All-Star This Year's Holiday Wish List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes! To others they're just dolls, but they were my prized possessions for years. I always had plenty when friends came over to play, and I could go into my own world for hours. I had a big corner of my room that was the American Girl corner with all their furniture and clothes and the dolls themselves. I'm keeping them around to pass down to my daughters. I'd buy my daughter an AG doll over an ipad any day.

Totally agree, I would as well! Plan to keep passing the dolls down as well as clothes, accessories. I only wish they had been around when I was a kid!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I love that you donate them. I gave my girls' dolls, clothes, accessories to my sister for my nieces but they're too young to play with them yet. Even though mine only played with them for a few years, they really enjoyed them. They preferred the modern ones and the ones that looked liked them.

Thank you! It brings me alot of joy to give to someone else.

I'd like to state for the record that not only did my mother refuse to buy me a Cabbage Patch kid, she also would not buy me a Cher barbie doll (the one with the long black hair and pink dress). When my dad finally took me to buy her, Cher was sold out. Le sigh.

I remember when I received a Bratz Jade slumber party doll when they first came out in the early 2000's.. I had Barbies before this but to me Bratz were everything. First was that doll then came the limo, the spa, the tiki bar, the pool, the motorcycle with the first boy bratz, the bratz mini mall.. I could spend hours upon hours just making up little stories with my dolls. I wish I'd kept them for nostalgia/ my future daughter..but somehow when we moved a few years ago they didn't make it to the new house :rolleyes:

On the topic of American girls, I have two; Felicity and Kirstin. They're packed away safe from my mother in case we move again, but I remember treating those dolls like they were gold. I thought I was so cool before I walked into my friends basement and saw the Kaya doll's teepee and horse set..

Last edited:
I remember when I received a Bratz Jade slumber party doll when they first came out in the early 2000's.. I had Barbies before this but to me Bratz were everything. First was that doll then came the limo, the spa, the tiki bar, the pool, the motorcycle with the first boy bratz, the bratz mini mall.. I could spend hours upon hours just making up little stories with my dolls. I wish I'd kept them for nostalgia/ my future daughter..but somehow when we moved a few years ago they didn't make it to the new house :rolleyes:

On the topic of American girls, I have two; Felicity and Kirstin. They're packed away safe from my mother in case we move again, but I remember treating those dolls like they were gold. I thought I was so cool before I walked into my friends basement and saw the Kaya doll's teepee and horse set..
I was shocked when i got my AG, and there was NO WAY i would ask for a play set/animal cause they're so dang expensive too :(

This whole debate about what @Kris10boo daughter is getting for Christmas is ridiculous. This isn't a competition about who's kids go the least without. At the end of the day people have different parenting skills. Some like to splash out on their kid to make them feel special, which I think is great, while others teach their kids that they can't get everything they want in life, which is also great. But seriously; why the childish 'gang up' on her, when she simply just asked for ideas on what little things there are to buy Jaylen for Christmas? Her financial issues have nothing to do with anybody but herself, so why get involved and put her down for wanting to make her kid happy? If you don't like it then just don't bring your kid up that way, but nobody has any right to question her parenting skills. I think it's great that she values her daughter so much and wants to make her feel special on Christmas.

This whole debate about what @Kris10boo daughter is getting for Christmas is ridiculous. This isn't a competition about who's kids go the least without. At the end of the day people have different parenting skills. Some like to splash out on their kid to make them feel special, which I think is great, while others teach their kids that they can't get everything they want in life, which is also great. But seriously; why the childish 'gang up' on her, when she simply just asked for ideas on what little things there are to buy Jaylen for Christmas? Her financial issues have nothing to do with anybody but herself, so why get involved and put her down for wanting to make her kid happy? If you don't like it then just don't bring your kid up that way, but nobody has any right to question her parenting skills. I think it's great that she values her daughter so much and wants to make her feel special on Christmas.

