OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I want to believe that she's not actually as skinny (I hate that word..) as I think she is and that it is more of the angle of the camera. But I have noticed a difference in her weight lately. Good for her though, that's great.

I also want to believe that this is Abby in a parallel universe. But good for her :)

ETA: I really need to catch up on DM. I haven't watched last week's and I think the week before's episodes. I can't remember though :confused:

I saw Abby last Friday on The .....Talk or Real or View....or whatever. I can't keep all of my day time talk show shows straight anymore.

Anyway she was the same sized Abby, and it was a current episode (filmed and aired last Friday)

I saw Abby last Friday on The .....Talk or Real or View....or whatever. I can't keep all of my day time talk show shows straight anymore.

Anyway she was the same sized Abby, and it was a current episode (filmed and aired last Friday)

Thanks! I think I have to figure out how to stand like she does for photos. I am "abbysized" and would love to look like that irl or a photo just once ;)

Thanks! I think I have to figure out how to stand like she does for photos. I am "abbysized" and would love to look like that irl or a photo just once ;)

I dk she may have lost a little bit of weight.....or her face is contoured extremely well. On her instagram she strategically poses behind everyone..:maybe to hide weight loss or maybe to look skinnier?

I just know last week on TV she looked the same and this season of dance moms wrapped in June and that's a lot of weight to lose in 2 1/2 months

Christ-y (Sarah's mom) drives me up a wall. She was saying how Sarah is just holding on tight because she's constantly kicked off then brought back then kicked off again. Does she even realize that she is doing this to her kid? I don't think she does. And poor Sarah seems like she's been coddled by her mom for so long that she can't go places on her own without her. Lord almighty.

Anyways, I hold such a special place in my heart for Nia and Chloe and seeing them cry is the absolute worst.

Next week looks interest to say the least.

Last nights episode seemed very fake to me - I don't believe any of the storyline about Chloe being hurt. Since she's not an ALDC member, she probably wasn't allowed to dance in the showcase so they made up the whole thing about her foot. A few years prior Paige danced in a boot at the concert (or at least was going to), so it makes no sense. Those tears of Chloe's actually looked physically fake too - almost like they were drops staged to fall down her face.

I felt that was very rude when Nia said "we know that Abby doesn't always pick the best dancer" in front of the others in the dressing room. She wins one competition and is already getting an attitude. Her saying that implies to all the others that just because they have been picked by Abby at other times, actually others were better then them.

Last nights episode seemed very fake to me - I don't believe any of the storyline about Chloe being hurt. Since she's not an ALDC member, she probably wasn't allowed to dance in the showcase so they made up the whole thing about her foot. A few years prior Paige danced in a boot at the concert (or at least was going to), so it makes no sense. Those tears of Chloe's actually looked physically fake too - almost like they were drops staged to fall down her face.

I felt that was very rude when Nia said "we know that Abby doesn't always pick the best dancer" in front of the others in the dressing room. She wins one competition and is already getting an attitude. Her saying that implies to all the others that just because they have been picked by Abby at other times, actually others were better then them.

I didn't think that Nia's statement was rude but for me it did verify that Nia is completely oblivious to the elephant in the room...that she actually is not a good dancer. It would have made more sense to say that Abby would just pick her favorites, since that's what Abby does

But I've already tweeted Dr. Holly once and encouraged her to put Nia into all star cheer but Dr. holly replied and said Nia did pop warner cheer and I was like that's not what I meant but I'm done trying to help yall.

I'm ready to see next weeks episode and why Maddie's dance wasnt scored at Nationals.

Last edited:
I didn't think that Nia's statement was rude but for me it did verify that Nia is completely oblivious to the elephant in the room...that she actually is not a good dancer. It would have made more sense to say that Abby would just pick her favorites, since that's what Abby does

I'm ready to see next weeks episode and why Maddie's dance wasnt scored at Nationals

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but if my CP had something like that in a dance dressing room I would be quite upset with her - I hope she'd know better, but you never know ;/. You always have to be very careful what you say around fellow solo competitors in dance (scoring is so subjective, the number scores are so very close, and you have best friends going head to head against each other - it just has so much potential to get emotional), and IMO a comment like what Nia said was very out of line. She may have meant something totally different, but the way someone COULD have taken her comment was that Nia thinks that the people who Abby picks to do solos really aren't the best dancers. So someone who is frequently picked to do solos (which is basically anyone BUT Nia) hears that and takes it as Nia doesn't think I am a good dancer and that Abby is picking me to do solos for other reasons than my dance ability. It's just the kind of remark that can linger around in the back of those girls and mothers' heads for a long time and lead to future drama.

What Nia said would be the equivalent of a cheerleader saying "you know the coach doesn't always pick the most flexible and tight in the air girls to be our flyers", or "you know that it's not always the best tumblers that have a tumbling pass". Every flyer and person w/ a tumbling pass would really take some silent offense to a remark like that even if they didn't show it at the time.

You just don't say things like that where everyone can hear you, and especially not in the dressing room when everyone is in the middle of a performance. I was just really shocked when Nia said that.

I might have to rewatch that scene but I thought Nia's comment was a reaction to the fact that the other girl was not called out for falling by Abby.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but if my CP had something like that in a dance dressing room I would be quite upset with her - I hope she'd know better, but you never know ;/. You always have to be very careful what you say around fellow solo competitors in dance (scoring is so subjective, the number scores are so very close, and you have best friends going head to head against each other - it just has so much potential to get emotional), and IMO a comment like what Nia said was very out of line. She may have meant something totally different, but the way someone COULD have taken her comment was that Nia thinks that the people who Abby picks to do solos really aren't the best dancers. So someone who is frequently picked to do solos (which is basically anyone BUT Nia) hears that and takes it as Nia doesn't think I am a good dancer and that Abby is picking me to do solos for other reasons than my dance ability. It's just the kind of remark that can linger around in the back of those girls and mothers' heads for a long time and lead to future drama.

