lifestyle of Taco Bell and Xbox. So yes, there are dancers who have eating disorders, but there are a lot of people who are just naturally that thin.

A few years ago, if I saw Ava's body I would have the same shocked and worried response. Then I met my current boyfriend, who could probably be Ava's body double... I love him, but he's built like a bundle of twigs. He's got something like 4% body fat, which is fueled by his lifestyle of Taco Bell and Xbox. So yes, there are dancers who have eating disorders, but there are a lot of people who are just naturally that thin.

I am naturally thin. Almost too skinny. I have never had an eating disorder.

My son grew up his entire life so skinny you can see his ribs through his back. I always swore to people he ate like a PIG! He is still to this day a extremely tall, linky guy. Can still see his ribs. Some people truly are just built that way.

Back