Agreed except she does make her finances our business by talking about it. Since you're not part of the parent board you miss a lot of it. This happens with lots of people in my life, so not just kris10boo. But it's exteeeeeeeemely frustrating when someone tells you their life story, and we all feel bad for them and offer advice and a shoulder to cry on - and then they rattle off a list of gifts that costs the same amount of money that would solve a lot of things they're dealing with. That pile of gifts would pay a deposit on an apartment. A college class. Travel costs for cheer. School clothes. Moving expenses. An attorney.

It's frustrating. None of us can afford those gifts because we pay for things we NEED. Don't cry that you can't afford things you need and make me feel all sad for you and then post that list and not expect a reaction.

Having just read the money talk over the last few pages, I guess I'll chime in from the perspective of a child watching their parents both struggle to provide a Christmas and other years surprising us with gifts we hadn't even hinted at. Let me preface this by saying whether it was a year we were struggling or a year we weren't I honestly can't say there was ever a Christmas I haven't enjoyed. Christmas Eve is always filled with good home cooked food, a movie, hot chocolate and a lot of laughs. Christmas morning is always enjoyable, before and after the gifts are opened, and my parents always made sure my brother and I said our thank yous.

When I was younger my family was much more close, we would have large Christmas get togethers and dinners. To this day those get togethers are some of my most fond memories, way better than the gifts I got under the tree. After my brother was born and we moved the get togethers became few and far between and our main event was opening presents on Christmas morning. I mentioned earlier that I had more Bratz items than I could count, and thanks to my dad who was a gamer and let me play at an early age, there was always a video game or two on my list. When my brother was younger it was Power Rangers, Race tracks and also the occasional game. A few years later when my parents spilt up and our lives changed financially, my mother was very honest with us. My brother plays Club Soccer at a pretty elite level, which like any travel sport is expensive. We were told our budget and then we made a list based off of that, if something went over the budget it would be saved for our birthdays. As a senior in high school preparing for college I can't tell you how much I appreciate my mother putting the idea of a budget in my head so early, even though I saw how much it hurt her to say no sometimes. My mother has always told me " When I have it, you know I give it. " which I think made it easier for my brother and I to understand the budget and why it was being put into place.

The only advice I feel I can give Kris10boo is that your daughter will love whatever Christmas you're able to give her, and when she's older she will look back and remember the memories rather than the gifts. Also try giving her a budget that works for you to make her list off of, it has worked for my brother and I without fail for years.

Having just read the money talk over the last few pages, I guess I'll chime in from the perspective of a child watching their parents both struggle to provide a Christmas and other years surprising us with gifts we hadn't even hinted at. Let me preface this by saying whether it was a year we were struggling or a year we weren't I honestly can't say there was ever a Christmas I haven't enjoyed. Christmas Eve is always filled with good home cooked food, a movie, hot chocolate and a lot of laughs. Christmas morning is always enjoyable, before and after the gifts are opened, and my parents always made sure my brother and I said our thank yous.
Same. I honestly remember more of the feelings and less of the gifts. Christmas eve with my dad's side and getting to see his relatives and a big yummy Italian meal. Christmas day with my grandma and grandpa and mom's side. How when my grandpa tried to give gifts after my grandma died, he kept spelling 'Brain' instead of 'Brian.' Playing board games and screaming at each other and mashed potatoes and snuggling up with my mom watching Christmas movies.

After not having heat or hot water for most of this past month, I honestly treasure a warm house with good food and family. You can't put a dollar amount on that comfort and peace of mind!

Same. I honestly remember more of the feelings and less of the gifts. Christmas eve with my dad's side and getting to see his relatives and a big yummy Italian meal. Christmas day with my grandma and grandpa and mom's side. How when my grandpa tried to give gifts after my grandma died, he kept spelling 'Brain' instead of 'Brian.' Playing board games and screaming at each other and mashed potatoes and snuggling up with my mom watching Christmas movies.

