OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I just saw on facebook via entertainment tonight that Sia issued an apology for the video. I didn't have fine to read it tho

The new episode already pisses me off. I'm not sure if i'm going to keep watching this season
What happens?

And going back to that Sia video... I don't think Shia did this for attention, I think he is genuinely fascinated with abstract art. But It still weirded me out. It was well choreographed and I read the story behind it (both Shia and Maddie represent different parts of Sia, it's supposed to pertain in some way to mental illness), but Shia's facial expressions creeped me out. Lol.

The fact that some people don't like it doesn't mean she should apologize for it.

I'm probably alone in this but I don't care who filed they lawsuit or why they filed the lawsuit for Paige, but I'm glad they did it.

It's utterly pathetic that those women still subject their daughters to that woman just to make a few dollars and continue the lifestyle that they've acquired over the last 4 or 5 years. I applaud Christy for taking Chloe, although I do believe that the Kelly/Paige/Brooke departure is what helped to really push her away. I also don't think Kelly would have gone had it not for that fight ...at any rate I'm glad it happened for them to all get out

Paige and Chloe looked broken and beat down all the time, thanks to Abby (and the negligence of their parents)

I'm shocked that Holly is sticking around. She seems to intelligent to fall into such a seedy trap and remain there. It makes since that Melissa (whose child benefits the most) and Jill (she's just fame hungry) to hang on , but for holly to stick around and bash Christi and Jill? It makes no sense

Surely she doesn't think that Nia will ever achieve Maddie fame or accolade

I'm probably alone in this but I don't care who filed they lawsuit or why they filed the lawsuit for Paige, but I'm glad they did it.

It's utterly pathetic that those women still subject their daughters to that woman just to make a few dollars and continue the lifestyle that they've acquired over the last 4 or 5 years. I applaud Christy for taking Chloe, although I do believe that the Kelly/Paige/Brooke departure is what helped to really push her away. I also don't think Kelly would have gone had it not for that fight ...at any rate I'm glad it happened for them to all get out

Paige and Chloe looked broken and beat down all the time, thanks to Abby (and the negligence of their parents)

I'm shocked that Holly is sticking around. She seems to intelligent to fall into such a seedy trap and remain there. It makes since that Melissa (whose child benefits the most) and Jill (she's just fame hungry) to hang on , but for holly to stick around and bash Christi and Jill? It makes no sense

Surely she doesn't think that Nia will ever achieve Maddie fame or accolade[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I believe it was Holly that said something like, "we stay because our kids want to dance." Is ALDC the only dance studio in whatever city they are located in? When she said that I lost a lot of respect for her. No, you don't have to stay at ALDC to dance. I'm sure there are plenty of places that would be more than happy to train your baby girl. I understand not breaking a contract...but once someone has belittled my child to the point of her crying...the MOMENT I am allowed to get out...I'm gone. Every single one of those moms CHOOSE to let Abby verbally abuse their kids. They proved that when they signed on for another season...Fame at all costs will ultimately cost more than they will ever be able to recover....very sad.

I didn't read the actual apology letter yet but on Twitter she apologized for triggering people with the video. Maybe that's what it was about?
She said that she expected people to cry "pedophilia" when they saw it but that was not her intention. That meant to create "emotional content" but not to upset people, and that she felt that Maddie and Shia were the only people to play those parts.

I think the dollar signs have gone to her head. Allowing money and 5 minutes of fame above the mental well being of their children has made me lose respect for any of them that still dance there.

oh and i totally forgot to mention the most pathetic scene of the episode: when the ALDC Team gets of the bus and all the paid ''Fans'' awkwardly start cheering and it's just SO obvious that someone gave them a sign to cheer :banghead:

I mean I doubt they're paid. But it is reality television. They're purposely put in contrived situations.

From what I read, Christi was roped into their contract for 6 seasons. She had been trying to get out since season 2. Fearing another lawsuit, they finally let her out after the "eye" comment by Abby.

I also read that the moms get $10,000 as week? and $3,000 clothing allowance? Plus baby sitting allowances. This all happened after the Kelly lawsuit.

It was interesting to me how Abby seemed to suddenly be pressuring Kendal to fill Chloe's spot, when she was learning her solo ("I need to see the back of your leg in that pirouette, pull your hip up!"). My guess is that Chloe gets all of their technique points. Christi always pointed out how Abby never seemed to mention Maddie's sickled feet. I'm thinking her absence will cost them down the line.

I don't know how I felt about that Sia video. I need to watch it again...but I'm afraid to...:oops:

oh and i totally forgot to mention the most pathetic scene of the episode: when the ALDC Team gets of the bus and all the paid ''Fans'' awkwardly start cheering and it's just SO obvious that someone gave them a sign to cheer :banghead:
Reminds me of the episode of Toddlers and Tiaras, when MacKenzie had her hoard of "fans" cheering for her when she hopped out of the car in front of the hotel for the pageant.

Reminds me of the episode of Toddlers and Tiaras, when MacKenzie had her hoard of "fans" cheering for her when she hopped out of the car in front of the hotel for the pageant.

CP and I did think that MacKenzie was hilarious in the first few episodes she did before she was "famous" - once her being famous crept into the show though it just all seemed so fake and stupid - kind of like what has happened w/ Dance Moms, and to a lesser extent, Cheerleaders. It's like reality show participants are only interesting "before" they become famous.

Agreed! I believe it was Holly that said something like, "we stay because our kids want to dance." Is ALDC the only dance studio in whatever city they are located in? When she said that I lost a lot of respect for her. No, you don't have to stay at ALDC to dance. I'm sure there are plenty of places that would be more than happy to train your baby girl. I understand not breaking a contract...but once someone has belittled my child to the point of her crying...the MOMENT I am allowed to get out...I'm gone. Every single one of those moms CHOOSE to let Abby verbally abuse their kids. They proved that when they signed on for another season...Fame at all costs will ultimately cost more than they will ever be able to recover....very sad.

They're in Pittsburgh, there's plenty of well respected studios to choose from. Someone mentioned Chloe being at Studio 19, they're very well known and respected along with quite a few others.

They're in Pittsburgh, there's plenty of well respected studios to choose from. Someone mentioned Chloe being at Studio 19, they're very well known and respected along with quite a few others.
Wow. I thought ALDC was the only one. In that case, just LEAVE! I always respected Dr. Holly, but I should have known things would go her and she wouldn't stay perfect forever.

Le sigh.

Back