All-Star "thigh And Body Rubbing"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know everyone fell in love with them during Summit and they are definitely great but do we really believe they're level 3 athletes? Maybe I'm just cynical but I don't believe they are. Oh man, what have I become? I'm a year 4 cynical cheer mom!

:defeated:

I am not sure. But honestly, as a mom I would readily share that routine on social media and not fear judgement or a concerned call about my parenting decisions from those outside the cheer world...... I can't say that with some of the routines I have seen lately.

I have no idea what team it was, but my gym went to American Showcase in Anaheim this past year, and my coaches were watching teams and they said they saw a team LITERALLY lift their skirts up when they were facing backwards....
I can't deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea what team it was, but my gym went to American Showcase in Anaheim this past year, and my coaches were watching teams and they said they saw a team LITERALLY lift their skirts up when they were facing backwards....
I can't deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen that in the dance, before. I can't remember where but it was a local competition. They didn't place well.

I am not sure. But honestly, as a mom I would readily share that routine on social media and not fear judgement or a concerned call about my parenting decisions from those outside the cheer world...... I can't say that with some of the routines I have seen lately.
EXACTLY.

Sweet niblets.

When has it ever been cute to move like a seductress in the air? Try hitting and being super sharp, then I'll be impressed. Sexy doesn not equal talented or intimidating.

Ugh. :banghead:

Like I said... she can't glorify this stuff ("I worked rlly hard on this"... seriously?) but get mad about people steretyping cheerleaders as harlots.

@King I think we need to add an 'SMH' rating to the board. I wanted to rate her post, but I couldn't bring myself to shimmy it or give it (and in the process, her) a negative rating.

OKAY so went to watch the high school cheer comp. The high school my CPs will be attending was the ONLY gym that had girls doing the leg rubbing and it just looked trampy. It was unneeded and took a team that in the past was very feminine in style but classy and well yuck - disappointing (and these are girls that are good athletes and good dancers and so much more than they could be doing hat shows talent not ... whatever). It was the very end of the dance/end of routine only like 4 of the girls but right in the front - not as bad as some routines out there in any way but still pretty much front and center and not a good representation of cheer or the school. We watched all the other teams compete and not one other did something like it. We have a couple of years till high school but my CP will not be doing cheer if that is how this team is going to be. It takes the stereotype of cheer that they are eye candy not athletes and puts an exclamation point on it.

I think it's absolutely fine. Why is it a bad thing, especially once you get to Senior, and IOC5/6 levels? In my opinion, it keeps a routine from being too standard and boring. And it keeps the excitement up during the routine for the athletes performing.

I think it's absolutely fine. Why is it a bad thing, especially once you get to Senior, and IOC5/6 levels? In my opinion, it keeps a routine from being too standard and boring. And it keeps the excitement up during the routine for the athletes performing.
Because little kids see the older kids do it and imitate it. Then it's gross for all of us. Also it adds nothing to the skills of cheerleading, moves like that push cheer more towards performance art, like dance, and away from being considered a sport.

Because little kids see the older kids do it and imitate it. Then it's gross for all of us. Also it adds nothing to the skills of cheerleading, moves like that push cheer more towards performance art, like dance, and away from being considered a sport.

At least this year they specifically clarified that motions and choreography will add no creativity points to pyramid. Hopefully that will help get rid of some of it...

Back