All-Star Too Many Locations?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've worked at tiny gyms and multiple location gyms. Big or small, if you hit the scoresheet, you hit the scoresheet. Most big gyms get big because they obviously know how to hit the scoresheet. I hate it when ppl think comps are biased to big programs. Cuz they're not. I've been a part of small programs who won comps over huge gyms.

And different programs expand differently. Some have the satellite/franchise approach, some work very closely with all locations, some just basically share a name with each location running independently. Either way, it's their right as a business. Just like its a small gyms right to not get bought.

But the moral of the story is, big, small or insanely monopolized. Good teams win. So if ur one of the teams always blaming it on a big gym conspiracy, you're obviously better off focusing your energy on practice

I also feel bad for the parents and athletes when they join a satellite gym based solely on a name and the results are not what they expected.

They should have shopped around and found a good fit for their child instead of going to a gym just for their name.

I think that there are gyms who have made it work and work well (Cali, ACE, and FAME) but there are also gyms who have tried it and it hasn't worked. I think the gyms who have advertised having gyms in different places not close to each other are either rarely talked about or have not worked at all.

Personally it really doesnt matter how many gyms our gym owns...on a day to day basis...cheer is the gym you are at...the coaches you have a relationship with....it is just a tad weird to go to a comp and see people you have never met in your teams uniforms...but that is about it....we love Cali, owner and coaches and it seems to be working fine...:) IMO
Some ppl have only one location and see people first the first time at competition. Lol I don't there is anything wrong with it but I do think the owners should force uniformity. Same warm ups tshirts etc. So that they all look like 1 family. I also think that a gym should not be able to have more than 1 team in a given division at the same comp.

They should have shopped around and found a good fit for their child instead of going to a gym just for their name.

I think that there are gyms who have made it work and work well (Cali, ACE, and FAME) but there are also gyms who have tried it and it hasn't worked. I think the gyms who have advertised having gyms in different places not close to each other are either rarely talked about or have not worked at all.

And I absolutely agree with your above statement. Unfortunately, advertising can be very misleading.

I've worked at tiny gyms and multiple location gyms. Big or small, if you hit the scoresheet, you hit the scoresheet. Most big gyms get big because they obviously know how to hit the scoresheet. I hate it when ppl think comps are biased to big programs. Cuz they're not. I've been a part of small programs who won comps over huge gyms.

And different programs expand differently. Some have the satellite/franchise approach, some work very closely with all locations, some just basically share a name with each location running independently. Either way, it's their right as a business. Just like its a small gyms right to not get bought.

But the moral of the story is, big, small or insanely monopolized. Good teams win. So if ur one of the teams always blaming it on a big gym conspiracy, you're obviously better off focusing your energy on practice

I don't think that there is a big gym conspiracy, but being from Texas, they have 5 different UIL divisions for a reason, based on student population. A 2A football program will never compete against a 5A school.. however, that's not to say that a 2A football team wouldn't get lucky sometimes and actually beat a 5A team, but the odds are against them. The same goes for all-star gyms... but that's just my opinion. :p

Back