All-Star "thigh And Body Rubbing"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I dont find anything wrong with what she did here.
It was fine until she dramatically rubbed her thighs which was completely unnecessary and sexual. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love generals but they could have still won worlds without thigh rubbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of my fave center preps...granted 2 years ago but it was cute, had a motion that made sense, as it went to the music. Wasn't overtly sexual.

The dance, which is by far one of my faves all time, and while some moves mentioned here are in it, overall its pretty tame for a dance to such a 'dirrty' song.

1:52

This is one of my fave center preps...granted 2 years ago but it was cute, had a motion that made sense, as it went to the music. Wasn't overtly sexual.

1:52

I laughed a little at the end... their dance song is Dirrty... one of the most sexual songs at the time it got out.

ETA: at least the video Christina made on that song was...

I personally do not think it has gotten out of hand. I think there are a few programs that over-do it, trying to "mimic" larger programs, who are not doing anything out of hand at all, such as Cheer Athletics, California All-Stars, and whoever else was mention in this discussion. The pole dancing leg split moves are obviously not ideal for younger athletes, but at the end of the day it's 2015 and nobody is taking off their clothes and shaking their junk in your face...
Stop putting songs like anaconda in your music and we will be fine.. no shade to Nicki:p

I laughed a little at the end... their dance song is Dirrty... one of the most sexual songs at the time it got out.

ETA: at least the video Christina made on that song was...

I am a resident Christina stan. I live that video. Chaps = Xtina for me. I also love Cali and when I saw this dance I tried to learn Sarah Gallo's part.

It was fine until she dramatically rubbed her thighs which was completely unnecessary and sexual. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love generals but they could have still won worlds without thigh rubbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it wasn't sexual at all, and I don't think that just because she touched her thighs it should be perceived that way. It probably wasn't necessary, but I found it to be sassy rather than "sexy."

This particular motion is not sexual, but MUST the center prep girl (after fluffing hair and everything else) make the "make it rain" hand motions across the front?

Tell me someone knows what I am talking about.

It's similar to what the "make it rain" emoji is doing.

Yes; at least I think so. It's the motion a man (or woman) makes whilst tipping the, um...performer, at certain types establishments in a specific manner using copious amounts of money....?

This is a very vague and subjective topic. I think many would agree that what appears "sassy" to one may be "sexy" to another and the age of the athletes and music accompanying choreography make all the difference in the world.
Also, the ferocity of the athlete performing the move can impact how the move is perceived, as can the preconceived ideas about the performance. Example: I can look at Little do a move and I wouldn't infer the same thing as if I saw Swain do it.

But where do we place the blame? On the cheerleaders for improving or the coaches/program for the choreography? It is hard to tell how much is planned choreography and how much is the girls improving. If improving the coaches should speak to their team on appropriate and inappropriate gestures. What the cheerleaders do on the mat is a direct reflection of the program.

This topic.... i could go on for ever and ever and ever
I love me a fierce routine, i love sass , but what i don't love is shaky stunts with flyers doing ridiculous sexual moves up there almost falling because they are trying to be ''fierce''. I also don't want to see you freak out with your borderline stripper moves after a tumbling pass or jumps because you look like an idiot. Nothing about that is fierce, absolutely nothing. It's stupid and looks like a desperate attempt at seeking attention. Ugh. I love great choreography, i love clean and goodlooking motions, but all the rubbing and tilting is getting out of hand.

Back