All-Star This Year's Holiday Wish List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm sorry, but I have to say that the comments about being materialistic and making Christmas not be about family, etc., are a little insulting. My children have always been spoiled at Christmas, but materialist is furthest from the truth. It's always been God and family first. If that makes me a selfish American, so be it.
I'm sorry if my post sounded like that's what I meant. I never meant to insinuate that if you buy expensive gifts you're materialistic or selfish. It seems that many get caught up in the importance of the gifts and lose sight of the other wonderful parts of Christmas.. As you mentioned you do both. I think that's great! When your kids grow up, they will appreciate the emphasis you placed on family and god first, which is what I'm thankful now as an adult. Doesn't really have to do with the presents I got, just what my parents taught me :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I'm sorry if my post sounded like that's what I meant. I never meant to insinuate that if you buy expensive gifts you're materialistic or selfish. It seems that many get caught up in the importance of the gifts and lose sight of the other wonderful parts of Christmas.. As you mentioned you do both. I think that's great! When your kids grow up, they will appreciate the emphasis you placed on family and god first, which is what I'm thankful now as an adult. Doesn't really have to do with the presents I got, just what my parents taught me :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

No offense taken, but thank you for the apology. I'm just feeling a little sensitive this Christmas. :( BTW, my kids are 28 and 17 and it still means a lot to me to spoil them rotten.

I'm 23 and my little sister turns 3 next month. The number of strangers that have asked me about adoption as if I were her mother is astonishing.

When my younger sister was a baby people thought my old sister went all.....12 and pregnant

The other day while at the AT&T store the manager told my mom to make sure We both (my younger sister and I) "stayed in college and got our doctorates" I was like sir, I'm finished with school and never going back and he got ready to lecture me and I was like sir....I got my masters 3 years ago....today

And finally the sales associate was like "ohhhhhh we thought they were twins, they don't look exactly alike but their names are Erin and Teryn"

My mom was like...that's what happens when you tell a 9 yr old that they can name the baby....

Last edited:
Back