OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We get fined for things like recruitment, formal pledging, initiation and philanthropy but that's it. Otherwise we have a point system and if you don't make a certain amount of points you can't go to socials. and is that true about adpi across the board because I wanna say that the adpis here got their bigs a couple weeks after rush?

We get fined for things like recruitment, formal pledging, initiation and philanthropy but that's it. Otherwise we have a point system and if you don't make a certain amount of points you can't go to socials. and is that true about adpi across the board because I wanna say that the adpis here got their bigs a couple weeks after rush?
Not sure. It might have been across the board and they changed it recently or just at South Carolina.

According to my old teammates Instagram, bid day was 9 weeks ago and they found out their big 7 weeks ago. That seems faster than the other big/little reveals I've seen this year, but maybe not? Obviously I'm no expert.

They did at the school I went to in Florida but the girls in my Pi Chi group that were in it have graduated so I'm not sure if they do anymore.

Haha the girls next door to me are in a sorority and their pledges are out front shouting "we're never getting in!" My roommate told me they are getting in soon but I can't tell them that!

I'm thinking about rushing next year as a sophomore, but my mom is worried it'll be too much of a time commitment and too much money. The school I'm transferring to is more expensive than the one I'm at now and I need to be working as much as I can...

I highly suggest when it gets closer to check out the Greek life on your school. Some schools do recruitment before school starts and some do it a little bit in. If they do it a bit in, find out if there's informational meetings and go to it. Ask questions. The people who can give you the best answers about time and money commitment are the girls at that school themselves.
Okay, thank you!

I feel like this hasn't been asked for the sake of people being "afraid" to ask but...
A girl I knew from high school just went through recruitment and word got around that she already decided she didn't two certain sororities because she knew girls from high school that she didn't like in them. Even though this was at a VERY large school in Florida with a large greek life, three girls made her think so negatively of their respective sororities and never gave them a chance.

So that made me think, is it ever the same the other way around? Do girls in the sorority ever 'down vote' PNMs that they simply didn't like from high school? For the PNM, how can you keep an open mind during rush about a sorority who has a group of girls you didn't get along with in high school?

I'm mainly asking this for the sake of others and also hoping this will spark some stories about the always fun happy ending! :D

Unfortunately since my school (University of Texas) has such a competitive recruitment, every sorority cuts girls upon hearing even one bad thing. Being on the other side of rush for the first time this past fall, it's surprising to see the process of deciding which girls get cut.

Hey greek friends I have a question- as I mentioned earlier I am a part of a business fraternity. I am considering a Panhellenic sorority in the future, would I be able to do both? Or would I have to leave the fraternity in order to rush a sorority?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey greek friends I have a question- as I mentioned earlier I am a part of a business fraternity. I am considering a Panhellenic sorority in the future, would I be able to do both? Or would I have to leave the fraternity in order to rush a sorority?

My sister is in a Panhellenic sorority and an honors sorority so I'd assume it's fine, though it may be different depending on the school.

I'm in a music service sorority and a Panhellenic sorority. It's pretty difficult at times, especially because meetings are at the same time, but both groups are very understanding. I usually go to every other meeting of both so it works out.

As long as both groups are aware of one another and willing to help you, you should be fine!!

Back