All-Star Too Many Locations?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
How do you guys feel when it seems a gym is growing at a super rapid pace, with a BUNCH of locations everywhere? Does it affect the gym's placing? I have noticed my old gym seems to have an announcement of a new location every month. When they had a location in one state, and one in another state across the country, they said it was hard because of all of their travelling to and from. Now, they are in multiple states. I just think they are biting off too much than they can chew, and I hope they don't let the original gym suffer running around across the US!

I still dont know how I feel about this, but Im starting to lean towards not liking it. I think its too much when a gym starts opening locations in multiple states. I honestly feel that some gyms are just trying to monopolize their area and just make as much money as they can.

I still dont know how I feel about this, but Im starting to lean towards not liking it. I think its too much when a gym starts opening locations in multiple states. I honestly feel that some gyms are just trying to monopolize their area and just make as much money as they can.
I feel the same way! I think if your gonna go big, have a good QUALITY program like CA, with one or two locations. I wouldn't get any bigger than that, it could get really out of hand.

I'm not okay with it when they buyout 10 existing gyms, and then send all of the top athletes to another location to create a super team.

I also dislike when the gyms have teams competing against each other. I know there are only so many divisions one can compete in, and you have to work with what you have.. but a gym should be an extended family, not rivals.

I don't mind it so much if all of the gyms have the same quality, though. I think an example of doing it right is California Allstars. They have a lot, and even one in another state, but each gym can sustain itself, which is important. They all (i think) have their own level 5 team in each location as well as multiple lower level teams.

I do agree with the OP though. I sometimes feel at the rate we're going, in a few years there will only be a few cheer franchises with multiple locations each. I hope that never happens.. I love the diversity and variety of the all star cheer world.

It all depends on how the gym in run in my opinion. And how the staff is structured. Without solid leadership and management at all locations that works well with the leadership/management at other locations, it's doomed to fail. I've seen good and bad examples of this. ACE and Cheer Extreme are doing it right in my opinion. And ACX, but if course I'm biased. These are just the ones I'm most familiar with.

Personally it really doesnt matter how many gyms our gym owns...on a day to day basis...cheer is the gym you are at...the coaches you have a relationship with....it is just a tad weird to go to a comp and see people you have never met in your teams uniforms...but that is about it....we love Cali, owner and coaches and it seems to be working fine...:) IMO

I think there are certain gyms that have done a great job maintaining the quality of multiple locations. However, nobody has done it as well as Cali. Each gym has done a great job of keeping true to the "Cali style". All gyms and choreography are extremely cohesive, and you're not left wondering why Team XYZ of Gym Monopoly is such a hot mess compared to the other location. I think Stingrays will be very similar with their new location.

I have no problem if a gym has a few locations. But I think they should be somewhat close to the "original" gym and maybe not across the country. Like (I'm not using any specific gym for this, just making it up.) don't have a gym in Florida then another one in like Washington. That's a little weird. Like maybe keep it in the state or the surrounding states.

I'm not okay with it when they buyout 10 existing gyms, and then send all of the top athletes to another location to create a super team.

I also dislike when the gyms have teams competing against each other. I know there are only so many divisions one can compete in, and you have to work with what you have.. but a gym should be an extended family, not rivals.

I don't mind it so much if all of the gyms have the same quality, though. I think an example of doing it right is California Allstars. They have a lot, and even one in another state, but each gym can sustain itself, which is important. They all (i think) have their own level 5 team in each location as well as multiple lower level teams.

I do agree with the OP though. I sometimes feel at the rate we're going, in a few years there will only be a few cheer franchises with multiple locations each. I hope that never happens.. I love the diversity and variety of the all star cheer world.

I also feel bad for the parents and athletes when they join a satellite gym based solely on a name and the results are not what they expected.

I also feel bad for the parents and athletes when they join a satellite gym based solely on a name and the results are not what they expected.

Thats just the problem with some companies becoming a franchise, New parents go to those gyms just because there's lots of them, not knowing what they are getting themselves into... We have a company over here like that, its so sad!

I generally look at all star cheer gyms from the business perspective

I think that if financially it makes sense to expand your market to somewhere else then do it

Sometimes it only makes sense to move to another state. If you are already getting the kids in your state regardless. Then why build another gym in your state. I think it should be about expanding your market and reaching more consumers if possible.

I realize that some people don't do it for the business aspect but in all reality it is a business. And if you want to be always making more money it makes sense to sell your product or service to a greater volume if the consumer is still willing to buy.

I have no problem if a gym has a few locations. But I think they should be somewhat close to the "original" gym and maybe not across the country. Like (I'm not using any specific gym for this, just making it up.) don't have a gym in Florida then another one in like Washington. That's a little weird. Like maybe keep it in the state or the surrounding states.

I question a gym "franchise" that have locations that are close enough to allow the swapping of athletics and yet they are listed as a small gym because they have 2 different addresses and 2 different tax IDs. In my opinion, if the 2 gyms are within driving distance of each other they shouldn't be registered as a small gym since in reality they are operating as a large gym.

I question a gym "franchise" that have locations that are close enough to allow the swapping of athletics and yet they are listed as a small gym because they have 2 different addresses and 2 different tax IDs. In my opinion, if the 2 gyms are within driving distance of each other they shouldn't be registered as a small gym since in reality they are operating as a large gym.

My thoughts on this- and please don't think I am defending the practice, because I am not in any way, shape, or form- is that the satellite gyms often are filtering higher level athletes to the main location, and not benefiting from receiving additional athletes from the main gym, where most of the high-level teams are located. Most (if not all) of the athlete sending goes on in between seasons when seasons are formed. Therefore, because the franchise locations are owned by different people than the main gym, and they are not receiving athletes to stack the teams at the satellites, they DO function as small gyms. I would take issue if my gym decided to license their name, style, etc., to a no-name gym 45 minutes away from us, and we didn't share athletes (or coaches) and we were forced into the large gym category based on this alone. I cannot see a lot of parents being very happy with an organization if they were constantly shuffling kids between gyms (especially at the lower levels) and routines were constantly being reworked to accommodate athletes who hadn't "paid their dues" on that team earlier in the season. "For the win". I know a lot of athletes would quite frankly be insulted if their coaches thought they didn't have a chance that season without adding in 4 level 5's to their level 2 team.

Back