After not having heat or hot water for most of this past month, I honestly treasure a warm house with good food and family. You can't put a dollar amount on that comfort and peace of mind!

Exactly! I'm struggling to put together what I've dubbed my 'last real Christmas list', however I'm just excited that my mom is letting my boyfriend come over the day before and the day of Christmas. This year it will just be him, my brother, my mom and I but I'm just as excited as I've ever been. Having the people who matter most with me on Christmas trumps any kind of list I could dream up.

Beanie Babies, yall. Those were my prized possessions.

I still have a garbage bag full with their tags on, of course. Are they worth anything yet? I think my co-workers and I had a blast 15 years ago or so going and buying those things supposedly for our kids, but they never got to play with them and again, did I mention they are in a trash bag in the back of a closet?

I still have a garbage bag full with their tags on, of course. Are they worth anything yet? I think my co-workers and I had a blast 15 years ago or so going and buying those things supposedly for our kids, but they never got to play with them and again, did I mention they are in a trash bag in the back of a closet?
Be gentle with them! Some ARE, in fact, worth a pretty penny but it depends on if the tag is on and the damage. Look on ebay. Some are going for nickels but I think one sold for at least $1000.

I am struggling with Christmas too - not financially (though as a single mom I am to a point but that's neither here nor there) but with my kids APPRECIATING the value of what they get. They had a dad who used to spoil them - every electronic device, dolls, phones etc. He is not in our lives anymore (I couldn't keep paying for the phones either) and I just can't match up to their expectations HOWEVER I feel so guilty for moving them across the country- they still cry and are miserable most of the time - that I think I am overcompensating for the holidays which will not reinforce what I am trying to prove. They are also in an area which makes it tough but Austin is very mixed- trailer parks a block from mansions etc. so I try and take them places and show them how to appreciate - we donate- we volunteer - we raise money- we give to the poor - we do charity work - but with so much that their friends have it's frustrating to tell them sorry, we can't. To make matters worse my cp needs a phone badly, she was diagnosed a year ago with crohns and I need to be able to reach her 24/7 and vice versa. My friend has a store in our old FL area and he has a cheap, returned iphone 5 i'm giving her. Her plan with be a 3rd party $29 a month plan. Her phone will be nicer than mine! I just do not know how to teach them to appreciate better. They expect so much. Everything goes to cheer and I just don't think they realize.

I am struggling with Christmas too - not financially (though as a single mom I am to a point but that's neither here nor there) but with my kids APPRECIATING the value of what they get. They had a dad who used to spoil them - every electronic device, dolls, phones etc. He is not in our lives anymore (I couldn't keep paying for the phones either) and I just can't match up to their expectations HOWEVER I feel so guilty for moving them across the country- they still cry and are miserable most of the time - that I think I am overcompensating for the holidays which will not reinforce what I am trying to prove. They are also in an area which makes it tough but Austin is very mixed- trailer parks a block from mansions etc. so I try and take them places and show them how to appreciate - we donate- we volunteer - we raise money- we give to the poor - we do charity work - but with so much that their friends have it's frustrating to tell them sorry, we can't. To make matters worse my cp needs a phone badly, she was diagnosed a year ago with crohns and I need to be able to reach her 24/7 and vice versa. My friend has a store in our old FL area and he has a cheap, returned iphone 5 i'm giving her. Her plan with be a 3rd party $29 a month plan. Her phone will be nicer than mine! I just do not know how to teach them to appreciate better. They expect so much. Everything goes to cheer and I just don't think they realize.
This is how my little sister is. Our mom is a single parent and we have always struggled but our father has always been more than well off. After I moved out last year I learned to appreciate things a lot more being in a dorm (and now in an apartment). My father pays for my school and rent but I am given money monthly for rent, bills, and groceries but anything outside of that I have to use my babysitting and coaching money for. It has really helped me learned how to budget my money more. But my sister is still in high school and expects everything to be handed to her and tends to treat my dad like an ATM instead of like a human being.

Back