What Nia said would be the equivalent of a cheerleader saying "you know the coach doesn't always pick the most flexible and tight in the air girls to be our flyers", or "you know that it's not always the best tumblers that have a tumbling pass". Every flyer and person w/ a tumbling pass would really take some silent offense to a remark like that even if they didn't show it at the time.

You just don't say things like that where everyone can hear you, and especially not in the dressing room when everyone is in the middle of a performance. I was just really shocked when Nia said that.

I think you're over thinking it, like if these were "normal" children I'd agree with your point now, but since they aren't.... I think that those kids have had these "injustices" drilled into their heads and gassed up by their mama's and "fans" on social media to the point that none of them can tell what is real and what is fake. I don't see any of the other kids taking offense by what Nia said...because they're all aware that Nia has painfully terrible technique and is not on their level. They're friends...but at the end of the day all of those kids know why Nia is there. (Abs also said something to this effect on The Talk/Real/View last week)

If you really focus on everything that those kids say, its clear that it all boils down to the fact that they're all brats and the show has gone to their head. For Nia's comment last night, I'm sure you can rewatch every other episode and find an equivalent shady statement said by every other child....namely Maddie and Kendall...but probably not so much Chloe because her spirit is crushed and shes all but dead inside.

Also. I do think Chloe's tears were real last night. We all know that Chloe doesn't take "class" at ALDC anymore, but she hasn't for awhile and still danced in the concert last summer. (Remember the first audition episodes from last summer when Paige, Chloe and Brooke all had to "audition" and it was because they'd already left Lorraine Productions). I think her crying really was because she had done that show for 12 years and now she couldn't because of her foot

I think you're over thinking it, like if these were "normal" children I'd agree with your point now, but since they aren't.... I think that those kids have had these "injustices" drilled into their heads and gassed up by their mama's and "fans" on social media to the point that none of them can tell what is real and what is fake. I don't see any of the other kids taking offense by what Nia said...because they're all aware that Nia has painfully terrible technique and is not on their level. They're friends...but at the end of the day all of those kids know why Nia is there. (Abs also said something to this effect on The Talk/Real/View last week)

If you really focus on everything that those kids say, its clear that it all boils down to the fact that they're all brats and the show has gone to their head. For Nia's comment last night, I'm sure you can rewatch every other episode and find an equivalent shady statement said by every other child....namely Maddie and Kendall...but probably not so much Chloe because her spirit is crushed and shes all but dead inside.

Also. I do think Chloe's tears were real last night. We all know that Chloe doesn't take "class" at ALDC anymore, but she hasn't for awhile and still danced in the concert last summer. (Remember the first audition episodes from last summer when Paige, Chloe and Brooke all had to "audition" and it was because they'd already left Lorraine Productions). I think her crying really was because she had done that show for 12 years and now she couldn't because of her foot

I'm not going to talk about Nia's comment because I'm not sure where I stand on the issue. Was Nia's comment true? Yes, Abby always picks favorites even if there is a better choice. Was Nia's comment appropriate? Probably not. It was a comment that probably could've been said in a more private setting... But whatever.

I'm not sure how much of the show and peoples comments are edited together but I agree, Nia's comment was nothing in comparison to what Maddie and Kendall have been shown to say. Maddie especially makes small but snide remarks more often than all the girls put together. Her ego is way too big for her own good.

I think Chloe's tears were real but I think that was tricky editing. I don't think she was crying when the girls were performing like they wanted you to think she was. They looked like happy-sad tears; like Abby-is-giving-a-memorial-speech-about-her-mother -and-Chloe-is-smiling-and-crying tears. But if those were real tears when the girls were performing, how could you blame her? Not only was this the first year she wasn't dancing, she wasn't dancing in the show that was dedicated to Ms. Miller - probably the most sentimental ALDC show any of the girls have done, and I'm sure Chloe was upset that she couldn't do it. If I remember correctly, Chloe was taught by Ms. Miller when she was younger and I think I saw her cry more when Ms. Miller passed than any of the other girls.

Speaking of the editing when they kept showing Melissa's face when Mckenzie was doing her 45 second routine I don't for one second think she was actually making those faces. I think they edited the looks of her rolling her eyes and looking bored when she was watching others or just sitting in the audience and made it look like she was doing that when Kenzie was performing.
I think Nia's comment was more towards thinking Abbey already knows what she is going to do regardless of how good their 45 seconds was good or not. If Maddie went out there and did horrible we all know she would still have a solo at nationals even if Nia did amazing. She makes them do these dumb "competitions" to try to make it look like she has a method for picking who gets to do what when in reality she just does whatever she wants. I feel so bad for Chloe bc she has always been my favorite and she deserves to be treated so much better than thats. I'm glad they are finally leaving.

Watching the episode I think Nia said those things not because she is disillusioned about her dancing ability and thinks she can win at nationals but she wants a chance to prove to abby that if she is given the time of day with solo work that she can do well.

I was sad for Nia because she is has improved so much and her jumps are great but she doesnt get to prove it in solos and she is most likely not as great as solos because she doesnt get many solo's compared to the others.

Back