OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Forget Dance Moms...is anyone watching "Bring It!" I'm officially hooked...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I watched the first episode. I'm not hooked but it was definitely interesting to see that sport existed. It was cool for me because I guess that's how outsiders see all star cheer when they see it for the first time. I was all "What? They literally have a dance battle and that's the whole point?!" But it was pretty cool. It was definitely not how I pictured it was going to be.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the original contract was for 4 seasons - so this would be the last that the original girls are obligated to do. If it continues I'm sure they'll lose at least Chloe...

Melissa isn't ridiculous? She's the craziest person on the show. :confused:

They do still attend real competitions, because we get invited on the regular to go to their meet and greets at competitions. But they're too far so it's never anything we're going to. I don't know about filming, but I think they film before and after at real competitions (but not during).

I love Jill. I want to be Jill when I grow up.

They attend real competitions but don't film. For instance the episode with the auditions in NYC aka the fight with Kelly episode...Kalani and Maddie were at a real competition with the rest of the ALDC (Nuvo maybe?) senior company and they performed the duet. Then they met up with the tv ALDC team and the mayhem ensued.

In10sity and the others( that I can't recall the names off the top of my head) are all Lifetime productions and the people at lifetime invite other studios to come and compete against them. Occasionally Mackenzie will miss and Abby will give a demeaning reason for why she isn't in the group number when in reality she's with the mini ALDC comp team at a real comp. It's expensive (more so than other dance comps) to watch and that's why the moms are ways in a row with a few other people surrounding them and bright lights are shine on them to make the auditorium seem fuller than it really is.

Plus they film each dance more than once from multiple angles. Doubt that flies at most comps

And since Chloe is not apart of ALDC except for filming, she doesn't attend the meet and greets/workshops/intensives etc. again. Hence why Abby yelled at Chloe, Paige and Brooke for "having on her clothes" at the "audition" in New York.

Sad I know all of this...but I have a lot of free time at work and (dance and reality tv)message board spill a lot of tea...

Dance Moms Wiki:Spoilers and Future Episode Information - Dance Moms Wiki

They attend real competitions but don't film. For instance the episode with the auditions in NYC aka the fight with Kelly episode...Kalani and Maddie were at a real competition with the rest of the ALDC (Nuvo maybe?) senior company and they performed the duet. Then they met up with the tv ALDC team and the mayhem ensued.

In10sity and the others( that I can't recall the names off the top of my head) are all Lifetime productions and the people at lifetime invite other studios to come and compete against them. Occasionally Mackenzie will miss and Abby will give a demeaning reason for why she isn't in the group number when in reality she's with the mini ALDC comp team at a real comp. It's expensive (more so than other dance comps) to watch and that's why the moms are ways in a row with a few other people surrounding them and bright lights are shine on them to make the auditorium seem fuller than it really is.

Plus they film each dance more than once from multiple angles. Doubt that flies at most comps

Yeah I figured that's what they were doing since you can see that the moms are always in empty auditoriums. Our kids ask at every competition if the dance moms kids are going to be there. :rolleyes:

I'm still watching every week though... :oops:

I don't know how I feel about "Bring It" yet. I've been watching... We'll see.

Yeah I figured that's what they were doing since you can see that the moms are always in empty auditoriums. Our kids ask at every competition if the dance moms kids are going to be there. :rolleyes:

I'm still watching every week though... :oops:

I don't know how I feel about "Bring It" yet. I've been watching... We'll see.

I still watch Dance Moms every week even though I know how trashy and fake it is.

I watched the first episode of Bring it and turned it off. It was boring.....and I see what they're trying to do with it and I'm not here for it

I used to watch it every week but I have missed about 4/5 episodes now I don't even miss it.
Its the same show every single week. Sure some of the people are switched about but there is always

2 moms claiming to be best friends but bitching that the other one is sneaky and disloyal
1 of the girls letting down the rest of the group by dancing bad
2 of the girls head to head doing solos to see who is the "best"
Abby wearing a whole drugstore of make up on her face at one time
Cathy making her entire dance career about beating Abby, and when she realises she cant resorting to starting petty arguments
and finally,
realising that every single second of each episode is set up by Lifetime and we are watching a reality show that is not reality.
Have you seen Abby's Ultimate Dance Challenge? I loved Asia and Kalani (and Brianna broke my heart!) but that show is SO scripted. The judges kept the kids that gave the show the highest ratings.

Have you seen Abby's Ultimate Dance Challenge? I loved Asia and Kalani (and Brianna broke my heart!) but that show is SO scripted. The judges kept the kids that gave the show the highest ratings.

I haven't watched it but I knew that Asia and Kalani came from that show! Also, Hadley and another boy from CADC came from there too?

I haven't watched it but I knew that Asia and Kalani came from that show! Also, Hadley and another boy from CADC came from there too?
Don't even get me started with her mom..... I know the show is scripted, so this part isn't real, but I hated Yvette so much:

The opener of Bring It amazes me. That one move the girls do where they drop backwards on their hands and SOMEHOW fling their legs back into a V blows my wee little mind. I watched it 20 times and knew the show couldn't live up to that one dance move. My 20 yo son was walking through and just said "Dayum". Pretty much summed it up for me.

I didn't think the mom's were "ratchet" I thought they were real. When the one mom point blank says "I was hoping she would call you out for not showing up!" I slow clapped because most of the time women play passive aggressive and just stir the pot. And at least "Beyonce" admits she was a dancer and is living through her child instead of denying it and acting crazy for no reason.
Also the owner/coach shows she loves her team and has a purpose behind being hard on them. It's not to build Kayla (the captain) up or make them cry, its because she wants them to be better than she was. That makes this show 100 times better than DM any day of the week.

I don't know why your post quotes me as saying "team Abby" but I want to make it clear that no....not me. Not the case. I'd never.

Lol sorry about that.
I didn't think the mom's were "ratchet" I thought they were real. When the one mom point blank says "I was hoping she would call you out for not showing up!" I slow clapped because most of the time women play passive aggressive and just stir the pot. And at least "Beyonce" admits she was a dancer and is living through her child instead of denying it and acting crazy for no reason.
Also the owner/coach shows she loves her team and has a purpose behind being hard on them. It's not to build Kayla (the captain) up or make them cry, its because she wants them to be better than she was. That makes this show 100 times better than DM any day of the week.

I haven't watched AUDC and I don't plan to until the next season.

After I made this thread, I realized how many reality tv shows I watch :confused:

Dance Moms has been going on a downward spiral ever since the end of season 1 and we are just watching its inevitable destruction. I can't wait for this show to be off the air and those kids to be forgotten. They, and Abby, need to get back to reality and STAT.
What kind of freaks me out is that there are teachers like Abby that treat kids the way she does. She kind of remind me of Bela Karolyi, minus the hitting. He would often berate his gymnasts and pit them against each other to motivate them (according to his gymnasts and assistants; I just finished reading Little Girls in Pretty Boxes).

True, but the near-fight in the trailer is what got me:

Back