All-Star Thinking Of Doing A Exchange Thoughts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There is an amazingly lovely girl from NZ who spent the last year on exchange in Florida and from all counts has had the best time everrrr. If you want to PM me I can try to put you in touch with her. Don't want to put her name on the boards.

I would loooove to have an exchange student! My friend is in Spain right now living with a family and in a few days when she gets back she's bringing one of the girls with her. We're all really excited for her to come to practice because she doesn't fully understand what cheerleading is. Anyway I think it would be so fun but its probably not realistic for my family :(

I know TG does a lot of host family/exchanges. There was a girl on here last season who ended up staying with a TG family and I think cheering on SO5. I would contact them for more information!

If you are going to go, I'd suggest a year vs. 6 months. Typically the first couple of months are making friendships and adjusting to life in general for studying abroad, so by the time you got settled and established strong friendships, you'd be going back. Additionally, the cheer season in the U.S. is typically anywhere from August/September - April, not including summer practices for all-star. School cheer varies by state and school district....some have separate teams for fall and spring sports, where as others have one team that they tryout for in April that lasts the entire year. Do your research on exchange agencies and gyms that you are interested in. Once things with an agency go through and you know what location you'll be in, start contacting local gyms and you'll also probably need to contact the school cheer coach about tryouts if you are interested in that (like I said above, some will only let people tryout in April, others have later tryouts). Study abroad is one of the best experiences you'll ever have if its done right however, so I definitely suggest it! Just be careful and do your research!:)

Didn't expect this many posts overnight, I have looked into a few exchange programs and I have a interview with one and I'm so excited!! I want to come for a year and yes would love to be at topgun, stingrays, ace, cheer extreme, California allstars Brandon or Maryland Marlins or Maryland twisters but honestly I would care what gym I was at it would a amazing experience anywhere I get placed and of course school would be put first I would just like Cheerleading to be a part of my life there as I could learn so much more in a place where it's so popular and the coaches are very good. There are company's such as EF which I got a interview for and NZIIC AFS and heaps more companies over here that do exchange programs and I am looking into all of them to get the best experience in America I can :)

Actually she's a New Zealander... sorry but its like saying your an American if your actually a Canadian, doesn't sit well...
Abject apologies, read it real quick last night after not sleeping for about 5 days and some illness making me dead on my feet (that and overwhelming exuberance from every New Yorker imaginable due to Pride weekend). Clearly says New Zealand in her main post. :D

Didn't expect this many posts overnight, I have looked into a few exchange programs and I have a interview with one and I'm so excited!! I want to come for a year and yes would love to be at topgun, stingrays, ace, cheer extreme, California allstars Brandon or Maryland Marlins or Maryland twisters but honestly I would care what gym I was at it would a amazing experience anywhere I get placed and of course school would be put first I would just like Cheerleading to be a part of my life there as I could learn so much more in a place where it's so popular and the coaches are very good. There are company's such as EF which I got a interview for and NZIIC AFS and heaps more companies over here that do exchange programs and I am looking into all of them to get the best experience in America I can :)

I did mine with AFS they were great.

There's still a bit of research I need to do as like I said I wanted people's thoughts it's either to do a exchange otherwise I will be over next year anyway to visit friends and finally get to see worlds thank you for all very much your comments :)

There is an amazingly lovely girl from NZ who spent the last year on exchange in Florida and from all counts has had the best time everrrr. If you want to PM me I can try to put you in touch with her. Don't want to put her name on the boards.
You may be able to search the thread on here when she was first looking for a family otherwise I can also point you in the right direction to get in touch with her, she is due to come back to New Zealand shortly.

If its a girl from Allstar in Auckland I know exactly who it is, I have talked to her a little while ago already :)

Back